Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 reasons you should drop your fantasy mmo for Hellgate Global!!!!

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

• First person combat on some classes

• Monsters and bosses that demand respect

• No "trinity" needed for groups!

• Normal/Nightmare difficulty toggle

• Marksman build actually requires that you aim a reticule as opposed to continually tapping 1,2,3... repeat.

• Randomized areas

• Real Diablo-style loot mechanics

• No eleves or fairy tales

• True character build customization. Viable builds whether you are specialized or hybrid.

• Random treasure, hidden and elite passageways

• F2P/B2P hybrid - a small fee allows your main and all your alts access to huge unrestricted amounts of content after Act 2

• No tab targetting!!!!! All classes must do it themselves!

There are more but I'll let my fellow die hard Hellgaters add them in. See you all in Hell!!!!!

Comments

• AlexTheTallAlexTheTall Member Posts: 174

I am more a fantasy genre player, but I'll check it out!

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

Yes, let's be clear on that one point.   The game that many of you already paid for, that you can currently play FOR FREE single player, that was stated for many weeks to be FREE2PLAY, is a demo with a pay-for-the-rest-of-the-content option.

You can play up to Act 2 (of 5) for free.   That's around level 15 or 16, which should take most players... a day?

T3 is not getting any money from me.   It amazes me they didn't learn from Flagship when they released the same game with their awkward pay model.   I've no problem with a cash shop in a F2P game, selling lots of ingame features, or even special instanced content, but this isn't that.   This is a trial which forces you to pay to play most of the game.

I was kind of excited to give Hellgate another try.   I won't now.

Originally posted by marganculos

{mod edit}

How about "we already paid for the content"?   or "they have been saying all along it will be F2p"?    It's not the 4 bucks, it'd be the same reaction if it was 4 cents.   People don't like being lied to or jerked around.

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133

hmmm...this list is full of things i don't want to see in my mmo game.

No elves? Meh...

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

It is free to play, to a certain point. Like most free to play games. LOTRO, DDO, EQII and so on. 90% of the free to play games force you to pay money for content at some point.

lol@the burger comment, thats pretty funny =)

I cant wait to play and im pretty sure i wont mind dishing out $4 to play the whole game.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by SwampRob

Yes, let's be clear on that one point.   The game that many of you already paid for, that you can currently play FOR FREE single player, that was stated for many weeks to be FREE2PLAY, is a demo with a pay-for-the-rest-of-the-content option.

You can play up to Act 2 (of 5) for free.   That's around level 15 or 16, which should take most players... a day?

T3 is not getting any money from me.   It amazes me they didn't learn from Flagship when they released the same game with their awkward pay model.   I've no problem with a cash shop in a F2P game, selling lots of ingame features, or even special instanced content, but this isn't that.   This is a trial which forces you to pay to play most of the game.

I was kind of excited to give Hellgate another try.   I won't now.

Entrance fee is only $4. Why would anyone play the SP version for free when, for the price of a gallon of US gasoline in Alaska, you can take a trip to Hell and enjoy all the extra content?

WTF you f*cktards stop complaining on every forums about "its not F2P" omg just for 4$ you have have FULL game... im so glad this trolls wont be in Hellgate lol :P because 4$ "omg i can buy 1 hamburger instead, hellgate is overpriced!".....

How about "we already paid for the content"?   or "they have been saying all along it will be F2p"?    It's not the 4 bucks, it'd be the same reaction if it was 4 cents.   People don't like being lied to or jerked around.

Come on! You and all the rest can't say you were surpirsed that there would be an entrance fee of some sort. No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet. It's only $4.

Originally posted by Newfr

hmmm...this list is full of things i don't want to see in my mmo game.

No elves? Meh...

A demon can kick an elf's butt any day!

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140

One ticket subscription allows a player to enter a specific area and dungeon after Hellgate's Act 2 (Starting at Waterloo Bridge). It gives players the access to continue quests and experience a whole new game play. The Ticket subscription is your gateway to hell's eternity. The ticket is eternal and everlasting.

Areas that will be unlocked after ticket1 usage:

- Act 3

- Act 4

- Act 5

- 2nd Attack

- Abyss

- Stonehenge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would have to buy 6 tickets to unlock everything...

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

isnt this the game that failed miserably.... trying to revive it and use a dodgy sounding payment method..  im sure that will make it successful image

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

O M G you are all wrong

"One TICKET to rule them all"

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by steelrain666

One ticket subscription allows a player to enter a specific area and dungeon after Hellgate's Act 2 (Starting at Waterloo Bridge). It gives players the access to continue quests and experience a whole new game play. The Ticket subscription is your gateway to hell's eternity. The ticket is eternal and everlasting.

- Act 3

- Act 4

- Act 5

- 2nd Attack

- Abyss

- Stonehenge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

1 ticket gives access to all that.

Its $4.

When they first posted it up the wording was very iffy and confused people. Theyve updated and clarified tho.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Originally posted by steelrain666

- Act 3

- Act 4

- Act 5

- 2nd Attack

- Abyss

- Stonehenge

Still $24 is nothing. Well it might have been hard for me to come up with back in college in '96.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Im definately in on this but i hope it doesnt go belly up again! hehehehehe

This was probably destined to be the best instanced style mmo game ever made, it was just seething with potential however flagship totally dropped the ball from day one and made the games UI and mechanics worse everytime they touched it...

You can unlock it as you go so theres really no risk at $4 a chapter..

If TOR would have went with an FPS style combat system i would be creaming myself but alas, they didnt..

Playing GW2..

Originally posted by Phry
    isnt this the game that failed miserably.... trying to revive it and use a dodgy sounding payment method.. im sure that will make it successful

failed? so its better to release another chinese/korean grind mmo full of fluffy creatures, pink dragons, nearly naked chicks "in full plate armor" ? yes ofc i will welcome another game like this......

Originally posted by jpnole

{mod edit}

Come on! You and all the rest can't say you were surpirsed that there would be an entrance fee of some sort. No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet. It's only $4.

Check out their forums for people's reaction if you don't believe me.   I expected, like almost every other F2P game, that the main content would be free, and that the cash shop would be for special items and extra content; the abyss, stonehenge, second wave, Tokyo content, etc.    Keep in mind that the company selling this did not create the original content.

F2Ps charge for instanced content, items with bonuses like +10%exp, extra item slots, extra character slots, ability to form guilds, no cash cap, etc.

F2Ps give the player an option to pick and choose what he wants to buy and when.   This payment model says "you can only play free to this point and then you MUST pay".    That is a demo with a buy to play option.   

Everyone can decide for themselves whether or not it's worth it, but it was disingenous of them to call it a F2P game and then offer this system.

Originally posted by Phry

isnt this the game that failed miserably.... trying to revive it and use a dodgy sounding payment method..  im sure that will make it successful image

The game didn't crash because it sucked. It crashed because, like many companies in 2007/2008, Flagship was highly leveraged and relying on credit. Only a few thousand players, if that, got to experience HGL in all it's glory (Stonehenge, Abyss, etc.). Now there is more content and there will be an UNLIMITED number of players who can try out the game.... for free... up through Act 2 ...LOL.  I guarantee you HG Global will do just fine.

failed? so its better to release another chinese/korean grind mmo full of fluffy creatures, pink dragons, nearly naked chicks "in full plate armor" ? yes ofc i will welcome another game like this......

HG is not like this, though I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

Originally posted by dageeza

Im definately in on this but i hope it doesnt go belly up again! hehehehehe

All Hanbitsoft has to do is keep the servers running and add content here and there. These Asian companies are all flush with cash anyway. Running a shoestring budget on credit was copywritten by us Americans!

HG is not like this, though I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

i failed with quote, fixed :D

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I assume this is a half-baked Borderlands with a cash shop?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

• First person combat on some classes

• Monsters and bosses that demand respect

• No "trinity" needed for groups!

• Normal/Nightmare difficulty toggle

• Marksman build actually requires that you aim a reticule as opposed to continually tapping 1,2,3... repeat.

• Randomized areas

• Real Diablo-style loot mechanics

• No eleves or fairy tales

• True character build customization. Viable builds whether you are specialized or hybrid.

• Random treasure, hidden and elite passageways

• F2P/B2P hybrid - a small fee allows your main and all your alts access to huge unrestricted amounts of content after Act 2

• No tab targetting!!!!! All classes must do it themselves!

There are more but I'll let my fellow die hard Hellgaters add them in. See you all in Hell!!!!!

it still have fantasy elements, several game have random treasures, normal difficult is ridiculous easy, I was playing on hardest difficult possible and I was still thinking it was too easy,

bosses respect? please just shot and evade close confront and you are gold for melee kind you have the def to take all damage and laught at it, first person is hardly something new anarchy you can play on first person so like aion too, the random areas all look the same ts still use the same map kind nothing diferently from the normal,

its still ahve his fairy tails, like why demons invaded.

also after that ticket anouncement 2 days before the launch of the open beta, people are just pissed they are lied about it and will not play anymore for fear to be flagshiped again.

and the simple fact you have to make a post here taunting people to drop they games for this old thing make me thing you guys who still want to play it are that desperate to not let it sink, too bad hanbisoft already shows his colors and a lot of peeps will not even care to play the open beta.

also a side note I saw a game do that before, it was free till they lock content with ticket you had to buy, well after that the the game who had 3 full server became a ghost town of only 300-400 peeps playing, after 2 months like this they anounce they would remove the tickets, well the damage as already done and they get only enough peeps to have 1 server full enough so people would stop complining they don't had anyone to play with or against. diference is the company was smart enough to change back and try to save his server, from what I notice from then since the CB is they don't, so well just hope i'm wrong and you can get enough morons to play it, if not well flagshiped again

if you played the original, just get your old copy install it and play the single player one, because the multiplayer will be so empty it will make no diference if is SP or multi. also only diference is they changed the lame script of trying to make jokes and keep it more serious, but otehr then that its all the same. If not don't even bother this game is too old and the company will jsut try to milk you for money from it.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Originally posted by Palebane

hmmm.... can you tell me how many zombies was in Borderlands? i think i can count this with one hand :D

You assume wrong. Borderlands was a good game, but it didn't have the variety in character archetypes and it didn't quite nail the Diablo loot mechanic, though it came close. Borderlands was also heavily consolized whereas HG has a much cleaner, more intuitive interface.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

hmmm.... can you tell me how many zombies was in Borderlands? i think i can count this with one hand :D

They could be zombies. Most of them had masks on. Might as well be zombies in my book.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.