Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Unchained Transformation Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Age of Conan servers are shut at the moment at Funcom readies the new "unrated and Unchained" version of the game. Unchained, for those not in the know, is the free to play version of Age of Conan. The official website is also down in preparation for the arrival of Unchained.

Will there be a player shop to buy various items that allow you to advance in the game?

Yes, we have already been selling those types of convenience and progression benefits for some time through the game’s account pages, so this just places those kinds of items into a store setting similar to that you would find in other free to play games. This is already something we have integrated in the Korean version of the game, and our backend for that type of service is already well established and tested as it currently runs the store in Anarchy Online.

Read more of the MMORPG.com interview with Funcom's Craig Morrison about Age of Conan Unbound.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

The free version of AoC is already ready to go?

That was fast....

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

ill try it again , but if the high levels are campin the low level dungeons again im out. found it damn near impossible to finish a quest withem their. i love pvp but i like fair pvp not a lvl 25 vs a lvl 5.....lvl 5 will never win ^^

The problem I ran into with Age of Conan is that I used the offline leveling.  So I'm level 80 with level 35 armor and I have absolutely NO in-game currency to buy new stuff.  Lol.... I can't do ANYthing in the game.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

The problem I ran into with Age of Conan is that I used the offline leveling.  So I'm level 80 with level 35 armor and I have absolutely NO in-game currency to buy new stuff.  Lol.... I can't do ANYthing in the game.

That never really mattered in AoC. A few of my characters were weearing Sanctum armor up until level 80.  Maybe it matters in PvP but I don't do that so I can't comment on that.

If you are looking for in game currency run a few villas.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Well I tried to do the main storyline quests and they leveled up with me so the baddies were like 75.   And with me in my 35 armor I got owned by the first two of them.

I'll try the villas, but god, that seemed like the ONLY content Age of Conan had everyone always says "Do the villas."

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Villas suck, they're not even fun or exciting to be in. boring graphically, just plain lame. i could build a better quick dungeon run in a few hours. They need something more than villas in that respect.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

It's not the game's problem you created this problem for yourself by lacking the foresight that if you offline level 45 levels to the top then this would be the issue.

Offline leveling is to help you along the way or bypass some level brackets you don't like maybe, not to rocket to 80. I myself used it only to level 8-9 levels most.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

when is f2p version up? tonight? :)

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Kill some lvl 75 mobs and you will have a nice armor in no time

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by trembulant

Villas suck, they're not even fun or exciting to be in. boring graphically, just plain lame. i could build a better quick dungeon run in a few hours. They need something more than villas in that respect.

You have the Slaughterhouse instance besides the Villas, and now there are 2 more scaling solo dungeons, The Breach and The Forgotten City, that are new with today's patch.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'm surprised there's nothing on the front page about this yet. It's one of the biggest events in MMO's today.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

B-Rad is rad. And so is AoC. Cant wait for all the new goodies. And to the guy who has an 80 and no gear you can buy 80 blues or pvp gear from the new store.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

Originally posted by black_isle

It's not the game's problem you created this problem for yourself by lacking the foresight that if you offline level 45 levels to the top then this would be the issue.

Offline leveling is to help you along the way or bypass some level brackets you don't like maybe, not to rocket to 80. I myself used it only to level 8-9 levels most.

Uh, first of all.  Calm the hell down.

Second of all. I never said it was the game's fault.  I knew what I was doing. I made a conscious decision and if I keep playing the game I'll deal with it myself.

Roar. Rabble rabble rabble.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Originally posted by fatboy21007

ill try it again , but if the high levels are campin the low level dungeons again im out. found it damn near impossible to finish a quest withem their. i love pvp but i like fair pvp not a lvl 25 vs a lvl 5.....lvl 5 will never win ^^

Pvp 1 to 79 will be fun for the f2p, but as soon as you try pvp with level 80 subscribers then you will get your ass handed back to you.

Subs have another tree call 'alternate advancement' and points placed into this will be pawn mode to all f2p.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

so are funcom gonna do a lotro and give some spending points or such back to normal subs,or is this just a strait forward rip off.

pawn mode to all f2p... what does that mean?

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Make sure you all roll a toon on the new "Deathwish" hardcore pvp server. I should be epic fun when it launches.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Can I still play my Ranger, I have other toons, but he's my highest level (79)?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by Malickie

Yes, if you ever subscribed in the past you can play two of any of your old toons - even if they are not one of the F2P classes.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Any characters that you had previously you can play F2P, you can also play in Khitai if you bought it, but you can't access any of the dungeons in that area. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by SalmonMan

Yes, if you ever subscribed in the past you can play two of any of your old toons - even if they are not one of the F2P classes.

Cool, will DL asap then :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

If i use to pay  monthly for this game and have not got the expansions am i only limited to the f2o content and classes?

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by anthonypena

If i use to pay  monthly for this game and have not got the expansions am i only limited to the f2o content and classes?

Hopefully this copies over correctly. Below is the difference in the f2p and premium.

{mod edit - do not paste tables from external sites - it can break the forum. Take a screenshot and post it instead, or link to the info}

Content

Free

Premium

Character Classes

4 available

Full Access

AC:HA Adventure Zones

Full access

Full access

AC:RotG Adventure Zones

(including Faction system)

Gateway to Khitai

Full Access

Dungeons

Non-premium

Full Access

Raids

2 available

Full Access

Sieges

Unavailable

Full Access

Personal Bank Space

50%

Normal

Character Slots

2 (max 18)

8 (max 18)

Guild Renown

Full access

Full access

Alternative Advancement

Unavailable

Full Access

Mount Training

Basic Only

Full Access

Offline Levels

Unavailable

Normal Gain

Veteran Points

Unavailable
  • EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Originally posted by fatboy21007

There is a thing called a PVE server. Roll there. PVP is only in FAIR matches, and bori for the open PVP zone. Then of course sieges.

or level with friends and have a blast. Many times grouping I forget what mission I am doing and just get caught up in the PVP battles.