Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: Open Beta Begins Tonight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

T3 Entertainment has announced that the open beta for Hellgate will officially kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST today. The launch of the open beta will be celebrated with four in-game events.

Hellgate will celebrate the Open Beta launch with four special events to reward and entertain the growing Hellgate community - the Guild Reservoir event, the Daily Supplies event, the To Level in Hell event and the Level and Be Rewarded event, each awarding top players with valuable prizes. Additionally, the Open Beta will feature two new game modes – the PvP Duel Area and the zombie-infested Cow Room. Finally, there is a special prize waiting for everyone upon entering the Hellgate Open Beta today.

Read more about the Hellgate open beta.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

would have been nice to know if they still use the 64 bit part!also if you guys could had video

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by drbaltazar

would have been nice to know if they still use the 64 bit part!also if you guys could had video

I'm just guessing, but this version doesn't even have DX10 as far as i know so it's unlikely to have 64bit support either.

I downloaded the client this morning and will give it a try tomorrow but i'm not too optimistic about the game.

oh it was made in 64 bit ,but i heard some that it was avail in 32 bit also ,since i never played this title i am wondering ,i surte hope they kept it 64 bit ,but then it is no biggy

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

It's cool, but the free part, even of the open beta, is limited.   You have to pay a one-time fee to access content beyond Act 2.   It's not much, but it's not free.  Just sayin'.

• RainyDayBGRainyDayBG Member Posts: 15

This game will fail hard.. again.. I can't believe thath they dropper the f2p at the last moment, instead there will be just.. a demo... - the first 2 acts. RIP Hellgate... again...

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Well here's hoping their open beta goes better than the closed beta, because the closed beta was a train wreck of bugs, poor performance and extreme server instability.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

What ? It will not be F2P ?!?!

Sucks

Anyway, anyone knows how long the beta will last this time ?

Not two days I hope ?

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Is there going to be a player wipe at the end of uopen beta?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by momodig

Is there going to be a player wipe at the end of uopen beta?

Nope, no wipe.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

The ticket is a one time fee of 4 dollars.If you paying 15 dollars or whatever a month for a mmo. You can easy afford 4 freaking dollars. You only play it once thats it and the ticket is tied to the account.

It pretty much buy to play in a way,I glady do it for 4 bucks and for one time, because atleast there not doing the whole Two different accounts thign that flagship did. But on on 4 dollars. a Cost of a sub at subway.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

Forgot to mention its tied to your account for all your characters you make.

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151

Shady company gets no money from me. Doesn't matter if it's $4 or $400. Switching the model at the last moment let's you know that they aren't afraid of screwing you for money. And as far as I can see, little to no communication at all from them about what they are doing or are planning to do.

It doesn't look good for the longevity of the title. I could bet they won't be updating it with much of any content. Just look at their forums, no moderation, no support, no search, no edit, runs like a forum from 15+ years ago. A vBulletin board is better. It's obvious that they are just another crappy f2p company that isn't interested in running a good game, just running a game with the absolute minimum specs and hoping the players aren't bright enough to figure them out and keep shelling out their money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Its not switching model at the last moment.

Did you think because there were no micro transactions in the closed beta that there wouldnt be in the future? thats just silly.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

t3fun isnt shady (name)lol.they do global gaming,this means no silly usa only for this market ,canada this market ,france this market?etc! like i say, aside from asia (since asia alone acount for 2.6 billion or so population)most of the countries will be able to play this .i am a global guy i liker the fact that a big chunk of the web can play together,instead of itemising us like cattle brand

some find it anoying cause if the dude ort dude is in france or whatever,they migfht be plotting your guild demise(exemple:aika)and you will never know it if some dont speak french in your guild.

b ut that is the beauty of this system no need to create a langage for elf,for orc,for dwarf etc user will use their own

i saw this simple thing at work in aika and trust me it get insanelly fun insanelly quick

global gaming is here to stay and will trive ,it is a simple mecanic for game maker and remove a lot of other mecanic they would have to put in place.has for hellgate london ,the pvp part will determine it s futur globally

check wow 4.2 grat daily idea but server is unbalanced so it go from perfect to bad just because of balance issue!

aion showed it can be done ,game maker willing.but often corp lazy their way forward with end that they rarelly like!

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Cant believe the drama on the forums over one time fee of 4$

I guess most are just butthurt kids without access to creditcard...aka people i can game without

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by kishe

Cant believe the drama on the forums over one time fee of 4$

I guess most are just butthurt kids without access to creditcard...aka people i can game without

I approve of this statement. ^^^

• BlackhoundBlackhound Member UncommonPosts: 52

I still remember the original alpha state of the game. I loved it so much and it was nice playing with the original Flagship devs and their families.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

I'm one of the unfortunate souls that bought a lifetime sub for the original. I'm excited this is back and have no problem paying a whopping $4.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

do we pay the 4$ to get into open beta? if so is the item shop online WWW or in the actual game? I have now problem playing 4$ aswell.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

I can't find jack about this game. What have they changed, added, on so on? They have a money shop or anything past this 4$ to make some money? I don't see how anyone could release a game just for 4$. Even Magica was more then that.  They not doing anything for old accounts like APB did?

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Anyone read the announcment for the ticket system?

There will also be a cash shop implemented.....and its not the good kind

1.     Premium Item Sale (Cash Shop)

Cash shops are shops that let you access a wide variety of premium items that may boost your character's performance or enhance the quality of service you can get (buffs, modified exps, etc - depending on which premium service you did apply). Mostly the items in the cash shop

are not dropped by monsters nor sold at NPC Shops.

Not one single mention of cosmetic items, pure powerhouse. Thank god for P2W?

R.I.P hellgate

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Wow people....how naive do you have to be to think they would release this game with all content intact with no big incentive to get you to spend money. I would be more concerned if this wasnt announced, because that would probably mean that item restrictions/level capping/ sever xp reductions would be in place to make you buy stuff from the cash shop. But a 1 time fee of $4 to open up the entire game for all 6 of my potential characters? As long as i dont run into those other things i just mentioned, thats a steal.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

The ticket system for NA is so much better then overseas.  Hella cheap for us.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I played the @#$% out of this game when it was first released. But after playing in the small windows of up time during the closed beta, I realized that the only thing keeping this game alive in my mind was simple nostalgia. Everything about the game is just so weak.

• ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

As far as i know its 4 dollars per ticket.Each ticket is good for one chapter and theres 6 chapters in total.So 24 bucks to play a 5 year old game that failed.Ill spend my money on the steam sale.