Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned, without ANY warning or email stating WHY.

roslyn89roslyn89 Member Posts: 2

My little sister and I have been sharing a wizard101 account for nearly a year now and have NEVER encountered any problems with being muted, suspended, or banned. Today, out of nowhere, my sister tried to log into the game, and a pop up appeared saying that OUR account (the main account) has been banned. I've questioned her numerous times whether or not she has compromised our password or any private information that you are NOT supposed to give out, and she hasn't. Now I'm starting to wonder if we have been falsley reported? Either way, KingsIsle has not sent me any sort of email as to why this all happened, I am just simply "banned". I've done my research and it seems that everyone has their own thoughts about why wizards are banned and if it is temporary. 

Despite the fact that it is my little sister who plays more often then I do, I am extremely upset about this. I have spent probably more than $300 on crowns for her and to see it all disappear in a cloud of dust is extremely unfair, especially because we just don't know why it happened. Numerous people have complained about KingsIsle's poor customer service and how they sometimes ignore your emails. This troubles me even more and I can't help but to wonder if my email will go unanswered as well.

I don't know whether or not this is a temporary ban, but I will be very disappointed if it is, with no warning at all, no prior email, no nothing. I almost feel like it is just all one misunderstanding. Whatever it is, I really do hope they contact me soon. I am not letting this go until I have some sort of answer. This is the first time I have ever been truly let down by this game, because it is something both my sister and I enjoy very much. And all those crowns (money) wasted! Gah, I don't even want to think about that. Please contact me soon KingsIsle so we can fix this.

-Sharon

Comments

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Why don't you try to call there custormer service

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• roslyn89roslyn89 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by syrusmag3

Why don't you try to call there custormer service

Where can I find the phone number? I tried the website, but you have to log in, which I can't, because I have been banned.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Painlezz

{mod edit}

Ya thats the way to go, get your bank P.O.'ed at you too:) (sarcasm)

People throw this around like it is a good idea. Well it is not, and can end up not only costing you extra cash, but also put you in a bad light with your bank,credit/debit, card companies.

Doing this is for FRAUD/THEFT. Not because you are mad at a company.

This i found on-line:

Billing Email Address

If you have any questions or concerns regarding billing, please send an email to: [email protected] .

To ensure we can quickly address your request, please include (if known &/or applicable):

Account Username:

Email address of account:

Card Holder Billing Name:

Last four digits of Credit Card Used (or gift card):

Credit Card Type (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover):

Charge amount & date:

Brief description of request:

NEVER send us:

Your Password

Your full credit card number, expiration dates or Credit Card Security Codes

The more information you provide, the faster we can resolve your issue.

Support Email Address

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: [email protected] .

To ensure we can quickly address your request, please include (if known &/or applicable):

Account Username:

Character Name (if applicable):

As much information about what you encountered as you can:

NEVER send us:

Your Password

Your full credit card information

The more information you provide, the faster we can resolve your issue.

Need to reach us by mail? Our mailing address is KingsIsle Entertainment P.O. Box 82543 Austin, TX 78708

We do not offer phone support.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

So sounds like phone support is out, Good luck.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

{mod edit}

Luck or fraud? What you are suggesting is not a good idea.

The fact you never heard of or played the game probbaly does not make it less reputable.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Roslyn89 I think account sharing is against TOS of the game, one player with one account. If you're connecting to same Wizard101 account from 2 different computers at the same time, they could ban you from that.

But they should send e-mail explaining why they've banned you. I hope you'll get it cleared and your account back.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

{mod edit}

Bad idea as youve heard from above people. And the fact that you havent heard of a game , especially this game doesnt make them unreputable people ... in this case it just makes you unaware. And even if they were unreputable people, the last thing you want to do with people like that over the internet is spark a response especially when you are trying to commit fraud.

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

Accounts are banned for a variety of reasons, which include but are not limited to:

a) suspicious credit card use

b) exchange of personal information 

c) egregious chat violations

If you did not receive an email regarding the ban, it could be one of many reasons.

a) the email address you have associated with the Wizard101 account is invalid

b) the email was sent, however it may have landed in your spam folder

c) if you are using Yahoo or AIM/AOL as your email provider, they will often filter your email for you, and emails from our service are frequently blocked by those providers.

Please, do contact our support team via email. They will need

a) account name (but not, and never, the password)

b) email address associated with the account

c) a brief and preferably polite account of the issue as you see it.

You can also cc that email to [email protected]

We will resolve this together.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

What 's sad is the OP's problem is not an isolated one.  Way too many people report similar situations for it to not be an issue.  Since I personally encountered issues with KI's customer service,  I can speak direclty to the problem.  For the record, don't be aftaid to get your Credit Card company involved.  I did just that and was awared a refund from them.   I felt I was right in my situation.  I provided documentation and as much proof as I could verifying my position.   I never got a good explanation from the Credit Card Company but I did get my money refunded.   Over the past year, I can honestly say I have heard a great many stories regarding less than stellar customer support from KI.  

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Whether you received an email explanation or not, sharing an account is against the rules in most games an is a bannable offense.  In Wizard101 you're explicity warned in the launcher to NOT share your password, but if you're sharing an account then you're obviously doing just that.

If two people are playing, they need to play under separate accounts, have separate payments, etc.. If you don't abide by the rules then you can't complain about adverse action.

• ScabbesrScabbesr Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by roslyn89

My little sister and I have been sharing a wizard101 account for nearly a year now and have NEVER encountered any problems with being muted, suspended, or banned. Today, out of nowhere, my sister tried to log into the game, and a pop up appeared saying that OUR account (the main account) has been banned. I've questioned her numerous times whether or not she has compromised our password or any private information that you are NOT supposed to give out, and she hasn't. Now I'm starting to wonder if we have been falsley reported? Either way, KingsIsle has not sent me any sort of email as to why this all happened, I am just simply "banned". I've done my research and it seems that everyone has their own thoughts about why wizards are banned and if it is temporary. 

Despite the fact that it is my little sister who plays more often then I do, I am extremely upset about this. I have spent probably more than $300 on crowns for her and to see it all disappear in a cloud of dust is extremely unfair, especially because we just don't know why it happened. Numerous people have complained about KingsIsle's poor customer service and how they sometimes ignore your emails. This troubles me even more and I can't help but to wonder if my email will go unanswered as well.

I don't know whether or not this is a temporary ban, but I will be very disappointed if it is, with no warning at all, no prior email, no nothing. I almost feel like it is just all one misunderstanding. Whatever it is, I really do hope they contact me soon. I am not letting this go until I have some sort of answer. This is the first time I have ever been truly let down by this game, because it is something both my sister and I enjoy very much. And all those crowns (money) wasted! Gah, I don't even want to think about that. Please contact me soon KingsIsle so we can fix this.

-Sharon

I may be a bit late but here is what I think.  Being falsley reported won't get you a permanent ban unless there is a reason that is big enough for you to get banned (e.g Hacking.) Now, I don't think either of you are hacking. You can ask your sister if she has ever done anything that has been seen by an Admin to get your account banned, like spam chatting, or excuse use of cursing (if she has regular chat.) I suggest contacting the Adminstration through their website, and finding out why you were banned. 

~Scabbesr.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Scabbesr

-Sharon

I may be a bit late but here is what I think.  Being falsley reported won't get you a permanent ban unless there is a reason that is big enough for you to get banned (e.g Hacking.) Now, I don't think either of you are hacking. You can ask your sister if she has ever done anything that has been seen by an Admin to get your account banned, like spam chatting, or excuse use of cursing (if she has regular chat.) I suggest contacting the Adminstration through their website, and finding out why you were banned. 

~Scabbesr.

Sharing an account, in itself, is a bannable offense.  The login screen says "NEVER share your password - you will lose your wizard forever!" Accounts are free to set up, but the primary reason people share them is so they only have to pay once if they're a subscriber or if they've bought crowns. That's gaming the system and essentially steals money from the company, because it means more than one person is enjoying the benefits of purchased services even though only one person paid for it. 

• tarynhearttarynheart Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Vrika

Roslyn89 I think account sharing is against TOS of the game, one player with one account. If you're connecting to same Wizard101 account from 2 different computers at the same time, they could ban you from that.

But they should send e-mail explaining why they've banned you. I hope you'll get it cleared and your account back.

To this post and all others regarding multiple users on one account being fraud, cheating the system or whatever, I honestly do not think that this is the reason anyone would be banned from this game.  You have the option to create 6 students in the Wizard School of Magic, do you honestly think the company assumes a family that has several people, kids or adults, who want to play this game wont each use one of the 6 slots to create their own wizard? And I think the issue of sharing your password within a family unit for game play wouldnt be an issue unless one person logged in and picked someone elses wizard, sold stuff and the person using that original wizard had no clue and filed a report of missing or lost items that makes KI then do a massive search to find out where these items went only to discover a shared account user sold them, that I have seen in a forum has happened and the person who filed the report wasnt  even banned, even though he shared his account info with a friend not even a family member, but he was muted for 10 years instead of being banned.

Many people I have on my friends list have multiple family users on their account, simply because they cant afford another account, and the sub account added to the family account is not in any way a cheaper option, I did the math because I pay for 2 seperate accounts myself and would pay more doing a monthly sub account for the second account than paying $60 sale price membership fee. 

If you have full open chat, I have read the guidelines and rules, and no where does it say you cant share personal information about yourself if you want to. You are not allowed to extract personal information from someone who is not willing to share their info, example, I met a nice adult like myself who needed help and info, she was a bit older so not familiar much with facebook or good with email. We, during/in the game, exchanged birthdays, phone numbers, addresses, and I sent her some printouts of pet info and game info that was just too lengthy to text chat within the game. We are still active players. 

False reporting will not or should not get you banned, as KI can and so far for me, has gone in and reviewed the chat involved in the report and seen that I did nothing wrong yet the person that reported me was dumb enough to use attempted foul language at me, but I dont know what happened to them.

Most likely reason that the OP has not seen an email regarding this is because it probably went to the spam folder as someone mentioned.  The kid who was muted for 10 years begged in the forum for second chances and reasons why they were muted, and the forum Admin (prospector zeke i believe) informed him that any instance of being banned or muted, you WILL receive an email explanation regarding the situation, so always check your spam folder. But again, I, as well as many others, do not think multiple family members on one account is a violation or reason for getting banned.  Too many people do it, that's most likely why the game originators made us the option of creating 6 students, so families could all play at a more minimal cost. The only drawback to this option is only one person can play at a time, which negates the statement  If you're connecting to same Wizard101 account from 2 different computers at the same time :"::,     sdsljkakjk

as this can't actually happen :) because if the second person logs in from a different computer using same login name and password, first person will get booted from the game with no warning other than a quick note that someone else has logged in to your account. (this I feel is a security issue, the second person should not be able to log into the account if someone else is actively on, what if the second person is a hacker and the first person is original account owner, now a hacker has access to your account to do whatever while you wonder what the heck, possibly take time to file a report then maybe try logging back in to boot the hacker off.

Idk, these are my opinions, but shared by many :)

• MeganFMeganF Member CommonPosts: 3

Originally posted by rhinok

Originally posted by Scabbesr

-Sharon

~Scabbesr.

Sharing an account, in itself, is a bannable offense.  The login screen says "NEVER share your password - you will lose your wizard forever!" Accounts are free to set up, but the primary reason people share them is so they only have to pay once if they're a subscriber or if they've bought crowns. That's gaming the system and essentially steals money from the company, because it means more than one person is enjoying the benefits of purchased services even though only one person paid for it. 

Family members sharing an account is not against TOU for Wizard101.  I have shared an account with my direct family members and sent an e-mail to KI to make sure it was ok.  I received the reply that it was.

People are not banned when they are false reported.  KingsIsle logs everything said in game.  If you whisper a friend it is logged as are public conversations.  When you are reported the logs get checked.  After reading many boards about Wizard101 I have come to the conclusion past misdeeds tend to haunt players.  The vast majority of the time rules have been broken.  Very few players say what they did.

Megan

• HeavyDuty4HeavyDuty4 Member UncommonPosts: 4

This has happened to a few people, enough that it is not just the guilty feigning innocence.

I have yet to see anyone get a good resolution from it.

KI & Customer Service are strange bed fellows....

Actually, more like estranged bed fellows.

• Scott102215Scott102215 Member Posts: 4

"We will resolve this together."

Good luck with that, my experience with Wizard 101 customer service is anything but working together. They were slow to respond, would not escalate, were accusatory and confrontational. For my experience they have the poorest customer serivce I have experienced. I understand this is not the case of all individuals I can only speak of my experience with the organization. My take from my experience is they care very little about the customer. My exchange with them has cost them my future revenue. I like the game, I don't like the organization KingsIsle Entertainment, at least the customer service, if you want to call it that. I have seen other companies over time make this same mistake, if my experience if this is the norm it will cost them more revenue than they can afford in the end.

If they limited the login to one concurrent connection they would not have all this mess and upset customers. 

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Whether you received an email explanation or not, sharing an account is against the rules in most games an is a bannable offense.  In Wizard101 you're explicity warned in the launcher to NOT share your password, but if you're sharing an account then you're obviously doing just that.

If two people are playing, they need to play under separate accounts, have separate payments, etc.. If you don't abide by the rules then you can't complain about adverse action.

Why? Who are they to say he can't let hsi sister play on his account? This is a bunch of BS. He pays for the account adn if he wants to let Charlie Manson play it on the weekends then that is his business.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Why? Who are they to say he can't let hsi sister play on his account? This is a bunch of BS. He pays for the account adn if he wants to let Charlie Manson play it on the weekends then that is his business.

I could not agree more, why would they care. allow only one concurrent connection and your done. If anyone has any idea why the company is pushing this down the consumer's throat it would be nice to know. The only reason I can think of is to increase revenue, you ban an account and the kids goes to his parent and begs and they sign up a different one and pay more money...Thoughts from anyone else on why an organization would want to do this? This is speculation on my part I have no knowledge of any company action in this manner, just attempting to make sense of this mess.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I'd say, in all likelihood your account got hacked.  If you use that account name/password anywhere else, I recommend you change it right away.

I doubt it has anything to do with more than one person in the household using the account, but I'm not 100% on that.

Call CS and they'll be able to tell you.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by HeavyDuty4
    . This has happened to a few people, enough that it is not just the guilty feigning innocence. I have yet to see anyone get a good resolution from it. KI & Customer Service are strange bed fellows.... Actually, more like estranged bed fellows.  . 

What you're saying has no bearing on this particular issue. The number of people who get banned isn't related to the number of those people who are guilty or innocent.

There are millions of people using Wizard 101. It would be surprising if the number of people you have personally seen get or not get resolution had any bearing on the overall effectiveness of Wizard 101's systems.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

This discussion has been closed.