Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

helllgate london reboot now pay to play...

ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

http://forum.t3fun.com/hellgate/general-discussions/faq-ticket-system-1563/#msg/291

What is this ticket system?

- This "ticket" would appear as an in-game item that is available in our premium item mall. By using this, it would allow you to have access to Act3 contents till Abyss.

What are the contents that's included in the ticket package?

-Acts3-5

-Stonehenge

-2nd Attack

-Abyss

How much would that ticket cost?

- No price has been given out yet, but we would make sure that its affordable for every Hellgate player.

I thought Hellgate is Free to play? why would we pay for contents?

- First we would like to apologize for the late announcement, there were certain changes that was made from the original plan. We are sure they have their reasons for doing this. We hope you guys would understand.

Do we have to purchase tickets for every character?

- No, the ticket is good for all 6 characters that you would create in your account. To make things simpler, 1 ticket = 1 account access

Do we have to pay for it monthly or does the ticket have expiration?

- No, the ticket has no expiration and is permanent once the account has been granted access.

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by ciid

http://forum.t3fun.com/hellgate/general-discussions/faq-ticket-system-1563/#msg/291

What is this ticket system?

- This "ticket" would appear as an in-game item that is available in our premium item mall. By using this, it would allow you to have access to Act3 contents till Abyss.

What are the contents that's included in the ticket package?

-Acts3-5

-Stonehenge

-2nd Attack

-Abyss

How much would that ticket cost?

- No price has been given out yet, but we would make sure that its affordable for every Hellgate player.

I thought Hellgate is Free to play? why would we pay for contents?

- First we would like to apologize for the late announcement, there were certain changes that was made from the original plan. We are sure they have their reasons for doing this. We hope you guys would understand.

Do we have to purchase tickets for every character?

- No, the ticket is good for all 6 characters that you would create in your account. To make things simpler, 1 ticket = 1 account access

Do we have to pay for it monthly or does the ticket have expiration?

- No, the ticket has no expiration and is permanent once the account has been granted access.

So looks like you spend a one time fee to access the game with six character slots? Sounds ok provided the fee isn't completely insane.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

So this is looking like Buy to play like GW rather than f2p with an extended free trial. I never played the original but did enjoy the closed beta. So how much is in the free content?

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

sounds like buy to play to me, not pay to play...

unless the ticket thingy has an insane price I see absolutly no problem with it...

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

HOnestly I have no problem paying this one time fee, I imagine it'll help the team and the players plus they deserve it! I cannot wait for this! lovely game.

• ScrangosScrangos Member UncommonPosts: 5

This is rather lame for the folk that already bought the game once... now they want us to buy it again?

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151

My problem with it is not that you have to pay, it's that they have been billing it as F2P, which they were not intending it to be. It's an unlimited trial. Getting through the content they are allowing you to play for free is just a few hours long. Probrably just as much as (maybe less than) you get with a P2P mmo that offers an unlimited trial. They will most likely drop the xp rate to make it take longer of course (they are going to be selling xp boosting items after all).

I feel for the people that bought HG:L, essentially having to buy the same game twice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

• AmeristAmerist Member UncommonPosts: 30

I am thoroughly surprised by this, I've been expecting that the game would go entirely free-to-play. A moderl essentially where the player buys their way into the game didn't jive with everything I head churning out of their marketing.

Although, as a model, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a content-tired system appear yet commonly in free-to-play games. Most of them, especially Korean grinders, appear to survive off item shops and pushing people to get the next most interesting fashion (that fits with currente vents.) Making people pay a small fee to move onto the next tier of content could be another model yet unexplored.

We've sort of seen this make its run in the pay-to-play market with Everquest 2 (all those expansions that cost money.)

I guess I'll see where this goes

I missed the CBT, but I still have the game installed on my hard drive. ξ

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I would most likely to pay the price for it, as back in the old days i was a subscriper(sp?) for HG:L. and to play it once more, oh i cant wait..

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Pay for the ticket once and never have to pay for it again. Sounds pretty good.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Buy once and play forever....

Pay to Win cashshop?

Get screwed over for buying the game, and ending up with a cash shop f2p (TF2)

Which do i choose?

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

I think  this is a great move for this company because there is not many buy to play games that has potional  the only sucessful Buy to play game i know is guild wars so lets hope hell gate london will be the next guild wars for Buy to play sucess

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

My problem is, I already bought the game once and didn't get my money's worth. Certainly not doing that twice. Fool  me once.....yadda yadda.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Senadina

My problem is, I already bought the game once and didn't get my money's worth. Certainly not doing that twice. Fool  me once.....yadda yadda.

Different company now but clearly understand what you mean. If it turns out to be good then I think it would be worth it.

• AmeristAmerist Member UncommonPosts: 30

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Different company now but clearly understand what you mean. If it turns out to be good then I think it would be worth it.

It would be a triumph of customer service if they imported the old register of customers and gave them immidiate premium access. ξ

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by SaintViktor

My feeling exactly. It *is* like buying the game a second time. From the amount of content that I've been able to experience during Closed Beta, this "version" of HellGate seems almost identical to the Hellgate I bought back then (and I still have the box). Perhaps if the game was different enough it'd be a non-issue, but paying for something that's basically the same with minor changes...not too fond of the idea.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Buy to play is fine with me. I'd prefer it any day. For those who are complaining because they paid $50 for it on Halloween 2007 too bad. I paid $50 right along with the rest of you and I even paid $10/mo for a few months to sub it. Are we really going to complain about $50 a full 3 years and 9 months later? Kind of childish if you ask me.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

AS long as its 15 bucks or less I will pay the fee once i see the game is stable and fairly bug free.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Nethermancer

AS long as its 15 bucks or less I will pay the fee once i see the game is stable and fairly bug free.

Its not really that childish.  Its getting charged twice regardless of how long ago it was.  I was one of the few that bought the game a while back as well and I'm not likely to buy it again if its the exact same game.  If they show that its improved with more stuff than I paid for before and the price is right then I'll consider it.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

100% agree... I purchased this game back in the day.  I will not PAY another company again to get the same garbage again.  It failed horribly for a reason, it wasn't very good.  It would take massive changes to be decent.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

During the closed beta the game felt shakier and rougher than I remember the original being. I wasn't that interested in it after the closed beta, even less now.

Hopefully the open beta goes (a lot) smoother than the closed beta.

• OgdinOgdin Member UncommonPosts: 17

Ya i'd pay 15 or less but never pay 50 for it again no matter how many changes they made.

If your on the side that likes it great. If your on the side that doesn't,thats great.If your on the side that will argue til your face turns blue about pointless this or that comparisons,you've come to the right gaming site.