Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't see how anyone can actually support this game

mordaki987mordaki987 Member UncommonPosts: 36

I honestly don't see how anyone can support this game.  its now in open beta and aeriagames still has not unlocked any of the playable races or in game content that should have been available fromt he get go in both closed beta and now in open beta.  they have done nothing but tick me off big time by limiting its players and player database to playing humans.  they won't even have the first of the 8 playable races available till July 27th.  I'm sorry but that is way too damn far away for my liking.  so consider this at least for this particular mmorpg from me rated at -4.5 just for the lack of aeriagames getting off of their fat four letter expletive and unlocking all in game content and playable races

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

IMO, it's a fun game and nice diversion from the other games I play. I didn't know there were going to be other races, so I'm interested in what they will be. Do you have links to info on the other races that will cme out during and after release?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mordaki987mordaki987 Member UncommonPosts: 36

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1137035 and as far as when they are being brought into the game your guess is good as mine.  its why i'm so pissed.  this four letter expletive should already be in the game.  anyway have fun with it but don't say i didn't warn you.  i'm done with this game as far as i'm friggen concerned unless aeriagames does a complete 360 this game and its player database are dead mmorpg waiting to happen due to the as i stated simple fact that all of the playable races and in game content should of been available from the start of both closed and open beta.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

I'm in the game, i've a level 21 bard (i did 21 levels in few hours) and it's damning funny. Damn hell, it's years that i neber play a so funny (and brainless) MMO. Yes, it's cool, well done and... i tell you that's funny?

• ElgrumPirateElgrumPirate Member UncommonPosts: 52

Some more stats about other races:
    http://wiki.aeriagames.com/edeneternal/index.php?title=Races
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1159067

It is still beta (testing phase), so no need to put all content in game, but at least few choices would be very nice from start. Too bad, at start of OB was available only one human race.

• ElgrumPirateElgrumPirate Member UncommonPosts: 52

I doubt it help much, some may return for short time to see new races, but is not that much difference (races have different look and stats, but quests are the same for all, so repeating with new char will be very boring). Players are already leaving EE (is easy to grind fast to max level, but than there is nothing interesting to do in game - no good pvp, no challenging instances) and simply adding new race will not be much difference in gameplay. Something more is needed to keep or raise playerbase.

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Just so you know, I think only 2 of the eventual playable races (Zumi and the Frogs) are out in the TW version of the game. This has nothing to do with Aeria games being lazy, this has evrything to do with the Developers X-Legend (or w/e) still making the content.

You should probably research these things before posting, check the official EE forums - there's plenty of info there.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by mordaki987

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1137035 and as far as when they are being brought into the game your guess is good as mine.  its why i'm so pissed.  this four letter expletive should already be in the game.  anyway have fun with it but don't say i didn't warn you.  i'm done with this game as far as i'm friggen concerned unless aeriagames does a complete 360 this game and its player database are dead mmorpg waiting to happen due to the as i stated simple fact that all of the playable races and in game content should of been available from the start of both closed and open beta.

Its a OPEN BETA..... The only time they should make sure all launch content is available is the ACTUAL LAUNCH. You are TESTING the game, albiet an almost complete game.

Most MMOs arent even released this complete these days, and while new races are always nice for fluff, I would rather they got the dungeon finder and battlegrounds up and running first before the offical launch.

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by evilastro

Its a OPEN BETA..... The only time they should make sure all launch content is available is the ACTUAL LAUNCH. You are TESTING the game, albiet an almost complete game.

Most MMOs arent even released this complete these days, and while new races are always nice for fluff, I would rather they got the dungeon finder and battlegrounds up and running first before the offical launch.

Excuse me? Isnt the meaning of a beta to test stuff? So they have 7 out of the 8 races not tested in beta... That's not very positive you know. 

And their cash shop. Is it already open? It seemed to me that it is, and thats quite strange too, concidering that it is in a TESTING phase. So people are quite litterally paying to beta in a free to play game. How hillarious is that?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by Mimzel

Excuse me? Isnt the meaning of a beta to test stuff? So they have 7 out of the 8 races not tested in beta... That's not very positive you know. 

And their cash shop. Is it already open? It seemed to me that it is, and thats quite strange too, concidering that it is in a TESTING phase. So people are quite litterally paying to beta in a free to play game. How hillarious is that?

The game makes no claim to have 8 races in any of the media, it has Humans listed as 'Current Races' and the rest are 'NPCs or Unreleased'. The Eastern version of the game currently has the Zumi (mouse) and the Anuran (frog) and the character creation screen only has 4 more slots for new races.

None of this makes any difference, they will be released when they are ready. Its a free to play game and they made no promises to release x amount of races during open beta or at the official launch. The game is very well polished for a beta, and I think its a bit lame to be crying over unreleased races in a free game.

As for the cash shop, its no more rediculous than people pre-ordering P2P games to secure a beta slot where the characters gets wiped. At least they arent wiping characters from this open beta so you can keep whatever you spent.

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Hmm so what you are saying is that F2P games are lesser games than other games we play? So we shouldnt expect so much from them, eh? Well, I would agree except our genre is now littered with F2P games, so we dont really have an option but to critize them for the games they actually are. I dont care what business model they are - it's what games they are that count, right? 

And I wouldnt compare it to pre-order. When you pre-order you pay for a game that will be released. You pay for the released product. Charging money during beta is very strange, if not simply rude, imo.

• dreamocracydreamocracy Member Posts: 1

If they release everything all at once, players would get bored. 

It seems to be following a similar release schedule as the TW version. Patience is a virtue!

The game is in its infant stages, so don't judge it too harshly when it hasn't been open very long.

• monkeydgarpmonkeydgarp Member Posts: 1

hahahahaah! i know some games dont appeal to people but saying "i dont see how anyone can play this game" seems a bit to retarded in my opinion.

If you don't like the game don't play it. 

No one cares about what you think considering their already playing the next RANK 1 F2P game.

I said it, this game will be the next Maplestory. 

Maplestory as in the actual game? No.

Maplestory as in it was the most popularist F2P mmorpg.

Eden will be next.

Got a problem with it? 

well to bad, theres nothing you can do about it.

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114

Aeriagames have never been known for their above board business practices.

Not surprising to see they are charging people in a beta. They are notorious for  overcharging, "forgetting"  to return missing points, ingoring you when you are missing points and pretending to be  good customer service when they just ignore all the cheating and problems people bring to them.

I honestly think they are the worst f2p company out there. Other companies are bad because they hire incompetent staff, Aeria are bad because they are shady in how they do things.

The sooner you learn to stay away from their games, the better.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

A new class and a new race are or will be aviable in Taiwan, imho we must waiit for autumn to see them.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by evilastro

I have to agree (on the cash shop thing). I think they're milking money from beta testing a game that MAY never be released in full.  It's not like they're under any contract with the gamers playing it to release it, but they can certainly make some money off of them in the meantime.  Nah, it's not for me.  Just my opinion, but these points are what has kept me away from the game.  I'd love to "give it a go" but not under current circumstances.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• xlr8spdxlr8spd Member Posts: 13

Aeria games has allot more games than just Eden Eternal. They have allot of stuff to do and they are trying to fit in Eden Eternal as much as they can. Now atm the lvl cap is lvl 55, the zumi race is out(mouse), warlock is out, territory wars are out, and so is 3v3 pvp. You can't hate a game just because it's still in beta. Just be patient. It's a great game.

MMORPGs FTW

• xlr8spdxlr8spd Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Hmm so what you are saying is that F2P games are lesser games than other games we play? So we shouldnt expect so much from them, eh? Well, I would agree except our genre is now littered with F2P games, so we dont really have an option but to critize them for the games they actually are. I dont care what business model they are - it's what games they are that count, right? 

And I wouldnt compare it to pre-order. When you pre-order you pay for a game that will be released. You pay for the released product. Charging money during beta is very strange, if not simply rude, imo.

I absolutely agree here.  F2P games don't get an easy pass wtih me due to their business model.

For me, once a game starts charging me a monthly fee (P2P) and my subscription clock is ticking or the cash shop (F2P) starts taking my money then I consider it out of beta no matter what tag the publisher wants to label it with.  If they're serious about the beta tag then I'm not giving money for content that isn't finalized.

The two legitimate betas I've been involved with (Turbine's LotRO and SoE's EQ2X) have given me game cash that I could use to try things out.  Turbine runs a completely separate beta server for this. SoE had a wipe date with EQ2X after which they took Station Cash as the game transitioned from beta to live status.

This game and company sound too shady for me to want any involvement with.

It is finalized, closed beta was just for testing, the lvl cap was 40 in closed beta, in closed beta there was a character wipe. In open beta there isnt going to be a character wipe, open beta seems to mean: Work in proggress. NOT testing. The GMs do the testing....

MMORPGs FTW

• SilenttankSilenttank Member Posts: 18

I think everyone's getting the wrong idea about how the cash shop works in Eden Eternal. It's not one bit required, infact you don't have to spend a  penny to be anywhere near the top level players since cash shop gear isn't even available besides "twink" gear that levels up with you, but that's still not as good as the gear you'll get late game. The cash shop is mainly for fashion or boosts and bundles that you can spend to make your game experience a little more fun or sped up, which I believe ends up being the most succesful cash shops in F2P mmo's. It's a great game so far I'm having a lot of fun with it, it deserves a try.