Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Eternal and PVP?

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I know there is consensual duels ..But is there any other form of pvp in this game?

Comments

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

They plan on having a good variety of PvP yeah, you can't quote me on what kind, but I've heard 3v3s, maybe 5v5s, and battlegrounds will be implemented.

• Martin.SMartin.S Member Posts: 3

Just heard of this new MMORPG, Eden Eternal. It looks like mapple story.

how many levels it have? and what is the fun in it?

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Well, your guild can build player-owned towns. In the trailer it showed the town being attacked by what appeared to be other players right after they built it...which I imagine hints at the ability to raid player towns :D

They probably looked like monsters the first time you saw it (if you did see it) but once you know that the races that are soon to be implimented consist of animal-people(lizard men, bear men, etc), they look like players. 

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Martin.S

Just heard of this new MMORPG, Eden Eternal. It looks like mapple story.

how many levels it have? and what is the fun in it?

I've just started playing(level 10), but it seems like it might be the best F2P MMO I've ever played xD

In dungeons, things sneak up on you and attack the back of the party(which is very often your ranged damage dealers and your healer! xD) and it fights like Dragon Age: Origins! :D

The main feature in my mind is the fact that you can build player-owned cities and, apparently, defend them from other guilds.

It has story quests that I thought were very fun, and the story isn't bad at all from what I've seen.

It doesn't seem very solo-friendly(the second instance I got to in the story quest would have been impossible to solo without grinding for a long while), but that's a good thing in my opinion. It was very easy to get a party, since everyone else needed a party too :D

I also saw a lot of higher-level people offering help, which was very nice. It gave me the same feeling Everquest: Online Adventures for the PS2 did :D

You probably already know about the more advertised features, like being able to change your class on the spot at any time (each class that you've unlocked levels up seperately....and you also have a "character level" that seems to carry over to all classes....and there are a lot of classes), but if you haven't, I'll let you look into those yourself. 

• ElgrumPirateElgrumPirate Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by Feverfew
    The main feature in my mind is the fact that you can build player-owned cities and, apparently, defend them from other guilds.

Guild-owned cities cannot be attacked at all. Is just place to visit.

You probably already know about the more advertised features, like being able to change your class on the spot at any time

One more thing, which is not as good in game as it was advertised. Cannot change class when in combat, which can be very limited sometimes, for example if tank or healer dies while fighting boss, other party member cannot change class to replace them, must end combat and restart later.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by ElgrumPirate

Guild-owned cities cannot be attacked at all. Is just place to visit.

You probably already know about the more advertised features, like being able to change your class on the spot at any time

One more thing, which is not as good in game as it was advertised. Cannot change class when in combat, which can be very limited sometimes, for example if tank or healer dies while fighting boss, other party member cannot change class to replace them, must end combat and restart later.

Any MMO which would allow you to switch classes mid-fight would be an epic fail.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Opps, double post. 
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Well, your guild can build player-owned towns. In the trailer it showed the town being attacked by what appeared to be other players right after they built it...which I imagine hints at the ability to raid player towns :D

They probably looked like monsters the first time you saw it (if you did see it) but once you know that the races that are soon to be implimented consist of animal-people(lizard men, bear men, etc), they look like players. 

I don't believe this to be true. Everything I have read points towards no open world PVP, only duels and Battlegrounds.

Need to know if you can help me out with a claim. It's an Assurant reopen for Greg. It's a fire in Oxon Hill, MD. Greg wrote up about $77K or so and the contractor is thinking it's going to be twice as much. Although I don't think he has completed an estimate yet. You would just need to get with the contractor to re-inspect and attempt an agreed. Contractor seems really decent. I'm working three large fires right now and I'm having a hard time fitting this one in, as I'm on the Eastern shore twice a week. Please let me know if you can handle and I'll let Mike know, it's in Oxon Hill, MD. 

Need to know if you can help me out with a claim. It's an Assurant reopen for Greg. It's a fire in Oxon Hill, MD. Greg wrote up about $77K or so and the contractor is thinking it's going to be twice as much. Although I don't think he has completed an estimate yet. You would just need to get with the contractor to re-inspect and attempt an agreed. Contractor seems really decent. I'm working three large fires right now and I'm having a hard time fitting this one in, as I'm on the Eastern shore twice a week. Please let me know if you can handle and I'll let Mike know, it's in Oxon Hill, MD.