Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is everyone

vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

Why is no one playing, even Xsyon had people in it the 2nd day of launch and that is just a horrible game.

2nd day into launch and what seems to be the most populated server for the U.S. only has 46 people on it.   How do I know this, I did a search ingame . Yes, I understand that the search function only shows 30 or 35 people on it. Yes, I did do each class and no the search did not show 30 or 35 people when I did each class. It showed 16 here, 5 there, 7 up over there.... ect to a count of 46..  I did a search last night, the same way..  it had about the same amount of people..  Now I understand that there are 2 servers for the U.S. and I did pick what seems to be the most populated server, but 50 players on one server on the 2nd day is sad.

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

most peeps are high lvl atm,way out of starter areas,game is,nt released in EU for a couple of days.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I played both open and closed beta.  After my experience there is no way I would pay for this game and also pay a subscription.  This game is ok, fun at times but not worth what they are asking.  Apparently I am not the only one who feels this way.  This game has a very casual feel with very limited content now.  Once I max level, then what?  Problem is that will happen very quickly.  While I appreciate that this is not the typical fantasy MMO, it still has a way to go before it can justify the money they want to play the game.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

When i played the open beta a search reveled no more than 15 people playing when i was.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by Beachcomber

When i played the open beta a search reveled no more than 15 people playing when i was.

Searches never find a lot of people.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

A lot of people had issues yesterday with there system not allowing them on, my last count at midnight put 137 online and 73 from Mars and 54 from Bar with 10 from Euro still on(it launches Thursday).

Give it a few days to hit shelves and I feel those numbers will no doubt reach a much larger number.  Now if I would only take into account unique players during these times could I get a better number of the player base.  But if you go off there registered forums, it has increased by around 200 the last two days. 

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Searches never find a lot of people.

Searches will find every player as long as you seperate them by level range and class with ease.  Just a matter of counting lines. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I played this game in closed beta and thought it was pretty cool. If it had come out 5 years ago as originally planned, it would have been pretty ground breaking. However, it's coming out now with more competition and a lot of that competition is free or very low cost. Not only that, the environment isn't medieval fantasy...which isn't bad at all, it's good; but it's not necessarily popular.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

Originally posted by kilun

A lot of people had issues yesterday with there system not allowing them on, my last count at midnight put 137 online and 73 from Mars and 54 from Bar with 10 from Euro still on(it launches Thursday).

Thats my point...  73 people on one server..  54 on another server..  it's a waste land on both servers..  Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed playing the game. I'm just amazed that the numbers on the servers are so low when I've seen higher numbers (5x) on far worse mmo's at 2nd day of launch.. Did someone screw up in marketing over in HI???

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by vectrexevo

Thats my point...  73 people on one server..  54 on another server..  it's a waste land on both servers..  Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed playing the game. I'm just amazed that the numbers on the servers are so low when I've seen higher numbers (5x) on far worse mmo's at 2nd day of launch.. Did someone screw up in marketing over in HI???

There will be plenty more than the number he got from searching. With 122,000 likes on facebook that just wouldn't add up. 

A simple search will never give you solid numbers. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well, there's probably a number of contributing factors, not the least being game already failed the first time around, and got sold off and re-released by new owners, how admidttedly did little to improve on what they bough, but rather just polished it up and got it out the door to generate revenue.

An employee (or moderator) for the new firm has posted from time to time that they have big plans for the game in the future, perhaps most people are taking a wait and see approach.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

short answer cause the game is boring and the lack of stuff in it as a pay model is a joke

the devs have big things planned is the oldest line in the mmo world

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by vectrexevo

There will be plenty more than the number he got from searching. With 122,000 likes on facebook that just wouldn't add up. 

A simple search will never give you solid numbers. 

Any particular logic behind your statement?  I mean, do you think the developers throttle searches to prevent people from finding each other?

In most things in life, the simple explaination is usually the most logical, if searches are showing a low population, there probably aren't many people on line.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

I went to my gamestop today and the guy said he didn't even know the game after looking it up said noone in my area had any and was because noone pre-ordered it.. that is a little over 3 driving hours from a major city , no way i will mess with a game most people have never heard of will not last long before servers close and out of business sign is up.  looked fun though

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I think most people expect this game to go free to play at some point in the next year or so and quite frankly are suprised its been released as a pay to play game . I had a look at this game in its beta it seam ok to me not great not awful just pretty much standard fare . I like the setting but theres loads of free to play games that do what this does equally as well and better .

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

When a game vaporizes mid-development (regardless of the reason) it creates a little bit of infamy.. To bring said game and charge full box as well as sub fee was probably the ballsy path to take. Especially with the industry the way it is now, with F2P starting to show some muscle and actually make some money for people (remember that little game Runes of Magic? I seen a boxed copy in Gamestop.. It started off as a simple little downloadable F2P) , there was almost no way they would break in with Rift still pulling some in..

I think if you are P2P, you are either playing WoW, Rift or EvE mainly, sadly this game just picked the wrong sector..

Even if G1 is supposed "money hungry", they ressurected a game that didn't even last a month and are actually benefiting from it as a F2P game..

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I have to admit. This game interests me, but it seems like a HUGE gamble for me to pay $50 to try. I just got burned buying Rift and being bored with it after a day. So i'm still playing WoW not really looking to shell out more cash hoping its good.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

When Star Wars old republic comes out, your money will be well spent, unless you don't like Star Wars.

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by Fendel84M

I have to admit. This game interests me, but it seems like a HUGE gamble for me to pay $50 to try. I just got burned buying Rift and being bored with it after a day.

This almost exactly. A 50$ buy-in with a premium subscription fee feels rather outdated, or at the very least unwise for an unestablished IP. They would do better to cut the initial cost by at least half if they want to boost their numbers some. 

Here's hoping for a free trial soon.

Clever things.

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

It is true perhaps. Gamers tend to give games one chance with releases...hopefully that doesn't apply to developement cycles. In some sense, I think it may though.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by Delondial

Originally posted by Fendel84M

I have to admit. This game interests me, but it seems like a HUGE gamble for me to pay $50 to try. I just got burned buying Rift and being bored with it after a day.

This almost exactly. A 50$ buy-in with a premium subscription fee feels rather outdated, or at the very least unwise for an unestablished IP. They would do better to cut the initial cost by at least half if they want to boost their numbers some. 

Here's hoping for a free trial soon.

$50 is only the box game.  The downloaded versions (D2D or Steam) are $40.  Along with that, a monthly sub is $10 rather than the normal $15.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by ghaleonx128

It is true perhaps. Gamers tend to give games one chance with releases...hopefully that doesn't apply to developement cycles. In some sense, I think it may though.

I just started G&H yesterday, and I am overall impressed.  It does have bugs (mainly graphical glitches).  But, what mmorpg doesn't have hicups at launch?   Out of all the mmorpgs I've played when they launched, Rift came the closest.  But, it still had some issues with crashes and and bugs.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

If the original beta is any indication of what this game is like, I'm not surprized.  In fact, I was shocked it got picked back up. 

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

I think the idea of minions, the crux of the game, would have been suited better to a different IP. A fantasy setting would have been much better imo where you could have tons of different types of minions/pets you could recruit, instead of just humans/humanoids....unless they have others? I always thought how cool it'd be if you could recuit different factions like you see in WoW...mmm Sporeggar. But that's neither here nor there.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

They're off playing something more interesting until the inevitable f2p conversion :P

I couldn't even finish the beta test, it just didn't have any redeeming qualities for me besides the roman theme, but even that wasn't pushed as much as it could have been. When I saw Rome, I was hoping for something more raw and visceral. The mini-legions is cute but gimmicky, there's nothing done there that couldn't be done just by increasing the power of the actual player and ditching the legion aspect entirely. I did like being able to level them though, that was fun, I just think they're shallow as they are and need something more.

If you enjoy the game more power to you, but it doesn't seem to be hitting the right notes for a lot of people, and the searches are probably showing you just that.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I beleive at higher levels you can reruit myth minions like minotaurs and such.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Yeah well, it may be an old and overused saying but.... If you dont play it very long, you really dont have much to stand on with the comments here. Y'all can do the usual I guess, thats your right, jump up and down, make assumptions, believe crap that others say as gospel, but it still stands true. Like the guy who says it nothing new, but he lasted only a couple days in BETA for Gods sake. Thats like going to the shoe store, trying on only the left shoe and saying they suck without even trying to walk in them. Yeah, they may truely not be your style of shoe, but they may have sold a million pair of those to people all around the world that actually like them. And everyone here should take that point to heart. Just because Joe doesn't like the katsup on his hotdog doesn't mean you wont too. I mean afterall, Joe might just be a real Dick who doesn't like anything on his hotdog.

I'm sure Gods and Heroes will be coming out with a free trial period somewhere after launch, try it then and decide for yourself. Any comments your going to get now are from ex-BETA players and the few of us that pre-ordered. Me, I am enjoying every minute I can get in this game, it really is a great game once you take more than an hour to try it out and write your 'review'.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)