Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Eternal - Is it good?

AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

I've been searching a couple MMORPG sites and I have actually been seeing good reviews about this game. Anyone high level in this game and can fill me in on your thoughts?

Comments

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I thought it was absolutely great for the first 20 levels. After that the repetative quest grinding was a bit much.

• MonfangMonfang Member Posts: 48

The game is still in Open Beta so the end game items are there, only one race, level cap keeps the later classes unavalible so don't expect much right at this moment. You can go ahead and join the game to get your feet wet but if you want divisersity, this isn't the game for it right now.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I like it, though I don't play it that often. After trying all the more action-oriented games out, the typical quest grind has started to feel dull and tedious, but it's still a good game to go back to when I want some more traditional fun. The thing that I enjoy is the class system, being able to be anything, any time, is really helpful. You'll basically never have trouble finding a team for dungeons, just switch to whatever class they need more of. By the same token you need to make sure you're prepared for that, as you still have to level classes separately; you'll be of no use if you're level 50 but switch to Warrior, which you never leveled and is only level 1.

But that's part of the fun for me, being able to level all the classes on one character. The dungeons can be challenging, very hectic, even with healers, so those will keep you on your feet. Otherwise it's a typical themepark MMO with anime graphics, though it hands-down is the best cel-shaded game available. If you like quest-based leveling, give it a go. F2P and the item mall doesn't sell items or stat-altering things to massively overpower big spenders, so you dont lose much if you play it, hate it and uninstall it 5 minutes later.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

well, from what i heard, it's a decent f2p due to the fact that the item mall does not offer something that will big spenders godlike

like the above poster said, i am downloading the game myself, hopefully it will be good cover up until GW2 =D

So What Now?

• SeinaruSeinaru Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 109

It's one of the better games in its genre (f2p Asian grinders). I'd say check it out if it interests you.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Originally posted by Seinaru

It's one of the better games in its genre (f2p Asian grinders). I'd say check it out if it interests you.

That sounds nice, maybe i'll watch some youtube videos about it, i heard of it i just thought it was another flyff type game.The type of game with generic classes that just grind all the time for 0.0003 xp per kill that looks like ti uses the game engine flyff uses.

OMG i just watched a video and someone was fighting a mudroom it looked just like a place i was in flyFF the GUI kinda looks just like flyff, whats the difference between eden eternal and flyff?

Oh and i wasn't tryign to be sarcastic i had just seen a screenshot or an ad and assumed it was liek the other flyff clones. but now from watchign a random youtube gameplay video it seems even more likely.

Is it better than FlyFF and if so how?

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• MonfangMonfang Member Posts: 48

I have never played Flyff so I can't give a real answer, but trust me. You only grind if you want to. If you stick to one class, you'll be able to have more class XP than Character XP and after that, you'll always be above the required level for quests. So don't worry about low XP amounts.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I'd stay away from EE the entire game was a dull boring and repetive experence to me. To the point I fell asleep. Only unique thing might be the class system but later on the class leveling becomes such a grind that you really have to stick to one. Here is generally how the game plays, get quest, right click for auto pathing kill mob get item etc go back, repeat ever single zone the entire game with 0 variation. usually is 2-4 storyline series. but each is the same few quests killing random junk then a dungeon quest.

At first I liked the game but once I hit lv 20-25 the game started getting horrendously boring due to the game never having any variation what so ever to it. There also is nothing to do in the game except grind mobs or quest, the crafting sucks, and costs a fortune and on higher leveling items you'll fail 60-70% of the time losing hundreds of gold. I'm lv 37 almost 38 in the game, and I just sort of stoped due to how boring it is. There also is nothing to do once your max level either.

Game devs really need to stop producing this generic garbage they are calling a game. Its been like this since wow came out, devs don't try anymore, and now its also gone to pc games, look at dragon age 1 then 2, 2 is horribly dumbed down and had most of the depth of the game ripped out, same for dungeon siege 3, FEAR 3 also was a total letdown compared to the last two.

Give it a try if you wish, but be warned its about as boring and generic as you can get for a mmorpg.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

It is awesome ´t ill lv 35, at least for a free to play, and the quests, if you bother to read them and collect all the clues, have plots and subplots, sort of a light version of wow´s cataclysm 1 to 60 lvling, which i found to be very fun to complete .

But then at lv 35 it´s true face shows and it becomes a party grinder like the old style crappy quality mmo´s .

Rawr.

• PingmeisterPingmeister Member Posts: 51
    EDIT: my post format is all messed up. Sorry for the wall of text.

Am enjoying my time in the game right now. I love the look and the combat is fun (although nothing new).

Before I get to the negatives I want to suggest that you try it. It's pretty fun and is very solid.

My negatives:

----------zones very claustrophobic. Zones are small with a dozen or so quests each. Zones end with portals to next zone so each zone is walled in, making them even more claustrophobic.

----------terrain has invisible walls. You cannot jump down a hill. There is an invisible fence holding you back.

-----------no swimming. Water is invisible-fenced out except for shallow walkways

-----------zones are quest-centric. Two types of mobs over here for one quest. Two types over here for another and two over there for another. Like the mob locations were painted on in a zone-making utility