Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6/12/2011 Darkfall population based on Clans - NA1

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

I am pulling these numbers from www.darkfallinfo.com which pulls from http://app001.us1.darkfallonline.com (with rules he sets to weed out some of the pop).  His numbers are lower than real clan population.  Non-clan players should double clan totals.  I have run around human area to get an idea of how many people there are and have seen 14 individual players that are not in a clan and 4 in a clan at 4 AM est on the North American server.

Clans (info page)

Active / Total

Clans: 256 / 317

Players in Clans: 3396 / 3418

Top 5 Clans by pop (info page)

The Shadow Legionnaires 89

The Empire 88

Ruff Knights 87

Dominion 87

Battle Saints 87

Top 5 Clans by pop (Darkfall official)

The Empire 94

The Shadow Legionnaires 91

Ruff Knights 88

Dominion 87

Battle Saints 84

Total Clans (Darkfall official): 481

I can't find my old posts about population however these numbers are higher than them.  Was around a 2k clan population.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

This took some digging.  My old post numbers:

7/18/2009 - 107 clans, 2091 players

PS: Looking at 100+ pages worth of posts there are a ton of "I love darkfall" type posts.  A lot more than I expected.

Edit: Just to toss in a random number, the highest pop WoW PvP server (I think this number counts characters, not players): Kil'Jaeden 26,005

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

You want something fairly close to actual numbers use this.

http://darkfallinfo.com/pmap/index.php?mapserver=us1&page=clans

Then take that and count the actives and leave out the inactives. Then divide by .75.

Actually the actives shown are incorrect. Krush needs to fix it. It is showing everyone as 100% active.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by AllSeeingGuy

Actually the actives shown are incorrect. Krush needs to fix it. It is showing everyone as 100% active.

They'd be somewhat accurate I think. Since AV introduced the patch regarding player inactivity, several clans have been removed entirely.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

can you please present how the EU server is according the same method? thanks.

Originally posted by sodade21

can you please present how the EU server is according the same method? thanks.

Dakfal info numbers:

Clans: 118 / 185

Players in Clans: 1323 / 2797

Top 5 dby Darkfall info page:

SUN 149

The Horde 115

Liandri Recruitment Agency 96

Pandora 73

Lux Arcana 71

I have no active EU account so I can not post offical numbers from http://app001.eu1.darkfallonline.com/sf/fwd

As a side note.  The NA server numbers is about the same or better than a healthy WoW PVP server.  However the Darkfall Map is about 6x larger than WoW's map(s) so the numbers still need to grow to be active (as in you get pk'ed everywhere you go since there are no instances).  Population could be considered healthy right now as you can hide in less popular places.  New players or people just wanting to make enough gold to buy stuff don't need to be killed every 5 minutes, right?

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Ouch; these are low numbers. It becomes even worse when you know alot of people have 2 or 3 accounts as well...

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Thanks for the info about the EU numbers.

I dont know how the population on player cities is atm but last night i was in a npc city with 9 other people doing stuff till 8am when i decided to go to sleep. i cant say this is so regular but in this city i see always more than 4-5 people all the day. thats more than the 1-2 i used to see 6 months ago in a whole day in the same areas while we waited a patch...well actually we always waiting for a patch :P

Hope it goes better cause the game is really worthy and that living amazing world its  definitely the best i have seen..

• painilypainily Member Posts: 2

@chrisel: The mechanic to track and count the active players is not able to track alt accounts, because most of the time they don't have alignment changes, don't post into the chat and won't change the clan.

So far

btw most of us in the NPC Cities are unclaned for obvious reasons..cause we like to craft in peace without enemy clan being able to kill us just because they can..i believe this is the biggest flaw in the game...everyone can kill anyone for no real reason...and without real con....

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

They'd be somewhat accurate I think. Since AV introduced the patch regarding player inactivity, several clans have been removed entirely.

You are wrong , I have 2 accounts 1 current and the other unsubbed. Both characters are showing active when both are not. I only use the current sub to log in every 3-4 days to buy med points.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

You are wrong , I have 2 accounts 1 current and the other unsubbed. Both characters are showing active when both are not. I only use the current sub to log in every 3-4 days to buy med points.

So the numbers of active accounts is lower than these reports... Too bad this game is going throug a slow death; it is a gem and has lots of potential. It is just that the dev's are not able to improve it fast enough before people leave. The day it is up to date, I am sure there are other games as better options unfortunately.

The day grind is hugely decreased, I will definately return.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• painilypainily Member Posts: 2

Just checked our clan actives/inactives and found out that that at least 30% of the inactives are actually active. Of course I can't check if the actives are actually active. The number shown is actually lower, not higher than the actually player number. You may wanna read what I and somebody else posted.

So far

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Darkfallinfo is incorrect, it shows actives as inactive and vice versa, but activity is probably at it's lowest since the game was launched, mainly due to AV and of course certain clans that abuse the broken mechanics.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

btw most of us in the NPC Cities are unclaned for obvious reasons..cause we like to craft in peace without enemy clan being able to kill us just because they can..i believe this is the biggest flaw in the game...everyone can kill anyone for no real reason...and without real con....

Unfortionately the allignment system is complete trash lol. In DFO good and evil literally has no meaning

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by Ethian

Unfortionately the allignment system is complete trash lol. In DFO good and evil literally has no meaning

exactly..and if you think about it...everyone in this nitche game is looking for pvp..they want to be bad and evil... thats why whatever aventurine will come up with wont bother them of being evil...

Its kinda like real world.. if you could do a murder or a robbery without absolutely no consenquences then u propably would it sometimes...

Over a thousand player increase in clanned players is a growth.  Even if its over a 2 year period.  I don't know what everyone is smoking but I want some!  Plenty of activity in the game.  Stop hugging newbie city towers.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Ethian

Players base should make up rules not game so alignment is bullshit system and should be removed make game all red no towers lets get the ANTI vs RPK back like on Darktide:)

Or make alignment so we dont have these damn arac clans and get as lore describes races wars!

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I know current DF players dont want to hear it but if AV ever released a PvE Server with PvP areas ( something like Emain from DAoC but with player castles and seiges ) the game would grow considerably. I used to think DF had ~20k subs but from these numbers there probably arent even 10k subs and that will barely pay the bills + what workers they have with little left over to put on improving the games tech / systems.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

As said with a small player base it will only be a matter of time before this game goes F2p

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by syrusmag3

As said with a small player base it will only be a matter of time before this game goes F2p

It won't. It will never go F2P to be more accurate. It will either just stay P2P even with a very small playerbase, or just die. I'm a big fan of the F2P model, but I really can't see it work in DarkFall.

Originally posted by syrusmag3

AV is a smart company contrary to belief.  They developed the game for 10 years and released it instead of dieing like many, many others.  They give us two expansions with less subscribers than we have now.  They wanted to make a game that they wanted to play (ie: not an EQ clone).  Its not their only income too.  They played is smart and do other things to keep their game alive (and develop it over 10+ years).

This game is for people who don't want the came old crap we see everywhere else.  It will stay a throne in the side of every EQ clone out there.  How many games have died since Darkfall began as an idea around 1999?