Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

So... we won?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

Here comes the flood

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• apollobsg75apollobsg75 Member Posts: 66

i wonder if both of the current players will continue to play untill then and attend the "epic event'.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Meh, 8 years is a good run. RIP

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• JahosefatJahosefat Member UncommonPosts: 50

Finally SWG reaches the end of its slow and very painful death. This was the greatest MMO I have ever played up until SOE decided to change it. It will always be my favorite. RIP SWG!

Blackthorne Legend Gaming | Join Us! Jahosefat - Deckhand of Blackthorne

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

This is one of those bittersweet moments.  A part of me is glad to see the abomination that is the NGE now crashing horribly to the ground.  And then again, the other part of me is sad to see the IP being shut down.  Has Sony Online Entertainment not learned from their mistakes?  Have they not learned that if it wasn't broke, they shouldn't have fixed it?  And I hope you get what I mean by that analogy.

All I have to say is god bless and god speed Star Wars Galaxies.  May you find eternal peace after such a long time enduring your pain.

"You where the Chosen One!  You were suppose to destroy the Sith, not join them!  You were suppose to bring balance to the Force!  Not leave it in darkness!" -Obi Wan Kenobi

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by misles

This is one of those bittersweet moments.  A part of me is glad to see the abomination that is the NGE now crashing horribly to the ground.  And then again, the other part of me is sad to see the IP being shut down.  Has Sony Online Entertainment not learned from their mistakes?  Have they not learned that if it wasn't broke, they shouldn't have fixed it?  And I hope you get what I mean by that analogy.

All I have to say is god bless and god speed Star Wars Galaxies.  May you find eternal peace after such a long time enduring your pain.

"You where the Chosen One!  You were suppose to destroy the Sith, not join them!  You were suppose to bring balance to the Force!  Not leave it in darkness!" -Obi Wan Kenobi

They tried to fix it because it was broken from their point of view. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Funny thing is, this game would be still going on strong if Sony didnt deside to "improve" it

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

More people to play SW TOR with us when it's finally released :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Just because people who come into the SWG forum aren't always likely to come into the Vet Refuge, and to avoid duplicate discussion posts, going to lock this one. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/delete/4294010/page/1#4294010 This thread is in the main SWG forum about the shutdown.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.