Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Return to Hyboria Part 4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's been awhile since MMORPG.com's Phil James has visited Age of Conan. In Part 3, Phil journeyed through the world smashing things and having a great time. In today's chapter of Return to Hyboria, Phil wraps up his month long adventure with a few closing thoughts. Read on!

However that doesn’t help me now. I’m not at the level cap yet but still need something to do so I decided to try out the Destiny Quests. This starts off in Tortage and carries on through the rest of the game. You pick up the quests at levels 30, 50, 60 and 80. It’s a decent quest-line, however I was certain I wouldn’t have time to see it through to the end so I just gave myself a little sampler. The quest revolves around the Phoenix Medallion which you get during the final stages of the Tortage. After liberating that port and being thrown out into the world you can continue the quest once you hit one of the above levels. There are pieces of the medallion missing and by retrieving them you can regain some of your memories and eventually at level 80 you can meet the big man himself, Conan.

Read more of Phil James' Age of Conan: Return to Hyboria Part 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

Not a bad write up of the mid-levelsand what's to come, but I'd definitely advise you to continue through to level cap and get started with parts 5 and 6. 

As BTO said all those years ago 'You ain't seen nothin' yet'

• biggiehealsbiggieheals Member Posts: 13

when is this going free?

• leobreleobre Member Posts: 12

why are you writing this if the game is going f2p ?  just curious......

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

From the article: "Fortunately, soon I can play without having to."

I think Phil was playing/writing about AoC before the announcement came, really.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50

It's worth paying for in my opinion :) But maybe its a good thing, the free to play thing. The game deserves a bigger player base.

• ForvaineForvaine Member Posts: 1

The free to play has been activated.

You can now enter and join the community freely, and based on my own experience,

there are much more players in the areas between tortage and endgame material.

The only catch is that not everything is made free to play, some dungeons for example, can not be entered without paying something. (There are several ways to unlock these things, not necessarily becoming a pay-to-play player. You can also buy a kind of ticket which unlocks some pre-determined dungeons forever, making them available for free to play.)

Also, in aoc you have your feat/talent trees in which you can spec. These are available.

However, there is also an 'alternate advancement' tree which contains other talentlike things. This is not free, which results in a (slight?) disadvantage when facing other players in pvp that do pay-to-play.

However, getting past tortage is a great thing and you can, as free to play, get the level 40 mounts and you can still reach the levelcap without paying if you just skip the pay-to-play places.

I'll see you ingame!

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Free-to-trial is how I would describe AoC. 2g cap anyone? It's all just designed to make you sub if you actually want to play the game. Not surprised Funcom couldn't make a decent F2P model like Turbine has.