Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising: Headed to Steam With In-Game Minion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Heatwave Interactive has announced that Gods& Heroes: Rome Rising is headed to Steam and will be available beginning June 24th. As a bonus for purchasing on Steam, players will receive access to the Level 3 minion Gorpal, a damage-dealer Phorcid that protects players by fighting with claws and poisonous bite. 

Launching in North America and Europe this week, Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is a full-scale MMORPG that immerses players in a universe of authentic Roman myth and legend. Players take on the role of a Demigod and celebrated hero of the Roman army who sets out on a quest for vengeance against an ancient enemy. While battling in the midst of Roman landmarks and legendary scenery, players can build and command their own squad of minions, customize their massive estate, combat mythological creatures, and unleash an arsenal of weapons.

Read more about Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

Oh, wait...  This isn't going to be a free to play game?  Well.  It's doomed to fail.

I like to complain about games.
  • mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

It's doomed to fail even if it was free, the beta was horrible, was expecting A LOT more out of this.  Graphics are ok, but the gameplay is just blah.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Was about to ask if this is any good...  I didn't bother trying to get into beta and from the sounds/looks of things its just another waste of time =(

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

This game has lots of potential and does offer something different than a WoW/EQ clone.  But with that said, I feel they rushed the game out and still needs at least another 4-6 months of polishing.  I love the intentions they have for this game but with this being the 2nd release for this title, they should have released the game at 100% to give it a fair shot in the market.  I'm afraid people will try the game, witness it's many bugs and drop their sub.  APB can kind of survive this because of it's payment method, but this game can't.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Funny thing is, there was a secret Phorcid in the game before Perpetual lost it. Seems they just pulled the minion out of game when Heatwave took over and decided to give it to Steam players only.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by mad-hatter

It's doomed to fail even if it was free, the beta was horrible, was expecting A LOT more out of this.  Graphics are ok, but the gameplay is just blah.

Well, if it were F2P, or even had a lesser-priced box price with no monthly sub like GW, I'd probably purchase it as a casual game.

But this title isnt nearly robust enough in game-play, at all, to warrent a $40 box and $10/month.  But that's me.  Having played teh open beta and experienced the lack of mmorpg content and game-play deliverables, or the lack of what you can achieve or accomplish through game-play, it seems like more of a single-player emphasized game with a lobby-system home estate system.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i find it amazing all these people who say doomed to fail,makes me laugh.we have 100 chars in our tribe alone,and they are not alts of other chars either.lets wait and see if it fails or not.you peeps make me giggle.one other thing is it has,nt even been released in europe yet.all you fail guys,must be awful playing a game with you lot,with all your doom and gloom outlook.

• ShattenShatten Member UncommonPosts: 40

i bet alot players that like the game rage quit after hearing the news that it switch to p2p from f2p. it look to me that the new dev fail expectation of having store to maintain the game so they probably switch it back to p2p. $50 to buy the game isn't worth it, the game was already price for $30 before now they're ripping you off with the $50.

lol @ the prices gamestop sell it for $50, $40 at steam

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Edit nvm it is p2p :)

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Played a lot in Beta. Didn't float my boat but I stuck with it and tested to the best of my ability. Did not think it was good enough to be p2p. That's just my opinion. In game I met a lot of people who really enjoyed it. I wish you all well and super funtimes.:)

where do peeps get the price 40-50 bucks..dont yoiu guys look around?in uk i can get the game for equivalent of 30 bucks ffs.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by kevjards

where do peeps get the price 40-50 bucks..dont yoiu guys look around?in uk i can get the game for equivalent of 30 bucks ffs.

Isn't 30 pounds about 50 dollars?

In any case Amazon has it for 49.99 and so does microcenter. So does Game Stop.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

While the game isn't perfect it's still a fun game.  I don't think $9.99 a month is that bad at all, I've played a lot worse and had to pay $14.99 a month.

A game comes out thats a bit different and people refuse to give it a chance, cause it's not WoW enough.  But if a game comes out and is called a "WoW clone" people scream and shout that they want something different.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by JohnnyMotrin

This game has lots of potential and does offer something different than a WoW/EQ clone.  But with that said, I feel they rushed the game out and still needs at least another 4-6 months of polishing.  I love the intentions they have for this game but with this being the 2nd release for this title, they should have released the game at 100% to give it a fair shot in the market.  I'm afraid people will try the game, witness it's many bugs and drop their sub.  APB can kind of survive this because of it's payment method, but this game can't.

What! Buy to win is a joke and thats what APB is gonna be, and already is, I was in the first beta and release bought the game, I was in this beta and again the open beta, this game is a joke , I dunno why people want free to play when the game is not Free!!! you end up spending more then 15 bucks , look at APB, to get a decent weapons you have to rent most of them!! Ya rent, and you will spend more than 15 bucks a months so where is the logic with free to play, sure you can play the game , but thats if you wanna suck at it and have crappy items.. Thats like playing WOW with all greens or less in arena and expect to win....

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by SunYam

While the game isn't perfect it's still a fun game.  I don't think $9.99 a month is that bad at all, I've played a lot worse and had to pay $14.99 a month.

A game comes out thats a bit different and people refuse to give it a chance, cause it's not WoW enough.  But if a game comes out and is called a "WoW clone" people scream and shout that they want something different.

Forgot to add I agree I did beta test this game , and it was decent 10 bucks a month is worth it. I rather have that than free to p-lay and spent 20 -30 a month to rent items like most free to play. AKA buy to win, they should be called not free as there not FREE.......!!!  agree with this poster 1000%

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

50$ now, 19.99$ in 3 months, f2p in 6 months.

for anyone in the UK this gamr retails for £18.50 on amazon..guess thats around $30 or something near.

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Hm, I can't locate the 'Purchase' button on Steam for this item... I can only add it to Wishlist.

Anyone else in EU having this problem? 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

not released til tomorrow in europe.only headstart and US playing atm

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Ah, ok, thanks for the reply. They only just updated the page with release date. 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by Aguitha

50$ now, 19.99$ in 3 months, f2p in 6 months.

Well you can get the digital download for $40.  Plus if it does ever go to F2P then so be it.  A lot of mmo's even bigger named ones are going F2P.