Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Incarna 1.0 Is Coming... Tuesday!

Incarna 1.0, a patch coming to EVE Online that, among other things, will see the implementation of "Captain's Quarters", is scheduled to be released this coming Tuesday, June 21st. Stay tuned to the official site for a look at all the patch notes.

EVE Online: Incarna 1.0 is scheduled for deployment during an extended downtime on Tuesday, June 21. Downtime will begin at 05:00 UTC and is expected to be completed by 19:00 UTC.

Incarna 1.0 features Captain's Quarters - the first step towards opening the interiors of space stations for players; the new graphics and animations for ship turrets; and the new Noble Exchange store offering new and exciting goods. The new players will now embark on their journey in EVE Online guided by completely revamped tutorials and the familiar voice of Aura, while the new agent finder and corporation recruitment tools will make life easier for all pilots.

Full patch notes will be published soon

Read more at the official EVE Online website.

Comments

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

I think CCP just stole my wallet. Again.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Ha! So much about it being vaporware. Well, part of it at least.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

I like how they progressively roll out patch changes now. It allows for some real time feed back on actualy live servers, and they can polish each step nicely as they progressively release the content. I'm sure we have until this winter or even later to fully see stations, but at least we have this glimpse!

• mop231mop231 Member Posts: 15

it looks good but imo its not that functional...

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

It looks great. How is it not functional if you can access everything you could before, but in a more immersive mode? I don't understand how some people are against a game evolving and becoming better and expanding more. Talk about living in the past century.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Is this game newbie friendly yet ???!! =p

I always have such a hard time to play and get into the game.  I suck at this game but at the same time I want to enjoy this as much as like everyone does!

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Dolmong

Is this game newbie friendly yet ???!! =p

I always have such a hard time to play and get into the game.  I suck at this game but at the same time I want to enjoy this as much as like everyone does!

It's as newbie friendly as it has ever been; the tutorials are way better than they used to be.

But the game itself is still as hostile and unforgiving as it has ever been. If you're the right kind of newbie, with guts, nuts and luck, then EVE is probably the most newbie-friendly MMO there is.

Dont worry about your SP/hr.

Dont worry about losing cheap ships

Dont worry that other people can do stuff you cant.

Dont try and play EVE as a solo PvE grinder.

Dont trade off "Fun in 6/9/12 months" for "Fun right now".

Now EVE is amazingly newbie-friendly.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

blah same ol same ol.. EvE needs to become more like Vindictus! We should be able to get out of our ships and go into dungeons with gender locked classes and use a gamepad to fight damnit!

This walking around ship stuff is just not innovative at all.. I'll check back in a year and hopefully CCP gets their shit together and make me the single player action game I have been wanting!!

(sorry.. had to do it)

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

looks good, they are surely tempting me

• Deathwing980Deathwing980 Member UncommonPosts: 80

there goes my next paycheck... again, full year subscript renewal along with the possabilitiy of getting a headstart on  a collection of 300 million isk for a month

• imahayheadimahayhead Member UncommonPosts: 33

Yes it is more newbie friendly. They have rewritten the introduction to the game and the whole agent system has been redone already

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Im not into space sandboxes, but Incarna looks temptating

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

Internet spaceships is getting better on Tuesday! Can't wait!

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i have to work tuesday!  :

i feel a personal day coming on....

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

Just wait for DUST 514 and you will get what you are asking for.

Check it out:

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Vyeth

blah same ol same ol.. EvE needs to become more like Vindictus! We should be able to get out of our ships and go into dungeons with gender locked classes and use a gamepad to fight damnit!

This walking around ship stuff is just not innovative at all.. I'll check back in a year and hopefully CCP gets their shit together and make me the single player action game I have been wanting!!

(sorry.. had to do it)

Just wait for DUST 514 and you will get what you are asking for.

Check it out:

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I'm gonna wait till Incarna is all out before I activate my subscription.