Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a scam

Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

The cash shop in this game is a joke, and to craft items you need to pay real money for mats, and from what I understand the failure rate for many people is about 90%.

I can see has time goes buy Gamigo will make sure for anyone to progress or get anything done will have to spend way more in a month then the standard $15 for a AAA title,  shame most of these F2P games are all greedy f*****s , I understand they need to make money but such BS how they go about it. 

I was actually thinking of playing this despite being F2P but now I am pretty sure I will stick to my P2P titles and not worry about having to pay out the ass for crafting, levelling, dieing , PVPing , having access to content and any other BS they can find to steal your money for an inferior product.

Comments

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Its not just that they have to make money, but in order to carry the people that play for free they have to make more  money from the people that pay than what you would pay from a P2P sub .  Why someone would play games where the publisher can jerk people around at will ($) to force a player to stay competive in PvP is beyond me.

• fnorgbyfnorgby Member Posts: 158

I'm really disappointed, too, since reakktor made Neocron -- which was weird and grindy but very cool.  BP has none of the cool.

I guess I'm one of the weirdos who can play f2p without spending any money, so I can't comment on the cash shop.  The crafting in BP sux because it takes 20+ minutes during which you have to be logged in and docked at a station (at least that was my experience, only tried once and got all wtffy and never tried again).

The rest of the game is very meh.  Unskippable cutscenes, repetitive missions, no real focus.  Not sandboxy enough to be fun like Eve, not enough content to be a themepark.   PVP is instanced, and some PVE quests force you to go there.   On the plus side it wasn't very ganky.  Respawn was pretty much instant.  Hard to tell the AI enemies from PC enemies. 

I didn't see a whole lot of point to the pvp but then I'm mostly a PVE'er.

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

It's probably just a matter of time before all games are made that way, even the single player ones.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

uhh guild wars not like that not all gamers will follow that path so i disagree there.........  sto has it but thats only some games not all rift is not like that  only some

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

From my limited experience with this game, I haven't had any crafting difficulties.  You can obtain anything you need if you know where to find it from what I've seen thus far.  Cash shop are just for things that are nice, but not game-breaking.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Right now, the constructor is broken - no crafting at allimage.

At least the forum mods have acknowledged this as a known problem and say it is being worked on...

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

thanks for letting me know, pass to next game...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• FritomanFritoman Member Posts: 59

Very sad to hear the negative feedback, I was looking forward to this game and have been waiting a very long time.  I went to dl it today only to find that you need to dl like 4-6 files and save them into one folder and make sure not to save to different folders and then do something with a launch to update...ooo I just went cross-eyed. Forget it...I am so disappointed too, oh well, back to GA

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Some of the posts in this thread leave me somewhat confused, having played the game pretty extensively in both the EU and US beta's..

Crafting mats can be found in the game pretty easily, as someone else said, you just have to know where to look, crafting does have a real time component, but it definately does not have a 90% failure rate.

As for the game installation files.. both my installs have been single file/dl's.. not sure what you are doing to get multiple files and having to place them all over the place.

Cutscenes are definately skippable, providing they aren't a story cutscene, most of them are used as load screens however, so you have to wait untill it loads to skip it.

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324

Just downloaded the game yesterday over dinner, installed it after dinner.  It was a multiple file download, but they all downloaded to my download directory, and installed automatically with the setup EXE file, trivially.  I imagine they cut it up so that people on slow connections would have less issues with mid-file failures since they aren't using pando or what have you.

Rather than taking my first Spire mission, I decided to dock at Spire and take a random mission.  As a result I got two decent pieces of ship equipment, a ****load of crafting materials, some junk to sell for enough in-game cash to get another nice bit of ship equipment, some consumables, and about half a level of XP.

Maybe, you don't know you can loot wrecks?

You approach  the wreck with it targeted, and when you get within something like 500m, the loot icon highlights when you are in mouse mode.  Then when you click it, the wreck and your inventory open.  There's a loot all button or you can select which bits to take if you're short on cargo or worried about mass.

uh.  yeah.  RTFM dudes, or, like, play around a little with the UI.  You'll figure it out.  Knock the rocks together! :)

yrs,

Shava

• FritomanFritoman Member Posts: 59

Ok, so after messing around with my earlier post, i went ahead and did the single file DL, and what da ya know, it worked fine.  No problems installing, or getting in.  Then it all went to ****....laggy, cartoonish and not a very good tutorial.  The controls are horrible for mouse and keyboard (haven't tried JS yet). Go to dock and all you do is float around. The UI is very strange and kind of difficult to figure out (yeah, I am impatient, so WHAT?) :)  

I am just very dissapointed at this point, was hoping for a much more enriching experience....although I will admit that after learning that it was going F2P, my expectations went way down.  Still, I was hoping for better...not a EVE clone but something to rival it without having to spend 8 hours a day like in EVE.  Oh well...my eternal search for a decent space MMO continues (Not Eve, played that for 5 years)

• WorfWorf Member Posts: 264

Skip this game... Go to Star Trek Online... It's free and a very well done game.

Black Prophecy couldn't even get the JOYSTICK configuration done correctly... Sadly they expect you to BUY a NEW joystick if you are to play their game. GOOD Joystick Configuration has been available for a long time... All they would have to do is look at OPEN Sourced games like Descent 1, Descent 2, and Freespace 2 for a very well done Joystick Configuration that would allow very fine joystick controls and excellent configuration for custom settings.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by fnorgby

I'm really disappointed, too, since reakktor made Neocron -- which was weird and grindy but very cool.  BP has none of the cool.

I guess I'm one of the weirdos who can play f2p without spending any money, so I can't comment on the cash shop.  The crafting in BP sux because it takes 20+ minutes during which you have to be logged in and docked at a station (at least that was my experience, only tried once and got all wtffy and never tried again).

The rest of the game is very meh.  Unskippable cutscenes, repetitive missions, no real focus.  Not sandboxy enough to be fun like Eve, not enough content to be a themepark.   PVP is instanced, and some PVE quests force you to go there.   On the plus side it wasn't very ganky.  Respawn was pretty much instant.  Hard to tell the AI enemies from PC enemies. 

I didn't see a whole lot of point to the pvp but then I'm mostly a PVE'er.

From what I gather, Reakktor really has it's hands tied with making BP being short staffed and overworked. They didn't make the game by their choice but were contracted to do it for Gamigo to turn it into a money dispenser. They should drop it and work on Neocron 3 instead. image

• t1ct4ct1ct4c Member Posts: 1

After reading through the forum I decided to DL BP and give it a go - that was a week ago and I am still enjoying it.

Yes the DL isnt brilliant and yes you have to patch it from the base install, but other than that it works. I am sure in time they will resolve this (depending on the outcome of the insolvancy situation).

The user interface is easy enough and the tutorials and prologue help you understand how the game is played.  Crafting doesnt seem to have a %90 fail rate as stated, and so far I have not had to send a single dollar on purchasing items, looting and mission rewards seems to have gotten me what I need.

PVP is great fun, granted if you die you do have a stat penalty for a period of time and your ship equipment gets damaged - but these can be repaired (to a degree).

For me its a game that I dont have to commit hours and hours of time to play, I can come on go to a PVP instance and have a laught, kill a few NPCs, do some crafting or run a mission or 3.

As its free why not give it a go, you have nothing to lose other than  a few hours of your life ;)

Enjoy!