Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Game Cards Now On Origin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EA has announced that game time cards for both Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning are now for sale on the company's new game portal, Origin. Cards can be purchased in the 30-, 90- and 180-day flavors.

Read more at Origin.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EadwardEadward Member UncommonPosts: 10

180 days is a longshot.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Does Origin do a € = $ like Steam does?

Eleanor Rigby.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Why would you buy time cards online?  Isn't the point of time card that you don't have an online form of payment?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• Chaotic16Chaotic16 Member Posts: 116

I honestly can't believe this hasn't gone free to play yet.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

In before free to play comm......

dern.

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

I can't imagine why the company in charge of these games is bothering to do anything except fix the games.  I guess people are allergic to success and money.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

thought i would try the endless free trial..i went to d/load to try it again and my pc said it was a  security risk,any ideas guys and girls.i know it has a dedicated channel to gold spamming but an unsecure sight to d/load from,and this was the proper WAR website.

• bbates024bbates024 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I do the 180 day sub it's les then 80 bucks

• bbates024bbates024 Member UncommonPosts: 99

check that promotion for 58 bucks and 5 tax so 63 for 6 months not bad!

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

This made me curious to see if my 90 days is up and it was..so another 2 weeks free of WAR.

Love the game to bad community is low. Ill defenitly play my 2 weeks though.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by fallonfallon

This made me curious to see if my 90 days is up and it was..so another 2 weeks free of WAR.

Is there two weeks free at the moment ?. I know they usually offer it around this time of year but seen nothing advertised as yet.

On the subject of the cards I doubt the game will be pay to play long enough for the 180 day one .

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Is there two weeks free at the moment ?. I know they usually offer it around this time of year but seen nothing advertised as yet.

On the subject of the cards I doubt the game will be pay to play long enough for the 180 day one .

People have been saying that for, what, about 2 years now.

The unfortunate part of this is that the game is actually quite good, but EA obviously pulled out any real commitment to it about 2 years ago as well.  If they had stuck with it, I think things could have been really different for WAR.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Originally posted by Elmoren

I can't imagine why the company in charge of these games is bothering to do anything except fix the games.  I guess people are allergic to success and money.

Yep - you nailed it.  There's some huge issue going on in the industry in general when it comes to getting folks in that have a concept about creative mmorpg creation.  And in regards to money - the company that take daoc's graphics to the next level (without even changing the game)...will do quite well.  But - they don't even want to do that much.  Amazing really - easy peasy money but not one lick of common sense to go and just update that game.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

What we have too much of:

2 faction instanced battle ground games with heavy pve dungeon grinding (WoW, Rift, etc.).

or poorly produced sandbox (Mortal Online, Darkfall Online).

Something in the middle that's free to play due to mass failures to educate themselves (Lord of the Rings Online, DDO, Age of Conan)

Asian Grinders (Aion, FFIV)

What we need more of:

3 + factions

Housing

Being able to get xp from mobs as an alternative to mass questing

Unique classes and races (no cut and paste, no mirrors, no cosmetic cultures)

Ship to ship warfare

Being able to build like in Shadowbane

Being able to siege a city to the ground (like in Shadowbane)

/my 2 cents

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by kevjards

thought i would try the endless free trial..i went to d/load to try it again and my pc said it was a  security risk,any ideas guys and girls.i know it has a dedicated channel to gold spamming but an unsecure sight to d/load from,and this was the proper WAR website.

Your PC is paranoid,

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

People have been saying that for, what, about 2 years now.

The unfortunate part of this is that the game is actually quite good, but EA obviously pulled out any real commitment to it about 2 years ago as well.  If they had stuck with it, I think things could have been really different for WAR.

Agreed its not a bad game . I played it solidly for two weeks last year when they had the welcome back offer it was great at t4 .I then subbed for a month and the drop of in people made the game quite dull and boring . It only really works when theres a lot of players .

Free to play is coming to this game if the rumours are true .I just hope this isn't a cash grab before an annoucement comes in the next couple of months. Because if there is theres gonna be a lot of disgruntled people out there .

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Lord of the rings online didn't go f2p because it failed. It went f2p because the devs saw what they could do money wise if they used the model they perfected in DDO. 

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

man the devolopers is soo sloooow in that game..

• LoopstahLoopstah Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Comaf

What we need more of:

3 + factions

Housing

Being able to get xp from mobs as an alternative to mass questing

Unique classes and races (no cut and paste, no mirrors, no cosmetic cultures)

Ship to ship warfare

Being able to build like in Shadowbane

Being able to siege a city to the ground (like in Shadowbane)

/my 2 cents

Most of these things will be available with ArcheAge, from what i'm hearing. This might be what you're looking for.