Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

we have been betrayed...

well e3 is pretty much over now.. it's 4:27 pm in british columbia and there has been no news exept for a 37 second trailer.

Vigil and thq betrayed us.. We got jack crap in shiz from e3 and they told us they will be thier with dmo . They don't even touch up with the fans on the facebook nor twitter.. I feel sad. Ive waited for so long since gamescon 2010 deutschland, koln . This is what we get is a 37 second teaser.. what the hell. They owe us. Vigil and thq a explination. There are so many fans out there waiting on this game. Who wait for any new and info for a game based on everyone fav hobby. Warhammer 40k and it's an mmo.. They can only give us. the fans a 37 second teaser.. I am really sad right now. I am actually crying over this. pretty nerdy of me, but my whole life i have love the 40k word then fantasy.. I always wanted a 40k mmo ... and they have come.. but they did not keep there world .. i feel betrayed right now. Now i guess we wait for gamescon 2011...

Comments

• UnicornicusUnicornicus Member Posts: 235

Truth is they dont owe us anything... But what they did WAS a huge mistake... why in the hell would they say its going to be there then completely ignore it??? Iwouldnt be so frustrated if I hadnt been waiting (with the rest of you) for almost a year for more info. Just seems pretty lame.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

I dont care anymore we waited almost a year and all we got is that crappy teaser....

Just shows Vigil doesn't care about 40k fans, they couldn't even make ONE interview !!!

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Totally agree, If they had made the trailer 40 seconds, at least i could have related it to 40 (K)............ and imagined some symbolism........

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by tinuelle
    Totally agree, If they had made the trailer 40 seconds, at least i could have related it to 40 (K)............ and imagined some symbolism........

LOL!

I was a bit disappointed at the lack of info. Oh well as the summer convention season is now underway hopefully it will not be long before we get some new game information.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Burn the heretic(s)!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I still have hope, but dam E3 was disappointing for 40k.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I was watching g4 yesterday,  from what I saw its gong to be an FPS style,  and there will be no cover aspect like whats going to be in kotor.  Also its going to be humans with guns fighting orcs. Futre and fantasy mixed together. Thats all I got out of the 40 second advert on G4.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

At least u know what to expect from any promises about this game

( and because Im feeling little prophetly right now: I guess they'll feed us with revolutionary aiming super mega awesome combat, next gen crafting, next gen next gen, players having consequences on the worlds etc...any vet of these forums knows extactly what I mean)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

The real betrayal is lumping the different races into 2 factions.  Couple that with the fact that the devs are all huge fans of WoW and you can start to picture what we will end up getting. 

• venrawvenraw Member Posts: 2

I really enjoyed the warhammer 40k series; they were definitely some of the greatest RTS games, but it seems like everybody wants to make an MMO these days and they seems to always turn out generic and unnecessarily hyped.  I do, however, think Space Marine will be a fun FPS and will probably purchase it.  As for the MMO, I have no real expectations; I'll just wait for a trial or something , lol.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

I like how the trailer states "coming soon" lol..

• MysticBeastMysticBeast Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by ProfRed

The real betrayal is lumping the different races into 2 factions.  Couple that with the fact that the devs are all huge fans of WoW and you can start to picture what we will end up getting. 

I agree with you 100%!! I always thought that in the far future there is only war, not peace! All of the factions work for there own personal gain and there own motives, and they all hate each other! How in the hell can they out of sudden become friends???? ITS BULLSHIT

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I actually don't mind it that much.  I think one of the biggest problems with the industry (not just MMOs) is companies hype thier games up so much that when we actually get our hands on it there's no way to meet those expectations.  There's a difference between getting your fanbase excited, and over-hyping your game.

Even on this site, if you look at the top rated games list.  It's awlays been that when in development they have 1-2 points higher than after they are released.

• TawartafleTawartafle Member Posts: 11

A gnome space marine?

• fadasmafadasma Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by MysticBeast

I agree with you 100%!! I always thought that in the far future there is only war, not peace! All of the factions work for there own personal gain and there own motives, and they all hate each other! How in the hell can they out of sudden become friends???? ITS BULLSHIT

AGREE!!!!!!!

• RayCobraRayCobra Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by quotheraving

Hyperbole at it's daftest!

Betrayed?! Hardly, a little disappointed maybe, but hardly a betrayal... For that they would have had to promise us something.

Realistically you shouldn't expect too many revelations till WH40k Space Marine is out since they don't want the greater number of people to confuse the one with the other. A confusion that could only hurt both games, Space Marine from the FPS enthusiasts thinking it has less shiny graphics, and DMO from people getting too excited too soon and then losing interest.

The trailer was just to let more people know that there is a 40k mmo without stealing the spotlight from the game of the hour - Space Marine.

First i do not feel betrayed i am dsappointed but the poster has a point there has to be a promise like this 1 to count.

"The highest ranking revenue opportunity for us clearly is the Warhammer 40k MMO. Again, I encourage you to come by and see what we are seeing at E3 with that when we fully unveil it, but we think we are going to have a very competitive MMO. "

Looks like they did make a promise ?

O and that quot is from this post :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/233684/news/warhammer-40k-mmo-could-last-seven-years/

and that was for 2010 where they showed a lot but it was not a lot of info .

Also i think the could be problems at THQ .

http://kotaku.com/5811346/homefront-studio-shut-down

maybe vigil is next ?

"Believe nothing.
    No matter where you read it,
    Or who said it,
    Even if I have said it,
    Unless it agrees with your own reason
    And your own common sense"
    - The Buddha, from Dhammapada

Originally posted by RayCobra

Originally posted by quotheraving

Hyperbole at it's daftest!

Betrayed?! Hardly, a little disappointed maybe, but hardly a betrayal... For that they would have had to promise us something.

Realistically you shouldn't expect too many revelations till WH40k Space Marine is out since they don't want the greater number of people to confuse the one with the other. A confusion that could only hurt both games, Space Marine from the FPS enthusiasts thinking it has less shiny graphics, and DMO from people getting too excited too soon and then losing interest.

The trailer was just to let more people know that there is a 40k mmo without stealing the spotlight from the game of the hour - Space Marine.

First i do not feel betrayed i am dsappointed but the poster has a point there has to be a promise like this 1 to count.

"The highest ranking revenue opportunity for us clearly is the Warhammer 40k MMO. Again, I encourage you to come by and see what we are seeing at E3 with that when we fully unveil it, but we think we are going to have a very competitive MMO. "

Looks like they did make a promise ?

O and that quot is from this post :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/233684/news/warhammer-40k-mmo-could-last-seven-years/

and that was for 2010 where they showed a lot but it was not a lot of info .

Also i think the could be problems at THQ .

http://kotaku.com/5811346/homefront-studio-shut-down

maybe vigil is next ?

Judging by other articles we have seen in 2011, I'd say no. They have invested at least 50 million dollars to the venture of DMO. They also have noted in the article you just posted that they are hiring a portion of the laid off employees at thier existing studios including that of Austin, which is Vigil.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Unicornicus

Truth is they dont owe us anything... But what they did WAS a huge mistake... why in the hell would they say its going to be there then completely ignore it??? Iwouldnt be so frustrated if I hadnt been waiting (with the rest of you) for almost a year for more info. Just seems pretty lame.

Not us but they do owe the IP a lot.

Let's hope they don't do it what Mythic already done.

M I don't really bother about demos and such, it can be a bit fun to watch them but making constant demos take away valuable resources from actually making the game.

I do remember Mythic showing up at this really small convention in Copenhagen and showing us a demo that must have taken a lot of work and then 8 months later they announced that they made a severe cut of content because they lacked time. Those 4 cut out city were the actual endgame and it might not be the demo itself that took away all that work that should have been put into making the game what it should have been, but it surely didn't help.

I rather just have a 5 minutes gameplay video (or 30 minutes for that matter) from the alpha than any demo that takes away valuable manhours and money.

Originally posted by Loke666

Not us but they do owe the IP a lot.

Let's hope they don't do it what Mythic already done.

M I don't really bother about demos and such, it can be a bit fun to watch them but making constant demos take away valuable resources from actually making the game.

I do remember Mythic showing up at this really small convention in Copenhagen and showing us a demo that must have taken a lot of work and then 8 months later they announced that they made a severe cut of content because they lacked time. Those 4 cut out city were the actual endgame and it might not be the demo itself that took away all that work that should have been put into making the game what it should have been, but it surely didn't help.

I rather just have a 5 minutes gameplay video (or 30 minutes for that matter) from the alpha than any demo that takes away valuable manhours and money.

Id rather have a 1 minute interview. and all I wanted that interview to say was, "hey fans, we're workign hard, Orks (or whatever else obvious detail you want) are in the game and we will have some new info for you sometime soon." they didnt even provide that.

Judging by other articles we have seen in 2011, I'd say no. They have invested at least 50 million dollars to the venture of DMO. They also have noted in the article you just posted that they are hiring a portion of the laid off employees at thier existing studios including that of Austin, which is Vigil.

"THQ's UK studio and KAOS employees will have the opportunity to interview for open positions with the company globally."

You are reffering to this part  ?

If so as a person who has been between jobs a few times "opportunity to interview for open positions" is not the same as "hiring at existing studio"  and as the text says these positions are open at this time so you need to interview to get a job at a other place somewhere else in the world.

So a guy/girl working in the UK is allowed to interview for a job in austin texas US, in the hopes of getting that job with as much chance as any other person that is interviewing for that OPEN position.

And who would you hire someone that needs to move from the UK to US or someone in the US who will jump at the chance and has a work permit ?

Also the game has not cost 50 mil YET .

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108407-Warhammer-40K-MMO-Will-Cost-At-Least-50-Million

"it's planning to shell out $50 million"

So the 50 mil is a total inverstment from start to finish and it is far from finished.

But in the end i hope that it will get finished and will rock if not, "to bad " ill take my money and go else where. :)

"Believe nothing.
    Or who said it,
    Even if I have said it,

I structured the post that way to give the OP a little room  (maybe he didn't see the date, i knew that post was from last year have been folowing this game from the start) .

I do like the fact that you think i rub my hands and cackel in glee makes me feel al evil overlord like :).

After the nice trailer from 2010 all we got was that silly teaser in 2011,so i get that someone feels "taken" but as i said for me i was hoping that they would give more info.

I for one was hoping that they would have given a bit more then that silly teaser, realy i mean first a trailer and then a full yyear later a teaser that makes no sence.

I was hoping for more info on races, pvp, mission structure and if they have crafting but al we got was a teaser that looked like they made it 5 min before the show.

I also like the new space marine game but i disagree with them for placing a short term gain the box sale of that game over the long turm gain all the WH40K players how are waiting for news about the MMO. 

I can sort of understand it but would not have done it this way i would have made a new trailer and drop some info after the presentation of the space marine game.

The E3 is the perfect place to show of what is comming both near and far and also show that the trust of the investor in the product is still present as now the question about the future of the company is on the table.

A healthy firm does not need to close down studio's.

but as i posted later we will see and if it is a bad game or a game like warhammer online with a 40k skin then i will not play it, love my 40k to much to see it screwed up like that.

"Believe nothing.
    Or who said it,
    Even if I have said it,

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by erictlewis
    I was watching g4 yesterday,  from what I saw its gong to be an FPS style,  and there will be no cover aspect like whats going to be in kotor.  Also its going to be humans with guns fighting orcs. Futre and fantasy mixed together. Thats all I got out of the 40 second advert on G4.

That interview was for the Game Space Marine not the MMO

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I think if they are planning $50m to produce this they are aiming to make mega profits... hence mitigate risk and make it 2 factions and spend all that money on features that probably are similar to other themepark mmos (eg strong graphics and look) and ride on some new ideas and features from the IP eg art/lore/classes and fanbase already established.

I wonder if a sorta sandbox, multifaction WAR40K mmo of at least half the price could have interested ppl (esp. on these forums) more? Perhaps not revealing info is a good sign?

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

I think if they are planning $50m to produce this they are aiming to make mega profits... hence mitigate risk and make it 2 factions and spend all that money on features that probably are similar to other themepark mmos (eg strong graphics and look) and ride on some new ideas and features from the IP eg art/lore/classes and fanbase already established.

I wonder if a sorta sandbox, multifaction WAR40K mmo of at least half the price could have interested ppl (esp. on these forums) more? Perhaps not revealing info is a good sign?

Hardcore sandbox gameplay is FAR too niche to warrant a AAA MMO investment. For any game created with multiple difficulty levels, somewhere around 1% of the people who bought it have even tried the hardest difficulty level, much less beaten it. Sandbox PvP is just that.  It would be like investing that kind of money into a free for all hardcore diablo 2 server. All that for a game that might reach ten thousand players at it's peak just doesn't add up.

As technology improves however, and the cost to produce a quality game goes down, it may be possible. Won't be at all as popular as a mostly PvE oriented game, but still there for those who sleep better at night knowing they ruined some kids day.

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

I am starting to believe that this game is not going to make it.