Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA will kill this game.

Comments

• ValerienValerien Member Posts: 26

I don't know who totalbiscuit is and could not care less, I cannot wait to try out battlefield 3, especially now that several off my friends have jumped off of the modern warfare bus after black ops.

OP says EA has never relased an MMO and predicts what they will do... qq more about a business making money. I see nothing wrong here except failed trolling.

ea will indeed charge you to return to an inn if you'll pay for it. and if the game is that good, i can't wait for it either.

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Maybe so, maybe not. Lets wait for the game to come out then bash it if needed.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I think this game will be fine. Lucas Arts has a stake and say as well so I am sure EA will need to keep to whatever agreement is there. The decision to only offer the digital version via Origin is not that big a deal (to me) and EA can simply not afford to let this cash vacuum fail.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by dougmysticey

I think this game will be fine. Lucas Arts has a stake and say as well so I am sure EA will need to keep to whatever agreement is there. The decision to only offer the digital version via Origin is not that big a deal (to me) and EA can simply not afford to let this cash vacuum fail.

Activision / Blizzard already exclusively distributes their own games via battlenet. EA is simply setting up their own electronic storefront. Why should another game publisher give Valve 30% if they have the capital to set up a storefront? 

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

So I guess NCsoft will also destroy GW2. But no, that somehow doesn't apply for you.

Talk about selective reasoning...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

Thankfully, I make my own decisions based on facts, my own perception, and personal experiences - but nice troll post.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

This is just my opinion, but I feel EA rushed Mythic to release WAR way too early (could be wrong).  I just hope Bioware has more sway within EA than Mythic.  Either that or EA learned their lesson from last time.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Redemp
     Its popular to be angsty against large things ,  be that a certain Mmo ,  or game developing companies ( SoE , EA  ).
    You're not cool on the mmorpg.com forums unless you hate one of three things.
    1. WoW
    2. SoE
    3. EA

I will be pre-ordering BF3 for those weapons, unless they change the plans .. I will enjoy my purchased "advantage".

1. Great game, just heading in the wrong direction.

2. Has been given a lot of chances and has ruined almost every online game it touches since the late 90s. Not to mention it has been recently getting hacked due to their incompetence. Avoid like the plague I say.

3. Although that have a bit of bad history. They are a hit and a miss type of company. They publish good games, they publish bad games. People just want to highlight the bad games to suit their hatred towards the company for ruining Westwood and Command and Conquer series for example.

I'd say give EA a chance with SW:TOR. I know I was concerned at first when I heard Bioware was teaming up with EA for SW:TOR. But now looking at the game currently has eased those concerns.

If it happens to be a good game, great! I'll play it for a long time.

If it happens to be a failure after the Bioware team move onto other projects. I'll enjoy the content that's there before moving on.

But at launch I know it's going to be good. Any one that thinks otherwise has never played a KoTOR game in their life and should be ignored.

So I guess hating on one of the three makes me cool now?

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Malir

It has been stated that you will not need Origin if you plan to buy a box copy. Origin is just a store.  You just download the game from it (if you buy the digital copy). You will not launch the game from it, or get updates through it.

It's friggin' STAR WARS!

Anyone buying this game and NOT getting the box is fail for the box art alone.

I'm pretty sure the Collector's Edition is gonna have some cool things in/on the box.

I'll save my digital download for GW2 when that comes out but no way I'm not buying a box, so this whole "Origins" thing doesn't bother me one bit.

• Chaotic16Chaotic16 Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Malir

It has been stated that you will not need Origin if you plan to buy a box copy. Origin is just a store.  You just download the game from it (if you buy the digital copy). You will not launch the game from it, or get updates through it.

It's friggin' STAR WARS!

Anyone buying this game and NOT getting the box is fail for the box art alone.

I'm pretty sure the Collector's Edition is gonna have some cool things in/on the box.

I'll save my digital download for GW2 when that comes out but no way I'm not buying a box, so this whole "Origins" thing doesn't bother me one bit.

I'd rather have TOR's art on my HDD than in my closet, collecting dust and taking up space.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Chaotic16

I'd rather have TOR's art on my HDD than in my closet, collecting dust and taking up space.

I have a house so space isn't a consideration so I have both.

Having all the old boxes of mmos I've played shelved in our family gaming room is kind of a gaming history/musuem my kids look at and go "Dad, what's this game about? Is this game over here fun?" etc etc

Kind of neat when friends/family drop by to look at as well.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

All i know is your being to judgemental on a game that hasnt even been givin to the ESRB for review yet. Also the comment about EA not dealing in MMO's is completely False. They published both WAR and APB both of which didnt do great because of Mythic and RTW not EA.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

as well as the only reason EA will jack prices up is not because of greed but because they are a company that just spent over something like 200 million on this games production cost, so they need a turn around to actually make profit from this game. Its not them being evil it them being worried that the game flops and they are out a ton of money.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

OP:

Gamers talk and threaten all the time. This is nothing new. Words and threats mean little on the internet. Most will buy the products anyway.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

This is just my opinion, but I feel EA rushed Mythic to release WAR way too early (could be wrong).  I just hope Bioware has more sway within EA than Mythic.  Either that or EA learned their lesson from last time.

id say they learned their lesson because tor has been in a VERY long development cycle.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

i donno.  considering what happened to DA2, it's hard to say EA learned their lesson...

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

Look at what is going on with Battlefield 3, corporate greed has destroyed their image in the FPS genre, mass amounts of people refusing to buy it, including the great Totalbuiscuit, who thinks it is a joke, and is part of the boycott. .

I doubt your claims as to a "mass amount of people refusing to buy it", I would like some concrete facts based on where you got this information. I also have to say that Activision is adding a monthly subscription option with Call of Duty Elite that offers features that are already free in a few other FPS games which seems pretty greedy to me. I have not seen anything about a "boycott" for that as well.

Just because a certain fansite claims something about a game being "boycotted", does not mean anything in the long run. The pre-order bonus is also the same feature they have had in the past couple of BF games. The idea that you can unlock items early as DLC for money instead of playing to get them. So if people did not expect that, they are pretty naive.

• KordacKordac Member Posts: 80

I played WAR at launch and the thing that killed it more than being pushed out was some very bad design decisions.

Horrible class balance, horrible end game PvP, horrible engine performance, horrible decisions that made it far more rewarding to grind PvP scenarios than do RvR, devs making tons of promises they were never going to be able to keep. It had some good ideas but the games own devs did more damage than EA ever could.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Originally posted by Kordac

. It had some good ideas but the games own devs did more damage than EA ever could.

Quoted the above for truth.  Everyone blames the publisher for the mistakes the developers make.  Developers promise publishers timeline.  Its not the publishers fault the developers cannot meet what they promise.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• XziledXziled Member Posts: 41

Wow, if Totalcornbread is involved in the boycott.. then we are all doomed

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Xziled

Wow, if Totalcornbread is involved in the boycott.. then we are all doomed

Who the heck is Totalcornbread and what does he / she even matter for?

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by vmoped

Originally posted by Kordac

. It had some good ideas but the games own devs did more damage than EA ever could.

Quoted the above for truth.  Everyone blames the publisher for the mistakes the developers make.  Developers promise publishers timeline.  Its not the publishers fault the developers cannot meet what they promise.

Cheers!

If EA was rushing TOR like everyone likes to claim that EA does to everyone else then TOR would have already been released .Those who have actually been following this game know that by doing so the game would have  been in a much different state than from what it has become this last year due to the extensive player feedback.Advanced classes would be different, companion system would be different, dying would be different ect. Once again,the facts just aren't stacking up to the mmorpg.com created myths. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• anwaranwar Member UncommonPosts: 108

No idea if EA would be good or bad for the title.

But...I have no doubt that having a store in any game run by any company seriously damages the game.

Look at Turbine and LotRO, once a great company with a great product and a great commmunity.

Now everything is designed so you need to buy stuff to avoid excessive grind or excessive difficulty...over and above the monthly fee....and it's beginning to feel like an infomercial instead of a beautiful, casual-friendly game based on Tolkien's works.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

EA has great games..but imo they are the new SOE in a way....like the way they both pump out games that are great for 1-2 months ..other than that ..thats all they are good for i have yet to play any type of EA game that i sat and play for months upon months and mmorpgs are totally not their thing "besides madden hehe but even then that franchise is goning down the crapper fast"

with lucas arts + EA in my mind = a quick cash grabb ..i really dont see this being anymore than it is..just another starwars title

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by odinsrath

EA has great games..but imo they are the new SOE in a way....like the way they both pump out games that are great for 1-2 months ..other than that ..thats all they are good for i have yet to play any type of EA game that i sat and play for months upon months and mmorpgs are totally not their thing "besides madden hehe but even then that franchise is goning down the crapper fast"

with lucas arts + EA in my mind = a quick cash grabb ..i really dont see this being anymore than it is..just another starwars title

The problem is, it isn't. There isn't another Star Wars MMO out like this one, only that failed SWG those here are so fond of.

There Is Always Hope!