Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn.....I like it a LOT.

Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

OK, got bored waiting for SWTOR, decided to give FE another go, since I havn't played it since release.

I am having a LOT of fun. I'm sure that down teh road some glaring flaws will become apparant, but for now I find myself really enjoying the game.

It reminds me of Anarchy Online meets Fallout meets SWG. Runs smooth as silk now, and the vehicles are actually a joy to ride / drive.

Anyway, for $20, and a freee trial to boot, if you've tried this game in the past you might want to give it another shot. I'm glad I did.

Comments

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

Now that I have my new computer (it arrived this past Saturday), I'm going to try Fallen Earth again. It didn't run well on my old 2007 clunker. Now my rig is loaded with a GTX 580, OC'd i7 2600k proc, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600MHz , 256GB Intel SSD (with 1TB storage drive), and some other fancy components. It runs everything I throw at it smooth as butter on very high or ultra-high settings.

Do you guys think my PC can handle Fallen Earth? Just kidding, it totally can. If it really is like a SWG/AO/Fallout hybrid, I'll be in Heaven. Those are some of my favorite games (the old Fallout games, not the new ones... those are just okay).

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

yeah, the game looks great maxxed out.

High frame rates are important with this FPS combat system, especially for rifle headshots on moving targets, or driving a motorcycle at full speed through a ruined city.

Your rig should stomp all over it, like mine does.

Advice: take your time and really explore. One of the best parts of the game (IMO) is checking out all the odd stuff you find in the wasteland.

• Welcome to the wastelands :) It's a pretty cool game, and the community is really nice. There are some major, major changes incoming, but overall I think they will benefit the game, so should be some exciting times ahead.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

I also enjoyed it at the beginning. Very fun game, but with the time I saw that this game lacks of group content. Its really good for those who like to play alone. Of course you can always look for clans and others people to party with, but its really not nessasary, since its soloable all the time.

Originally posted by Mari2k

I also enjoyed it at the beginning. Very fun game, but with the time I saw that this game lacks of group content. Its really good for those who like to play alone. Of course you can always look for clans and others people to party with, but its really not nessasary, since its soloable all the time.

huh.....I found plenty of group content, in S1 even.

Got a great clan earlier this week, and we've been running together quite a bit.

I would say you CAN do the loner thing, if you want....but you certainly don't need to.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

It's a good game. I actually enjoyed it...just seems whenever i get around S2 (thats the one where you choose your faction) it always seems to hit a snag for me and i stop playing.

Shame cause it really is a good and interesting game.

Glad you enjoy it.  Hopefully you haven't given up on SW:ToR yet.  But never the less. Glad you found a game you enjoy.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I tried the game briefly, but since their is a 30 day trial and i have nothing else to play, i always wondered... is their a way to like reset your character, as in skills and stats? Because it seems pretty new to me the system they use, with all the mutations and what not, i dont want to make a mistake and have to reroll.

Originally posted by whilan

It's a good game. I actually enjoyed it...just seems whenever i get around S2 (thats the one where you choose your faction) it always seems to hit a snag for me and i stop playing.

Shame cause it really is a good and interesting game.

Glad you enjoy it.  Hopefully you haven't given up on SW:ToR yet.  But never the less. Glad you found a game you enjoy.

Oh no, I'll not give up on SWTOR.....but that's a different kind of game fix.

That gives me my obligatory Star Wars game to play.....in the vein of KOTOR.

FE gives me the "old school mmo" game experience that I need, and balances the equation image

Originally posted by jadedlevir

I tried the game briefly, but since their is a 30 day trial and i have nothing else to play, i always wondered... is their a way to like reset your character, as in skills and stats? Because it seems pretty new to me the system they use, with all the mutations and what not, i dont want to make a mistake and have to reroll.

There are respec injectors that reset AP.....5 at a time, if I remember. Best used at lower levels, it gets expensive later on.

One of the more well known players was just groaning the other day that it cost him a full gold chip to respec completely at level 45.

But honestly, they give you so much AP per toon that I think it would be kind of hard to gimp yourself too badly.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by jadedlevir

There are respec injectors that reset AP.....5 at a time, if I remember. Best used at lower levels, it gets expensive later on.

One of the more well known players was just groaning the other day that it cost him a full gold chip to respec completely at level 45.

But honestly, they give you so much AP per toon that I think it would be kind of hard to gimp yourself too badly.

eh , i guess i'll give it another go then. Another thing I didn't like was the mutation aspect, but it seemed like a pretty cool world that i could at least explore in for a while. Is their any planning calculator or something, i searched for guides or resources, but they seedm out of date.

I've heard people talking about character planners, so there must be some updated ones around. I've never used them myself however....never been a fan of "templates".

There is, however a drop-down box on the top right side of the skills window that lets you select a prefab build, and then indicates which skills you should have at which levels.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I am through and through done with this game.....but i really enjoyed my time a lot in FE. The people where great, loved the crafting and had tons of fun moving throught the story. I just couldnt take how solo everyone played and the game was really very easy once you got out of the newbie area. I played it for a bout 3 months and do not regret my time there........but I am not interested in playing a multiplayer game anymore unless grouping is a main factor.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.