Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you like(d) Diablo or Diablo 2 or Torchlight

intheoryintheory Member UncommonPosts: 32

play this game. If you want to get that Diablo-heroin in your blood, you will love this game. Play it until Diablo 3 comes out, that's what i'm going to do. The same people who made Diablo 2, and Hellgate: London did Mythos, and did a fantastic job. Seriously, if you like Diablo type games at all, you will love this.

I'm playing on Europe on the English server. Come play, my name is Casanova. :)

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Considering the screenshots, this has NOTHING in common with any of the games you mentioned. Have you even played D, D2 and Torchlight?

• ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

To bad theres nothing to do at max lvl besides stand around with your thumb up your arse.Oh you could do the lvl 48-50 dungeons that drop worthless 51-54 gear that you cant equipe or troll the shout channel.

• chiksochikso Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by BTrayaL

Considering the screenshots, this has NOTHING in common with any of the games you mentioned. Have you even played D, D2 and Torchlight?

How so? It's pretty similar.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

The game is similar to D2 and Torchlight so instead of trolling like a pro go try the game.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

..nevermind..

• intheoryintheory Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by Boltonsquad

The game is similar to D2 and Torchlight so instead of trolling like a pro go try the game.

Seriously, I read that and I was like... WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! IT'S EVEN THE SAME DEVELOPERS!! AHHHH!!!

Yeah, I know it's not the same developers now, but the dudes who did Diablo, Diablo 2 and Torchlight all worked on this game, and shaped the way it is now, and it shows.

God damn troll. GTFO.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

When people mention that they are the same developers then you also must realise that it will have crap coding.

Examples: Diablo 1 and 2 had the worst code ever, just look at all the hacking/cheating and exploiting that went on and still does in those 2 games.

Lets fast forward now to when they coded HGL, lmfao same coding mistakes again!. I still laugh at how many times they changed the code on Tower of london only for the next day to be another exploit.

And now we will fast forward to Torchlight, even though this was a single player game the coding once again was crap.

Shame mythos went P2W otherwise i just might have tryed it again.

• intheoryintheory Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by sibs4455

When people mention that they are the same developers then you also must realise that it will have crap coding.

Examples: Diablo 1 and 2 had the worst code ever, just look at all the hacking/cheating and exploiting that went on and still does in those 2 games.

Lets fast forward now to when they coded HGL, lmfao same coding mistakes again!. I still laugh at how many times they changed the code on Tower of london only for the next day to be another exploit.

And now we will fast forward to Torchlight, even though this was a single player game the coding once again was crap.

Shame mythos went P2W otherwise i just might have tryed it again.

Mythos isn't P2W atm. They have a cash shop, but only convience items from what I've seen. I don't really know about the coding, or how well they did or didn't do to stop cheating, but I haven't felt or seen the effects of any cheating yet. 

But yeah, don't listen to this dude. Myhtos isn't pay to win at the moment. It's just play and win... I guess? haha.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

just went to check it out, is it released yet even?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Can't play it when the client is not downloadable from the site.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

If you like Diablo stay the hell away from this pile.

Mythos was a fun little timewaster when they used it to test some netcode for HG:L (...and was actually in a better shape than HG:L).

Then it got turned into a weird pseudo-mmo-dungeoncrawler mix by someone else (some korean company ? Can't remember)

..and then it got frogstered, to boot.

There isn't much left of the original gameplay.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I didn't feel Diablo or anything during this game. I felt like it was too slow. I don't know why I couldn't even stay intirested for longer than 30 minutes. I loved Diablo / 2, Sacred, Torchlight, Titan quest, so obviously something in mmo form that is said to be like those should be fun. Nah, not this game.

• escanescan Member Posts: 26

You can play Mythos on the european servers (Frogster is running the servers).  Google "mythos europe".  Not a bad game.  I like Hellgate much better though.....

Originally posted by escan

You can play Mythos on the european servers (Frogster is running the servers).  Google "mythos europe".  Not a bad game.  I like Hellgate much better though.....

yah im waiting for Hellgate to return myself

downloaded and the updater wont launch now

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I liked this game and i also thought it was very similar to the Diablo games, i love that you can play it in a different PoV too.

However i stopped playing early on because unlike the Diablo series this game started to feel grindy pretty quickly. Im just not in the mood for the grind is all. The game seemed very very cool other than that.

Its the same reason i didnt continue playing FFXI, loved the game but didnt want to grind. 

Diablo 2 was great because the grind didnt start until level 85.

I did the Hellgate Global beta and i cannot wait for that to come out. =)

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter