It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Thanks to SWG Vets I missed on great mmorpg.
Don't take that line too serious hehe.
But still - I'm reading this forums for years, and at times, when I'm looking for opinions about games I want to play/buy, my choice is based on opinions found here.
So now you know why I never really played SWG, and was sticking with other mmos.
[and I will keep this story that short lol]
You probably all know that SOE activated all old accounts for 45 days.
I have old SWG trial account, and last week decided to give this game a proper try.
I AM AMAZED by the number of features in this game.
- Crafting is the BEST I ever experienced, EVERYTHING can be made by players
- Spaceships!! I can freely pilot them, walk on them, make them, sell them, shoot them and even customise them!
- When I feel like questing there is legacy questline, and I went to see jabba palace just totake some screenshots but ended up working for the man!! [slug] And as I'm doing quests for him I'm getting access to more parts of his palace - great stuff
- Galactic Civil War - players are fighting to controll cities/planets, open world pvp
- Bounty Hunting on planets and in space. Hunting REAL players for money - how cool is that!
- Chronicles - players can make quests!!! And both - one who made it and one who finished that quest are getting some rewards. And by participating I'm improving my chronicler level so I can create more complicated and challenging quests - I'm doing it with friends and it's great!
- Players can build houses that are NOT instanced, build CITIES and run election for city mayor!
- Collections/achievements are giving me physical rewards like items I can use to decorate my
house or enchance my spaceship or character!!!
And I'm sure thats not all!!!
Keep seeing ppl looking for groups to do some haroic missions [I googled hoth battle video -what other mmorpg gives you THAT?]
There are normal instanced dungeons and bosses too, with rare loot and tokens.
I heard there is special space pvp zone where people are fighting on MULTIPLAYER ships - pilot/gunners like 3, 4 ppl on one ship!!
There even is a fishing leaderboard for guilds - have to get myself a fishing pole then
OK game was different back then and you liked it more - BUT why to bash it to death now ?
SWG gives me more than ANY new mmorpg that is out there atm. Played them all btw.
Im level 50 tank/dps in RIFT, 85 tank/dps in WoW, played Darkfall, Mortal Online, damn even things like TIBIA. And I couldn't enyjoy them games for too long.
I'm logging in to WoW, and beside killing raid bosses it feels like there is NOTHING to do.
I was done with Cata xpack in a month and then what? Hard mode ? Please...
If games like SWG will die, and all you can hear about them will be negativity - who is going to invest money in games witch that kind of features/content ?
I bet no indie company can pull of a project that can beat SWG. And what u gonna play - Xyon ? Oh yea this is great finished game that I can enjoy NOW huh...
You should encourage new players to try SWG, not the opposite.
If they only know WoW all they want is just another WoW clone.
I'm playing my newbie Bounty Hunter and Commando and I'm recording videos as I go.
You can see them here : http://youtu.be/iv-8_r0-wKo?hd=1
p.s. I really just wanted to say - I started to play SWG and frikkin LOVE it oh well