Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to FFXI. Join the Reformation.

DKTATDKTAT Member Posts: 1

Reformation, a linkshell created for new players and returning veterans has steadily become a presence on the Titan server.

Over the course of a couple of months we have taken an idea and made it into a reality.  

Reformation takes advantage of all of the best elements of FFXI that made it great. This includes doing all of the old, "vanilla" content such as:

- Experience points parties in various zones from Level 1 to Level 75

- Key hunting quests

- Rank missions

- Notorious monster hunting

- Artifact armor

- Advanced job unlocking

If you have been debating on coming back to FFXI, or deciding on an mmorpg to play and are tired of the cookie-cutters such as World of warcraft and Rift (or WoW 2.0 as I like to call it) then now's your chance!

Come to FFXI and join the Reformation.  Be a part of a community that plays together and enjoys this game to the fullest.  Socialize and develop strong friendships that you won't experience in any other game.  Explore vast areas and dungeons, and accomplish everything you set out to do.  Because remember..

"No goal is impossible to achieve."

Reformation is located on the Titan server, with a temporary linkshell being on the Phoenix server.  Why?

There is a server merge going to take place on May 10, combining the worlds of Titan and Phoenix to make one big server.  We have members on both worlds.

Currently, both Phoenix and Titan's character creations are locked, but it is still possible to transfer from another server to Phoenix (a fee of $25).

The temporary linkshell was created to host members interested in joining Reformation.

Once the merge hits on May 10, the "father and son" linkshells will be broken, and one big linkshell with ALL members will be created, 'Reformation.'

If you are interested in starting up or returning to FFXI, and would like to join Reformation, reply to this thread or send us a /tell in game!

- Destrukt (Phoenix server)

www.reformationlinkshell.tk -- Come visit our activate website and forums, introduce yourself, discuss and post topics and more!

Comments

• HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

I joined up and have to say im having a blast. I'm more of a solo player during the day and party at night. I must say i've tried to get into FFXI many times in the past and this is the first time its really just stuck. I had one member come and run me through my Rank 3 mission and it was pretty epic. Love the story / cutscenes and with it loaded up on my work PC, I do all my running around during the day and partying at night.

I like old school MMOs and this is one of the only MMOs out there that still enforces the party over solo gameplay. I will say ANY class can now solo, but partying you will gain 10x more EXP because of bonuses and rate of killing. I really love that dynamic and the linkshell is awesome.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

How did you get onto Phoenix I heard it was locked to both new players and world transfers.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

you have to wait til May 10th for the Merge to go through. Till then you can always play on another server and transfer at that time.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

to do a world transfer ur character has to exist for 90 days. So me and some others are playing on bismarck for those 90 days since we dont want to wait till may 10 to start playing

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• CaptaiSpiffCaptaiSpiff Member Posts: 15

I will more than likely be joing but will not pay 25 dollars to transfer.  That being said, I will be starting after the server merger.

• xriddick05xxriddick05x Member Posts: 1

How active is your LS?

Totaly member count? range from 1-75 and 75-90

What is the current schedule? Schedule driven events?

I'm somewhat a veteran with 4 years playing FFXI. I'm more concern about the Storyline appose to leveling.

My server is full of dead high level zombie freak who don't care about new or returning people. Such high requirement for me to join any of LS. I'm on valefor server.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Hi. I'd say we are getting close to the 100 member mark, with at least 20-30 on at all times.

we have people of ALL levels, some brand new, some old starting over, and some old with high level characters. 

Last night for example... there were several different level parties going on, plus key hunting, and some missions going on. 

check out www.reformationls.tk

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

You win, I'll bite. I'll join Monday.

• CaptaiSpiffCaptaiSpiff Member Posts: 15

Definetely will be joing you guys soon-ish.  I am waiting on payday to get the game on steam.  Me and a few friends will be joining you guys.  You guys still pretty busy in game?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Just checking in quick to see how life in Reformation is going?

Talking to an old friend of mine via PoL right now that I've known in FFXI for several years now. He's very intrigued by the idea behind the LS (an old-school player who misses the "way the game used to be played" as I do).

He's currently finishing up a Magian weapon quest and has a real life issue to tend to with a family member, but says he may very well check it out once things are cleared up. He's on Asura now, but will transfer. I'll probably be over there long before he is, so I'll be able to give him an idea of how things are going which will help his decision one way or the other.

Really looking forward to getting back in-game.. Heck, even helping people with Khazam keys will be a lot of fun again heheh. Been a while since I've paid the Yagudo a visit in the back of Giddeus. They're probably worried about me :-p.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• iRedmaniRedman Member Posts: 1

Hi an old play (thats still kinda new lol) . I just reactivated my account since realizing my computer is able to run this game easily and happened to be on the phoenix server already. I will definitely be trying to contact reformation, sounds exactly like the Linkshell that I need to progress through this awesome game :) 

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

I applied. It's great to be back playin this game. It offers a very unique game experience, one that isn't perfect, but the most immersive in the MMO market as far as I'm concerned.

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

I will be contacing you in-game.

I played FFXI when it first came out, but to be honest, was my very first mmo and I didn't know how to do ANYTHING!

So basically I am starting from scratch.

I have a few quick questions about the options in-game.  How do I access them as the graphics ar5e very poor right now on my PC and they shouldn't be

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
    Trying out: Age of Wushu
    Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

was wondering if i could join also! if this game updates dine and nothing happens i would love to join if thats cool.

• VulkyVulky Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by schertzt

I will be contacing you in-game.

I played FFXI when it first came out, but to be honest, was my very first mmo and I didn't know how to do ANYTHING!

So basically I am starting from scratch.

I have a few quick questions about the options in-game.  How do I access them as the graphics ar5e very poor right now on my PC and they shouldn't be

Gotta edit the windows registry by yourself.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics