Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i want back my beloved SPELLBORN!.. hell it was simply the best

13»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It was an interesting game.

I never liked the combat mechanics, the spinning bar could have been good if it were larger and it mattered what attack you just did, but it was too simple as it was.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Don't suppose there's any news on tcos possible relaunch?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by JeroKane

Still tho... they had more content than most so called Tripple A titles that released the past couple years and are still around.

Spellborn had the bad luck that they went to bed with the wrong kind of publishers who screwed them over royally and run them into the ground, then snatched up the game for a pocket fee and rework it in Asia as a F2P title.

As the whole region splitting (even Europe countries themselves being split up), including IP bans is what killed this game even before it launched! 

A damn shame! As it had a very large and loyal fanbase during Beta.

Those games never worked out either. That someone else have even less content isn't sadly enough. The reason AoC never couaght on was really because it was so small, not because all the bugs even if they didn't help either.

While the weird splitting up did annoy some people (I can't understand why I can't choose which region I want to play myself, if I get worse ping it is my friggin problem, different US publisher or not).

If they had a few more races, another starting area and some more zones I think the game would have done a lot better. Not that I am defending the publisher, they messed up a lot as well.

• KAY-9KAY-9 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Skanomodu

Yeah, I miss spellborn too image

The combat system was really way more fun than any MMO I´ve played...yet somehow the game didn´t survive, and all we can do is wait for the free to play version to be released,if that will ever happen...

I loved this game too, it was really good, and it had a lot of potential, they just had the wrong people backing them :(. Everything about it was good

The Chatos Academy-GM
    Please Join!!! message me or visit our site tcagaming.com

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

I'll take Spellborn over TR anyday. I miss this game a lot.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I always thought the envrionments were awesome in that game. The character models...not so much. THe combat system  was not bad. 

What I really didn't like was the charcater customization and the lack of loot. This was the real kilelr for me.

It was still better than many F2P games running today.

I doubt that it will ever be back.