Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Return to Hyboria Part 3

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's been awhile since MMORPG.com's Phil James has visited Age of Conan. In Part 2, Phil detailed his first baby steps out into the larger and scarier world of Hyboria. In Part 3 of his Return to Hyboria series, Phil continues his journey while simultaneously smashing things along the way. Get the details on what Phil has found and then leave us a couple of comments.

So yeah, I’ve been fighting a lot, but that’s cool as grinding is another way of saying ‘learning your class’. Hopefully, if I get to do any dungeon runs, I’ll have clicked all those buttons so many times that, I’ll be an expert by then. On the subject of dungeons, I did a brief survey in my guild regarding what there was to do before the level cap. I was which are the best instances to look out for, however, so far I’ve seen no groups forming for these. I guess this has become a level cap game. Hopefully the recent announcement regarding the free/cash shop model will see a decent intake of new players to the game.

Read more of Phil James' Age of Conan: Return to Hyboria Part 3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KrellenKrellen Member Posts: 84

It is a shame you havent been able to run Sanctum of Burning Souls.  I remember running that multiple times when I was leveling up.  It was a lot of fun and a good entry dungeon.

• cheggelundcheggelund Member UncommonPosts: 91

Yeah, Sanctum was great and it also provided great gear that lasted several levels.

I erally like the grouping dynamic in AoC. I find it very flexible with the amount of possible healing classes.

--Chegg

• Sanctum is a fun run. I hope with them going F2P there will be more players around and it will make it easier for people to experience those early dungeons. Some of them (also Black Castle for example) are awesome with friends and I wish more people played them rather than want to stay on the quest levelling treadmill and level past them.

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209

been doing some gathering / crafting with my 80 demo, to bad he is offline leveled so gear is crap and i die a lot :) but hey can only get better :p

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

There's been quite some grouping in the lower level dungeons since the merges in Europe. And before you could always find lvl 80's willing to run you through them. It's not the same as experiencing it in full group of players of the intended level, but still :). Sanctum is a gorgeous instance, that you should really visit ;)

And yes, AoC has a lot of "kill x" quests, but in this game you're usually fighting multiple enemies at once. I don't think you would spend more time in AoC killing 20 mobs than you would in another MMO killing 10.

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Hey if any of you guys want to run Khitai grinding I am in the Brittle Blade faction on Wicanna on my sin. Name  is Lateris. 

• GwingGwing Member Posts: 85

this game free to play yet?

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50

Good read. It's the best MMO out there.