Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hit level 10 now what?

VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

I have two characters one is 9 and the other is 10.  Both are stuck in wizard city.  The only quests I have left are in pay areas and the crafting quests.  The crafting quest arrow leads me to the big tree in the ravenwood but the door is shut.  Is that right or am I missing something?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

The game is not F2P, you only have access to the first free areas. You need to either buy the pay areas, or buy subcription to access every area in the game for the duration of your subcription.

You could do the crafting quests to craft workbench and 2 daggers of absolution even in the free areas, there are materials needed in the free areas, but besides that you've likely run out of free content to do.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Ok got you.  I misunderstood the what was included with the free to pay portion.  Have to pick up some crowns.

thx

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I thought it was just me and I was missing something. So basically, Wizard101 is NOT a free to play game. It is a game with a free trial. Way to get the kids roped in. Too bad, for I had fun with the game.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

Wizard101 has a free to play area that you're invited to enjoy for as long as you want. Where most games limit your free play by time, we limit it by location. 

If you wish to explore beyond Triton Avenue, you will need to purchase time in the game with a Membership, or individual areas in the game with Crowns.

Originally posted by KingsIsle
    Wizard101 has a free to play area that you're invited to enjoy for as long as you want. Where most games limit your free play by time, we limit it by location. 
    If you wish to explore beyond Triton Avenue, you will need to purchase time in the game with a Membership, or individual areas in the game with Crowns.

Interesting slant on "F2P". You can run wizards forever through the same few hours of gameplay as long as you desire. You get 10 free levels to play. You get to explore TWO areas (Unicorn Way and Triton Avenue) for free. You give just a very small taste of the game "for free". In other words, "Try this blue pill, kiddie, it's free." Later on: "What? You want more blue pills? Time to pay up now."

What do you care. Not your kids. This is your whole marketing plan, isn't it? Suck the kids in and let them bug, whine, and plead with the parents for the money for you? Even after you "subscribe" or "pay by area", there are pets to be bought, houses to be bought, mounts to be bought, clothes/outfits to be bought, etc. Kids are competitive, comparative, and looking to fit in. Way to capitalize on that.

2 Streets (areas) for free. A few hours of playtime. Give me a 14 day free trial anyday of the week. I *KNOW* what I am getting into there.

All I can say is you fooled a lot of people. You got rave reviews from many publications. You got awards. You have a good game. I had fun. I would pay to play, if it weren't for your sleazy marketing scams. You don't nickel and dime, you $5 and $10. I'm not going to fight to fight with my children for every "cool item Suzy has."

Now let's see the "pat response" that gold can be earned in-game. How long does it take to make the 5,000 gold to purchase the first house? It's not "fun" to tell your kids, "We are the have nots. Sorry about that." This is supposed to be a game, not an object of stress.

Like I said before: Not your kids, not your problems.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• PingmeisterPingmeister Member Posts: 51
    That might be the craziest slant I've ever seen on Wizard101s trial model.

You get access to an area for unlimited time. Unlimited. You could reroll for eternity and never pay them a dime.

OR you could subscribe.

I don't subscribe to Wizard101 but have considered it many times. It's a good game with a unique free trial method.

They're not trying to trick anybody. Geez.
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by KingsIsle

Interesting slant on "F2P". You can run wizards forever through the same few hours of gameplay as long as you desire. You get 10 free levels to play. You get to explore TWO areas (Unicorn Way and Triton Avenue) for free. You give just a very small taste of the game "for free". In other words, "Try this blue pill, kiddie, it's free." Later on: "What? You want more blue pills? Time to pay up now."

What do you care. Not your kids. This is your whole marketing plan, isn't it? Suck the kids in and let them bug, whine, and plead with the parents for the money for you? Even after you "subscribe" or "pay by area", there are pets to be bought, houses to be bought, mounts to be bought, clothes/outfits to be bought, etc. Kids are competitive, comparative, and looking to fit in. Way to capitalize on that.

2 Streets (areas) for free. A few hours of playtime. Give me a 14 day free trial anyday of the week. I *KNOW* what I am getting into there.

All I can say is you fooled a lot of people. You got rave reviews from many publications. You got awards. You have a good game. I had fun. I would pay to play, if it weren't for your sleazy marketing scams. You don't nickel and dime, you $5 and $10. I'm not going to fight to fight with my children for every "cool item Suzy has."

Now let's see the "pat response" that gold can be earned in-game. How long does it take to make the 5,000 gold to purchase the first house? It's not "fun" to tell your kids, "We are the have nots. Sorry about that." This is supposed to be a game, not an object of stress.

Like I said before: Not your kids, not your problems.

Maybe you could use the game to help teach your kids some life lessons. Like let them earn money from you to pay for things in game.  Gold can be earned in game and is really quite easy to accumulate.

The game and marketing are not sleazy, you are just using it as a babysitter instead of teaching your kids things. Stop blaming KingIsle for your problems. It is not like they forced you to download the game or let your kids play it.

ok

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Honestly, I  would find something else to play as there are much better options out there, especially if you are going to wind up spending money on anything.  FYI Kingsisle put there own glorious and bias slant on things.  They even censor there own forums and often don't let negative comments in.  I know I created many and heard the same old song and dance from many, many people.