Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lolz dictatorship?

NazakNazak Member Posts: 17

Made a post on the official forums saying to not bash those proposing new ideas, just help them form the idea's. and that new idea's help make the game better. Used no vulgar terms, had a nice mannerism, even suggested ways to modify the poster's idea's to fit the lore.This was after reading suggestions from a new player about the game and seeing him get trolled to death.

My post Was deleted, main trolls posts are still up.

What happened to the super awesome, fun, kind community this game used to boast? Getting better treatment from korean grinders atm ;p.

I've seen weird actions taken be GM's in games before but, really?

I miss the old Jolt crew :p

They were fair, quick to respond, and non biased.

Wonder what happened to those CSR's?

Comments

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

You had to have an active subscription to post on the old 'main' forums.  Not sure if it is still applicable.

New main forums are here:

http://atys.ryzom.com/start/app_forum.php?page=forum

With a section for new ideas here:

http://atys.ryzom.com/start/app_forum.php?page=forum/view/1840

Moonlightmist

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

The old forums are "officially dead" though you can still read them. For the new ones you'll need an active subscription as far as I know. F2P sub should do which btw is not more complicated than a common forum sub. Just mind you: Ryzom is different in many aspects, not just this one. ;)

Edit: Just saw the system reqs in the header of this page. Ryzom meanwhile has *native* (read: no wine or cedeaga crap) Linux and Mac clients. This should be corrected.

As a sidenote Ryzom is also one of the first (if not *the* first) commercial open source MMORPG.

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69

I'm one of the Ex-Jolt lot and its disturbing to read things like this, it really is :(

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

So what did you actually read between the lines? Bad support? It's not, not at all. There is a new official forum now and the old one is dead. That's all. And the game is well alive.

• NazakNazak Member Posts: 17

Made several posts, on the "new" official forums in the last week. I already know there are new forums, considering the link to the forums from the main site sends you to them lol. A few were in response to personal attacks, however I was always civil about it, as well as asked them to stop. Some were purely idea's/responses to idea's and they were deleted very quickly. Oddly enough the same thing has been happening to other people I know. There becomes a problem as well that in order to report said problem you must send the problem directly to the people doing the action in the first place, they already have a vendetta against certain people it seems.

• SywindtSywindt Member Posts: 4

Hi Nazak,

We aim to enforce the posting policy on the forums the same for everybody. If you think you have been treated unfairly, please email us at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do to set things straight.

Regards,

Sywindt, GM Arispotle

Ryzom Game Master - Arispotle Server

• NazakNazak Member Posts: 17

Sorry man it's just at this point, i've lost all faith and trust in the csr support group. Kinda defeats the purpose to send a complaint about csrs to the csrs lol. Don't get me wrong i'm still hopeful things will turn around :). I may however talk with mokoi. How to I directly contact mokoi?

Or better yet, like every other game company, how do you speak with actual owners, development team, whatever, people whom actually have sway over the csr's? Or is the game run by CSR's? Not meaning this snidely, generally curious.

It's just when you have volunteer CSR's like this, they will however love the game, but at the same time, they will love there friends first, it's just too corrupted for me. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing.)

Thing's like csr's contacting TI leadership telling them to stop capturing OP's (I've seen the screenies :p). Changing rules about multiboxing software, and deleteing posts, but letting certain people keep spouting off all the time cough* jwenting *cough.

I'm just overall not happy with the game. Which is sad, because, peronal health and financial breaks aside, I played the game for many years through many companies, Helped many players, both technically and with leveling many times for hours with no reward at all, Been a member of the Karavan and Kami Alliance, as well as the TI/If, ect group,  and I feel i'm being punished for no reason. I'd love to resub my main accounts, however I feel I would be harassed by certain people, including certain csr's. And i'm not the only one, I know of at least 10 others in this same predicament. Hell most of em posted on these forums about it too.

I'm a little more vocal about it I guess. It's just sad, and frustrating at the same time. As you all know the guilds/groups formed in Ryzom are small and become very tight knit. Even the community itself can become super close, which is one reason alot of tension arises.

I really have a genuine interest in helping the game improve, however I must say we need management to take a step back and look at the big picture, not focus so much on helping there own so much. I understand the desire, however in my personal opinion you guys need to be detached more from the game. I'd even say not allowing csr's to monitor player activity unless that player has been accused with reasonable suspision/evidence of improper behavior. (I've been stalked more then once the day after an op, with csr's wispering my alts, which was annoying as hell, as I had some of them in really low resolution, and had to stop what I was doing, increase the resolution of the client, then chat for a minute or two >.>.

So I will continue to post, and watch posts, play alt accounts to monitor the game, and complain about things I find unfair. In hopes that one day it goes back to it's former greatness of the Jolt/nevrax crew (plus some proper advertising and innovation/development)

Originally posted by Nazak
    In hopes that one day it goes back to it's former greatness of the Jolt/nevrax crew.
    I'd be back if that happened tbh, sadly I can't see it. I too am very outspoken and it really is a case of "if your face fits" (this is from an internal viewpoint)

I by no means dislike anyone there, its just some seem to get ahead by pushing others aside and "brown nosing" so to speak; leaving honest (maybe too honest?) others like myself to just "deal with it".

Ryzom was my first MMO and I hope it does eventually get to where it should be, but things have always had to change and they just don't. Its sad really, we at the Jolt team (that once was) used to have so much drive in game, kept pushing the devs to go for more, now it just comes across as "we'll make do and hope something good happens" which just isn't going to.

I do hope you get things sorted Nazak as anything such as that should be dealt with professionally and incredibly quickly. If you can't trust support, then who can you trust? :)

• SywindtSywindt Member Posts: 4
    Hi Nazak,

An email to [email protected] will directly reach Yumeroh, the head of CS.

If you can get your hands on that screenshot you mentioned then please send it along.

Regards,
    Sywindt

Ryzom Game Master - Arispotle Server

• LudisLudis Member UncommonPosts: 14

The best part is Sywindt (the one causing the problems) telling you who to contact knowing full well nothing will come of it.

• Originally posted by Ludis

The best part is Sywindt (the one causing the problems) telling you who to contact knowing full well nothing will come of it.

So true  and even if you send a mail directly to Yumeroh with screnshots from CSRs harrasing players nothing will come of it.. already did and in 2 months not a single email or response from yumeroh.... as long as those volunteers csrs are there and they put their  friends first before the game . 

and mind you Not all csrs are bad theres only one that it was a pleasure to know Sengosha is great  but all others are just plain awefull and have no concept of being neutral ... but is volunteer work so what can you expect..

• Tris'laTris'la Member Posts: 5

The 'if your face fits' line is spot on.

• jadacksjadacks Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Nazak

Sorry man it's just at this point, i've lost all faith and trust in the csr support group. Kinda defeats the purpose to send a complaint about csrs to the csrs lol. Don't get me wrong i'm still hopeful things will turn around :). I may however talk with mokoi. How to I directly contact mokoi?

Or better yet, like every other game company, how do you speak with actual owners, development team, whatever, people whom actually have sway over the csr's? Or is the game run by CSR's? Not meaning this snidely, generally curious.

It's just when you have volunteer CSR's like this, they will however love the game, but at the same time, they will love there friends first, it's just too corrupted for me. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing.)

Thing's like csr's contacting TI leadership telling them to stop capturing OP's (I've seen the screenies :p). Changing rules about multiboxing software, and deleteing posts, but letting certain people keep spouting off all the time cough* jwenting *cough.

I'm just overall not happy with the game. Which is sad, because, peronal health and financial breaks aside, I played the game for many years through many companies, Helped many players, both technically and with leveling many times for hours with no reward at all, Been a member of the Karavan and Kami Alliance, as well as the TI/If, ect group,  and I feel i'm being punished for no reason. I'd love to resub my main accounts, however I feel I would be harassed by certain people, including certain csr's. And i'm not the only one, I know of at least 10 others in this same predicament. Hell most of em posted on these forums about it too.

I'm a little more vocal about it I guess. It's just sad, and frustrating at the same time. As you all know the guilds/groups formed in Ryzom are small and become very tight knit. Even the community itself can become super close, which is one reason alot of tension arises.

I really have a genuine interest in helping the game improve, however I must say we need management to take a step back and look at the big picture, not focus so much on helping there own so much. I understand the desire, however in my personal opinion you guys need to be detached more from the game. I'd even say not allowing csr's to monitor player activity unless that player has been accused with reasonable suspision/evidence of improper behavior. (I've been stalked more then once the day after an op, with csr's wispering my alts, which was annoying as hell, as I had some of them in really low resolution, and had to stop what I was doing, increase the resolution of the client, then chat for a minute or two >.>.

So I will continue to post, and watch posts, play alt accounts to monitor the game, and complain about things I find unfair. In hopes that one day it goes back to it's former greatness of the Jolt/nevrax crew (plus some proper advertising and innovation/development)

Oww wow. I thought it was just me that was getting some harrasment from players. I take it you were in infinity. I was in OmegaV, most of our kind of player that I can see are gone. I logged on few weeks ago wanting to do some digging and maybe some OPs get back into the game and have not been made welcome at all. People in this game remember names and hold grudges, some of them see it as their game, and you can only play it on their terms and if you agree with everything they say. Not to say they are all like that it still has some awesome people but it can just take a few to make things pretty miserable.

I would like to play my main char again but can't. I thought about starting over with a new char, but I just don't have the energy to get the levels I had all over. If you do stay and fight your corner good luck to you.

Taidi

Originally posted by jadacks

Oww wow. I thought it was just me that was getting some harrasment from players. I take it you were in infinity. I was in OmegaV, most of our kind of player that I can see are gone. I logged on few weeks ago wanting to do some digging and maybe some OPs get back into the game and have not been made welcome at all. People in this game remember names and hold grudges, some of them see it as their game, and you can only play it on their terms and if you agree with everything they say. Not to say they are all like that it still has some awesome people but it can just take a few to make things pretty miserable.

I would like to play my main char again but can't. I thought about starting over with a new char, but I just don't have the energy to get the levels I had all over. If you do stay and fight your corner good luck to you.

Taidi

At the bottom of the support page (found at www.ryzom.com)  http://www.ryzom.com/en/mmorpg-rpg-mmo-support.html

you find this:

If you have a concern about a CSR.

If you encounter any problem or issue with a Customer Support Representative (CSR), please email us all the details at [email protected]. Although you will not receive a reply, all emails will be fully investigated by the internal CS team.

CeB is where Mokoi lurks usually, the download information is also on the support page.

Moonlightmist

Moonlightmist

• jadacksjadacks Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Mariann

Taidi

At the bottom of the support page (found at www.ryzom.com)  http://www.ryzom.com/en/mmorpg-rpg-mmo-support.html

you find this:

If you have a concern about a CSR.

If you encounter any problem or issue with a Customer Support Representative (CSR), please email us all the details at [email protected]. Although you will not receive a reply, all emails will be fully investigated by the internal CS team.

CeB is where Mokoi lurks usually, the download information is also on the support page.

Moonlightmist

My post was about players not CSRs, unlike Nazak which seemed to be about both. I personally have not seen those issues from CSRs, although I have heard of them before. Most CSRs seem pretty good with events etc. My criticism of CSRs if I had one is that I could not get the help I needed when I needed it.  I see no reason to go over the nature of the harassment with CSRs I've been getting as past experience tells me I would not get any help.

Edit: Spoke to a senior CSR about my 2 issues. Did not get any help. So called it a day.

My post was about players not CSRs, unlike Nazak which seemed to be about both. I personally have not seen those issues from CSRs, although I have heard of them before. Most CSRs seem pretty good with events etc. My criticism of CSRs if I had one is that I could not get the help I needed when I needed it.  I see no reason to go over the nature of the harassment with CSRs I've been getting as past experiance tells me I would not get any help.

Sorry, my mistake.

Did not want to bring up anything that made you uncomfortable, just wanted to point out where to find information.

Moonlightmist

• LudisLudis Member UncommonPosts: 14

Well the dictatorship took it a step further now.  It seems you aren't allowed to role-play at a role-play event now without being muted.  The CSR/Event team must be actively trying to kill this game.

• Tris'laTris'la Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Ludis

Well the dictatorship took it a step further now.  It seems you aren't allowed to role-play at a role-play event now without being muted.  The CSR/Event team must be actively trying to kill this game.

The devs, GMs and to a degree the hardcore of the player base has always had self destructive tendencies in the past, sadly nothing has changed. The events I've seen of late have little to no RP at all, sit down shut up and watch the NPC talk. On the last maruader event I sat for 4 hours watching the portals, as did others, but they magically got through anyway, the event team basiclly trolled the player base. With the perceived or real bias, no real room for RPing the events why should we bother.

• JasyJasy Member Posts: 1

The German Ryzom server suffers from the same problems and for the same reasons. A small unprofessional coterie effectively rules the server like their own little private dictatorship. Anyone who is not submissive, inert or admiring/supporting the few who are running their little private show is either fooled into futile activism, socially pressured into conformism, threatened into compliance or harassed, blocked and banned until driven out.

Corruption, nepotism, highhandedness and unfairness by GMs has hollowed out a game that might have been nice.

Interactive roleplaying and traces of a spirit of mutual cooperativeness are suppressed, impaired or perverted. New players – already quite rare among the constant flood of bots and twinks - are mislead and exploited for petty power games.

And there exists nobody higher up in the hierarchy that has the courage, the will and the means to change any of that.

• cushingcushing Member Posts: 8

To paraphrase Jasy, who joined here yesterday just for his/her one posting:

The German Ryzom server suffers from the same problems and for the same reasons. A small unprofessional coterie of players effectively tries to take over the server for their own little private dictatorship. Anyone who is not submissive, inert or admiring/supporting the few who are running their little private show - including GMs - is either fooled into futile activism, socially pressured into conformism, threatened or harassed until driven out.

Arrogance, egomania, destructiveness and anti-social behaviour by certain players marketed as constructive and well-meant, but fundamentaly the opposite has heavily damaged a community that once has been unsurpassed.

Interactive roleplaying and traces of a spirit of mutual cooperativeness are suppressed, impaired or perverted. New players – already quite rare among the constant flood of bots and twinks - are mislead and exploited for petty power games.

And there exists nobody higher up in the hierarchy that has the courage to change any of that because of being afraid to be reviled as corrupt, nepotistic, dictatorial and unfair in threads like this ...

P.S.: Hear, hear, Talcott. ^^

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by talcott

{mod edit}

Well this kinda sucks. After reading the article about it the other day I was about to give Ryzom a go but after reading post like this I think I'll pass. After reading the OPs post and yours I think I'll go with the OP and just stay clear of the game. Sorry, for someone that just made a mmorpg.com account yesterday talcott, you seem like either A) a rabid fanboy whos here only for the purpose of flaming the OP cause he had the backbone to say something you didnt like, or B) One of these fail CSRs the OP and other posters are talking about in which case proves that the OP and others are right about the issues going on and that you really need to get a life if you guys are dropping down to the level of stalking your playerbase online to try to stamp out any comment you dont like.

Either way its sad cause the game really did seem kinda insteresting but I get enough epic fail community/game/playerbase management from Riot/LoL so I dont need anymore at the time being.

I wonder, UrzaElent, if just reading the rants of the OP would have changed the decision you just made? I doubt so. By giving the game no chance, though, you do exactly what was intented by that posting in the first instance. The game played in forums like this is to find a way to make GMs susceptible to blackmail to get things the way you want. Everybody running a business knows things like this galore: The song played is "Give us money/power/our way or we'll use the Internet/the press to kill you off". That's not a nice attitude, nor a productive one, but somehow pretty human. But then, who said humans are nice? Mark Twain said anything about humanity one needs to know in "The Mysterious Stranger". By your decision, and the reason you give, I'm sad to realise that denunciation is still an instrument that works, for people are willing to fall for it. Freedom, free will is just a nice abstract idea, for as long as denunciation and blackmail works, we all are puppets on the strings of those who use this drug, dancing to their tunes and empty each poisoned chalice given to us by them.

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by cushing

I wonder, UrzaElent, if just reading the rants of the OP would have changed the decision you just made? I doubt so. By giving the game no chance, though, you do exactly what was intented by that posting in the first instance. The game played in forums like this is to find a way to make GMs susceptible to blackmail to get things the way you want. Everybody running a business knows things like this galore: The song played is "Give us money/power/our way or we'll use the Internet/the press to kill you off". That's not a nice attitude, nor a productive one, but somehow pretty human. But then, who said humans are nice? Mark Twain said anything about humanity one needs to know in "The Mysterious Stranger". By your decision, and the reason you give, I'm sad to realise that denunciation is still an instrument that works, for people are willing to fall for it. Freedom, free will is just a nice abstract idea, for as long as denunciation and blackmail works, we all are puppets on the strings of those who use this drug, dancing to their tunes and empty each poisoned chalice given to us by them.

What I do see is MULTIPLE people posting about the same issues with Ryzom that the OP is having and that all of them are A) been with mmorpg.com for more than ONE day and B) have done thier post  in a civil matter for the most part. Thats two things that I cant say about talcott. I'm sorry but when someone pops up out of the blue on this site and the first thing the do is flame and troll someone that really hasnt done anything to recieve that type of response it get my troll sense going off like a fire alarm .

And like I said I'm a LoL player. I've seen first hand just how fail some companies are with how they handle things like their forums and playerbase. If you think the OP was "ranting" then talcott was a raving pyscho. Sounds like LoL fanboy speak right there, if you dont kiss Riots ass 24/7 then you must be a ranting, QQ, noob. No ty, I'll stand by my gut feeling and just avoid anymore gaming drama for the time being.

Well, I never saw the need to post until now (after 5 years just reading these forums for information). I would not have entered if not for the Leanon (German server) input, which just fits in with the irregular, but popping up from time to time intention to turn the screw on the GMs over here. So I don't know about Asispotle; the relatively short time I played there, I did not have any issues, though.

I can understand, to a certain degree, your fear of fanboy trolling (well, I guess we have nothing seen of that until STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC starts). The idea of a working community, though, is that there are rules, and everybody tries to either be part of that community or - if it does not fit - to go somewhere else. If I'm a non-smoker, I don't join a Cigar Club and then complain about smoking in the Club's rooms. If I'm a member of a party, I may option for issues which are contrary to the issues it stands for, but if it just doesn't fit, I normally leave the party and try to find one which covers my issues. If the beer in my favorite Pub is not a flavour I like, I either drink something else or seek out another Pub. But I don't harass the smokers for smoking in their rooms, the party for not doing what I alone want them to do (apart from opposing their general course probably - but then normally not as a party member) and the brewery as well as the landlord for not granting my request - or rather my claim. Am I a fanboy? I'm not a fanatic, for sure. But I see rules when there are any, and I can decide if I follow them or not. I won't bend them or try to bend them for my personal purposes. If I can't live with them, I seek out a place with rules more to my taste. Or I stay and follow the principles of a (here commercial) democratic system where rules and laws are set to the welfare of all players, in a general term, for no-one will get rules just working for himself, interfering and destroying the system, the community, and all principles of democracy. Freedom is a general term. Absolute freedom, in which all rules are just your own or fixed to you personal wants, is indeed dictatorship, with the one on top being free and all others not.

Having said that, in 5 or 6 years I never had issues with the Ryzom GM's - neither the old ones (of whom there is at least still one) nor the recent. I never felt the need of writing a ticket, not even when harrassed or insulted or denunciated by some player troll (and you know as well as I that there's always one) and generally, as a role player, I try to fit in with the scenery, be part of the bigger thing by following the rules of the game, the history of the World it's set in and be a breathing, living believable character of that World. And if other players believe in what I'm doing, in the character I play and the strings he pulls within the rules, I'm happy because I did succeed. And in all these years I never played a game where you have that much freedom, where you meet so much enthusiasm and idealism by players and GMs alike. It's not perfect - "Nobody's perfect", according to Billy Wilder - but it is the one game I can do all these things and am neither exiled to some sort of ghetto or squeezed into the usual pretty boring grinding mould. I'm a fanboy in that sense that I love the game. But what's the reason to play a game you don't like at all?

P.S.: "Multiple" makes three, right? The German one you can't count if on Arispotle or the French server. So: Of those three you might call two sort of substantial in actually pointing out a situation. One of the three obviously is a friend or acquaintance of the player starting the thread. Add one who just thinks that the problem is the players (which includes those three arguing about the GM's) and one who once was at Jolt and obviously left when they left and thinks it's sad if the complaints are true, but has no own view on the recent situation.  I know it won't change your gut feeling; but the drama, really, is happening here. ;)

Tis a shame us ex-Jolt people aren't there anymore, might've been able to have changed this before it became a problem :(

I personally know quite a few of the CSR and its saddening to read this stuff, although a select few I can guarantee wouldn't be involved with anthing like this, and a few that alarm bells go off in my head instantly.