Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Commando vs Vanguard

2»

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by heerobya

Anyone else think the Commando should be the Tank and the Vanguard the healer?

Would make more sense to me...

I mean, if you talk about threat/aggro, from a visual standpoint the Commander just standing out in the open with a huge frigg'n chain gun to me scream TANK a lot more then it does healer.

well the weapons for the ACs were chosen when commando was still DPS only.  So i think in the sense of being the massive damage dealer, the minigun would make sense.  but i agree that looks weird for a healer

Would have been cool if they let you shoot out mini bots from that minigun that would strike the person and send healing solutions to the affected areas, thus acting like a heal.  Then you could on purposely shoot your teammates and just say I was healing you.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by heerobya

Anyone else think the Commando should be the Tank and the Vanguard the healer?

Would make more sense to me...

I mean, if you talk about threat/aggro, from a visual standpoint the Commander just standing out in the open with a huge frigg'n chain gun to me scream TANK a lot more then it does healer.

well the weapons for the ACs were chosen when commando was still DPS only.  So i think in the sense of being the massive damage dealer, the minigun would make sense.  but i agree that looks weird for a healer

Would have been cool if they let you shoot out mini bots from that minigun that would strike the person and send healing solutions to the affected areas, thus acting like a heal.  Then you could on purposely shoot your teammates and just say I was healing you.

lol actually we learned from one of the fansite summit reports that the trooper has healing grenades XD

http://www.torocast.com/index.php/editorials/item/531-this-is-where-i-stand

• Rampage9799Rampage9799 Member UncommonPosts: 35

It seems like yet again , the articles written from this website keep on holding this game to be accountable to the Star Wars books. And not just in the spirit of star wars but to every letter written in them. I think this is an unfair judgement , its like saying the Lord of the Rings Movie wasnt 100% accurate to the book therefore its bad or im going to have to point that once scene out to the world.

Most people just want a good fun playable game thats in the "spirit" of Star Wars. We dont have to know who Yoda's 2nd cousin was and that he wore a Yellow shirt but is portrayed wearing a Brown one.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Rampage9799

It seems like yet again , the articles written from this website keep on holding this game to be accountable to the Star Wars books. And not just in the spirit of star wars but to every letter written in them. I think this is an unfair judgement , its like saying the Lord of the Rings Movie wasnt 100% accurate to the book therefore its bad or im going to have to point that once scene out to the world.

Most people just want a good fun playable game thats in the "spirit" of Star Wars. We dont have to know who Yoda's 2nd cousin was and that he wore a Yellow shirt but is portrayed wearing a Brown one.

I think you're wildly overblowing anything I said here. I was just making an observation, it doesn't bother me whatsoever, thanks. :)

• RadeIronclawRadeIronclaw Member Posts: 1

I'll have to go commando.  Overwhelming firepower is always the best answer.

• Rampage9799Rampage9799 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Its not just you , its alot of these writers. And actually you aremt the worst of them. I have read several articles on this site that the writer seems like he/she is trying to tell Bioware how to make a REAL star wars game , "because they know star wars better than them"

I could of posted this 10 times on 4 or 5 different writers , so its nothing personal.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    Because of respecs its quite obvious they will share the same storyline.
  • heh wonder if some one from here went to the official forumsto ask the question about AC story differences.  The person that did, got an answer.

GeorgZoeller General Discussion -> How much will Advanced Class choice affect story?

While it occasionally may be mentioned, your Advanced Class does not significantly impact your story. This is intentional.

• Ebil_PiwatEbil_Piwat Member Posts: 208

Dammit now I'm torn. I have been following SWTOR more to try Bioware's 'ranged tank' concept of the Vanguard Trooper over a 'It is a Star Wars MMO' then they have to ruin my reason by showing me interesting stuff for the Commando.

Ahh well, guess I'll just have to see how the female model looks while listening to Jennifer Hale give Paradon style answers.

Shame I'll be stuck in the BT-7 Thunderclap ship again.image

SWTOR. Face it, in the Scooby Doo Mystery Solving Van of coolness, this game is Velma. In this current MMO climate it has about as much chance for survival as a group of inquisitive teenagers in a 1980s slasher flick. -Tardcore May, 2011

• TheomastusTheomastus Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by RadeIronclaw

I'll have to go commando.  Overwhelming firepower is always the best answer.

Right up until you run into someone thinks speed, precision, and surprise are the best answers!  

Seriously, though- every class in this game looks awesome.  I think BW did an excellent job at finding classes that appeal to everyone.

“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.”
    -Elbert Hubbard

• LokathLokath Member Posts: 33

Commando's armor seems more Rebellion-trooper inspired, if I might say so. At least for the first part. The second armor they showed for Commando looked more Trooper to me than the second for Vanguard. Vanguard's seemed closer to the Senate Guard, almost Roman in design.