Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible Customer Service and no willing to play this game any more

Comments

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by Greg2005NY

But since you are stubborn enough i will resolve it throu gh my bank.

Word to the wise, you are not on the right on this, and doing a reversal of charges to your bank is fraud and can easily spiral out of control against your favor depending on how far the company would fight it.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Omali

But since you are stubborn enough i will resolve it throu gh my bank.

Word to the wise, you are not on the right on this, and doing a reversal of charges to your bank is fraud and can easily spiral out of control against your favor depending on how far the company would fight it.

/agree

So, to summarize:  You gave your child a large sum of virtual currency for a video game, you didn't control what the child did  with it and are now upset that KingsIsle won't refund either the virtual currency or the real money used to purchase it?  How is this their problem?  You, as a parent, are responsible for what your child does online.

I've played Wizard101 on-and-off since beta, but my now 12-year old son has played consistently that entire period.  We have been subscribers almost the entire time and we do occassional gift him with small crowns via cards.  We have never had a problem.  Why?  because we control what he does online and how much is spent.

~Ripper

• silenttigersilenttiger Member Posts: 1

Just wanted to point out that I've contacted Wizard 101 Support several times and have been more than satisfied with their responsiveness. Sometimes you have to get through some canned responses to get a personal response, but that's understandable with any support organization dealing with a large volume of new incidents.

Concerning the problem you reported to them, as a parent, I can understand your point of view. I've never tried to get Kingsisle to reimburse a spending blunder made by one of my children, usually I just chalk those up to learning experiences where I realize my child still needs more supervision and less privileges.

As an example, my 6 year old son plays wizard with me and my older children. I don't give his account crowns other then when I know I'm going to help him immediately pay for an area or something worthwhile as I know he would spend them on something frivolous that isn't worth it. I've even stopped buying him crowns items after he sold an ascendent staff (crowns item) I bought for him to an NPC.  I suppose I could have petitioned Kingsisle to restore the item he sold, but I didn't because ultimately it wasn't their responsibility to make sure my child doesn't do something like that (they do have warnings when selling crown items, but in this case he was just too young to understand). I understood the risk that this could happen when I bought the item for my son, and even explicitly told him not to ever sell it. Well, it's all turned out to be a learning experience for him and myself.

As a parent you must understand the risks when you give your child virtual money. You can't blame Wizard 101 when your child isn't as responsible with it as you had hoped they would be.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I agree with you. They completely careless about your situration - they just need to get your money. I will better invest my money in another game.

Well said!

I have just learned myself what these people are all about! Big surprise, it's not about any serious customer concerns, it's all about the money! I hadn't played for a extended period of time, came back and couldn't get into areas I'd previously paid crowns to open (I have various quests on the main character from these areas, quests that are part of a series, all obtained from inside those areas). I contacted their "customer service" they demanded dates I'd paid for the crowns!?! Who keeps that kind of records? They apparently (if you believe them) don't! As they claimed that they couldn't find any records of the purchases. The account page only goes back a short way. There is absolutely no excuse for their not keeping records of thngs bought with real money - none! Well... Except that they can get you to re-buy them! I can see children asking mommy and daddy for the money, and the parents really not paying attention and so more money gets spent! Sounds like a marketing plan! I will never spend a dime on any product of this company again.

• dencrenadencrena Member Posts: 3

maybe next time you will enjoy a lesson in the game you a getting for your children.

It isnt about the money,  KI is a well-off biz.  It is about parental control..  if you are not monitering the content your children are participating in and do not fully understand the rules of play then you may as well give your child the credit card and say have fun.

There is a reason behind family accounts; so you know what your children are playing with.

It is your own fault for hearing 'i need crowns for this game' and not researching how to control them, after all it is real money, right?  it only take a few clicks!

• ScabbesrScabbesr Member Posts: 5

My son has played in Wizard101 for a couple of months or more. He reached a 46 level and all pleasure from the playing this game was wasted by a recent incident when he lost almost all crowns that I purchased for him recently. We selected to pay per area. The last time I purchased 60,000 clowns that should have been sufficient to open all currently available areas. Our account history reflects that he usually used money to open new areas and randomly spent crowns to purchase items. By some miracle our crown balance was redeemed from $46K to $1K. When I researched our account history I realized that $45K was used on the same treasury box that was opened more than 40 times. I checked our character's inventory and realized that it contained a lot of the same items. It's hard to believe that my son was sitting and clicking more than 40 times to get the same items. When I contacted the customer service I was extremely disappointed with their attitude. They do not care about you - they just need your money. They even do not have desire to research an issue and understand it. Two times I was sent the similar responses prepared from a template. There is no personal approach to their members. They even do not put names when they reply to you - just some nicknames.

Pretty sad story but I will have to restrict my son from playing this game and to find another game for him. Luckily this is not the single game on the market.

Please be cautious with your credit card and crown transactions. They would not return you any money. Their customer service is horrible. They do not have phone line because they do not wasn’t to spent time on your – it’s much better to sent similar email to hundreds of people than talk to each one and listen each story.

Will never advise to any of my friends to use this game and tell my son the same.

Happy game until you are tricked by their system.

Kingsisle won't refund your money, because their was no way to know that it was a glitch or a bug. Your son could have possibly clicked the pack 40 times. I think I know what pack you are talking about the Dragon Hoard pack. Which does have very nice items in it, which does have a few mounts in it. It doesn't sound like KingsIsle's fault that your son, clicked the button. 

Sorry,

~Scabbesr.

• morgansflamemorgansflame Member Posts: 1

I have been playing Wizard101 for about 2-3 years now and I can honestly say I am also guilty of clicking to much on the packs and at 399 a piece the crowns go quick, I go between the Dragon's Hoards Pack at 399 crowns, the Dragon's Hoard Pack also for 399 each and Hand of Doom for 175..and believe me the crowns go quick but when your getting nice stuff or your hoping the next pack you buy gives you an awesome mount, you get a little crazy with the clicker..I do it all the time and I am an Adult..so leaving a child or teen with crowns in the account it will go just as quick...I have to get more crowns this week considering with all my clicking on the packs I am down to 47 crowns.

I have had no problems with playing Wizard101, love it so much i have 6 characters from different schools..just got to watch myself on the packs cause I do think the next pack may be another awesome mount or rare item....

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by gothmog56

hate to tell you this he does NOt have to prove a thing,he can quit playing as he did. its HIS money. you have to ask yourself if they thinki its worth losing a custoer over.

A customer that wants money back every time they make a mistake or "their child" makes a mistake is a customer most companies can do without. I honestly don't think KingsIsle is losing out in this instance

There are times when certain bosses like Lord Nightshade drops unique loot. This was what his son was after. The guy is just wearing blinders, and closing his ears to it.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by saker

I agree with you. They completely careless about your situration - they just need to get your money. I will better invest my money in another game.

I can see children asking mommy and daddy for the money, and the parents really not paying attention and so more money gets spent! Sounds like a marketing plan! I will never spend a dime on any product of this company again.

Sounds more like bad/stupid parenting to me

• RawrnesspowerRawrnesspower Member Posts: 2

honestly, i think kingsisle has excellent customer service. they have helped me many many times, responded to questions i have asked, and once, even replaced an item  i lost. they can replace characters too, if you delete one, according to thier website, although the sooner the better they say. i repeat, i think kingsisle has excellent customer service, and i honestly dont knbow what your are talking about when they say they have bad customer service. ALSO.... I HAVE WASTED TONS OF TOUSANDS OF CROWNS ON LOOT BOXES EVEN WHEN I GET THE SAME ITEMS. IT IS POSSIBLLE that your child did click a ton of times hoping for items. did u ask him?? and even if he says no, there could be mistakes, or he could have had a friend or sibling with him and when he was gone/wasnt looking clicked it. it could be a misunderstanding where he said to someone: click that a few times, and they clicked it hunderds. the same why i bought (approximately) 200 of the dragons hoard, and 150 of the wyvern hoard, and 200 nightmare packs, and done insane amount of loot boxes. also, i can knock out 60,000 and 70,000 crowns in 10 minutes without thinking, so it can happen

• cloinatorcloinator Member Posts: 1

I honestly think that it is not Kingisle's fault for YOUR son losing his crowns. I am not trying to be mean or anything but you should really start paying attention. The packs do come with awesome things and they are RARE. So I would not be surprised if you are etting common things it is supposed to be expected. You should have thought this over when you gave your son tons of crowns and let him spend it like crazy. So don't angry when Kingilse does not give you a refund. They are not just trying to make money to get rich they need that money to pay for servers, employees, and others things. You have no idea how costly it can become. Also, I don't think you should spread rumors and ruin the game for others because in the long run its just a waist of time.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Started playing again last week and started a new character.  Killed Lord Nightshade and found his chest.  Used it twice for a total of 150 crowns and saw how easy it is to spend a lot of crowns in a very short amount of time.  Still think it's the parents responsibility to manage and/or monitor crown usage.  After all, it's like giving a kid money in a candy store; the kid will go nuts and spend every dime if given the chance.

• pixiewixie2pixiewixie2 Member UncommonPosts: 7

I BEG THE DIFFER! TWICE IN 2OR3YRS I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAMEWIZARD101 THAT I LOVE PLAYING,HAVE FUN AND IT RELAXES ME! I AM AN ADULT BUT TWICE SINCE I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WIZARD101 ALL MY PETS AND MOUNTS WERE STOLEN THAT I HAD WON,PURCHED WITH CROWNS ALOT WITH CROWNS AND MY HATCHES AND PET CARD PETS! MY MOUNTS ALL I BOUGHT WITH CROWNS OR WON IN THE PACKS THEY SELL NEEDLESS TO SAY THE MOUNTS THAT CAME WITH MY EXPENCIVE GAME CARD BUNDLES ALL MISSING! THIS TIME NOT TO LONG AGO! I WAS VERY MAD THAT THIS HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN I HAVE 6 LVL 70 WIZARDS AND KI KNOWS I SPEND ALOT OF MONEY I COULD USE ON SOMETHING ELSE! BUT I LOVE THE GAME AND WHEN I REPORTED I HAD BEEN HACKED A 2ND TIME KI WAS ON THE BALL THEY GOT AT LEAST 95% OF MY PETS AND MOUNTS BACK! TY KI! YOU DO KNOW YOU CAN CHECK YOUR SONS CROWN HISTORY RIGHT? SO WHY DONT YOU DO THAT SINCE IT WILL ACTUALLY SHOW HE THREW THE CROWNS IN THE BOX HIS SELF OR MAYBE HIM BEING A KID GAVE HIS PW TO SOMEONE ELSE IDK! BUT LIKE I SAID GO CHECK HIS CROWN HISTORY IT WILL TELL THE TRUTH! LIKE I SAID KI WAS ON THE BALL WHEN I GOT HACKED AND MY PETS AND MOUNTS STARTED APPEARING WITH IN 24 HRS! AND NOT 1X THAT I EMAILED THEM WERE THEY RUDE EVER ALL THEY DONE WAS HELP AND WAS COMPLETLY NICE ABOUT IT AND EVEN APPOLIGIZED TO ME SEVERAL TIMES FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! IM SRY BUT I CANNOT SEE KI BEING RUDE IN ANYWAY AT ALL! I ALSO HAD MY CHILD GET AHOLD OF MY CC AND HE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND KI WAS RIGHT ON THAT TO! SO SRY I THINK YOUR SON MAYBE BEING NEW TO THE GAME WENT OVERBOARD ON THE BOX! LIKE I SAID YOU CAN CHECK HIS CROWN HISTORY YOUR SELF AND NO KI WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY DID IT! SO KI IS NOT JUST OUT FOR MONEY THEY ARE VERY HONEST AND HELPFUL! DONT GET ME WRONG SOME THINGS IN CROWN SHOP ARE OVER PRICED LIKE THE MEGA SNACKS AND PETS AND A FEW OTHER THINGS BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY TO KEEP THE GAME GOING! SRY IF THIS MAKES YOU MAD BUT JUST CHECK YOUR CHILDS CROWN HISTORY!

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

Originally posted by pixiewixie2

I BEG THE DIFFER!

I'm going to save the reader's eyes and not quote the entire post, pixiewixie2 however I suggest you keep your password much more secret. It is your responsibility to keep your account safe by never giving away your password to anyone, for any reason. Giving away your password is the same as giving away your Wizards, forever. 

If you've logged in to find your items not appearing, there may be several innocent reasons:

a) if you have recently installed the game on a different computer, or reinstalled for whatever reason, it may look like your Wizard is still wearing his/her starter outfit, but they're not, it just takes a little time for your computer to download all images of the clothing and items that you're wearing, so don't panic! You can verify that your Wizard is still wearing their higher level clothing by looking at it in your backpack. Pets and other items may not appear immediately until you've downloaded those files again too.

b) you've logged into the wrong account. Many players make multiple accounts with similar names

c) you've logged into the wrong character. Many players make multiple characters of the same name and looks.

If none of the above apply, and you feel your account has been compromised, we strongly urge you to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY - then contact our support team by sending an email to [email protected] - you can only contact us through email, and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:

->the account name(s)

->the character name(s)

->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:

->your password

->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It appears we have assisted you in the past with a similar situation, so I'm sure you're familiar with how this works. If it is determined during the investigation of your claim that you freely exchanged your account information, your account will be banned and you may also incur further sanctions against current and future Wizard101 accounts.

omg really why are you ppl trashing ki? twice my acct was hacked all my pets and mounts were stolen from all 6 of my wizards! i emailed ki and it took less than a week for them to replace my pets and mounts! i spend alot of money on wizard101 and enjoy every min of playing it and believe me im not young infact a grandma raising grandkids! my grandson got me hooked on wizard101 and i love it! i never had any problems from ki the 2x all my pets and mounts were missing ki jumped right on it! are you ppl trying to trash ki or wizard101 because your acct got muted and your way of getting even? if your acct got muted im sure ki wizard101 had a good reason to do it! i have been falsely reported so many times i cant count and i was never muted so really ppl stop trashing wizard101 ki! the customer service is great the game is great if you have a problem with them which i doubt go play something else really! pixie keep up the good work wizard101 ki your doing great!

ikr i also have 6 lvl 70 wizards am an adult that goes overboard on the packs lol! im not rich but love wizard101 and no lie i spent $200.00 on the kirins pack and got nothing but junk! but i finally got 1 mount after all that money! but it was my choice to do it and no way would i get my grandkids i raise 60,000 crowns to click away! if they want something they come to me i go into my family acct and transfer the exact amount of crowns they want! thats the best way to do it and dont blame wizard101 or ki for your own dum mistake because it is very easy to use 60,000 crowns in a few mins i know! and why should ki refund them back when you gave them to a kid and payed no attention to what your child was doing? now on the other hand before i started playing wizard101 or even knew about the game my grandson got ahold of our debit card and spent hundreds of dollars without us knowing ki refunded that because we had no idea but in your case you knew so why take it out on ki? pixie

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

I have one thing to say here which has dumbfounded me really from a buisness point of view.

Why is a "representitive"  (im guessing here) airing the customers laundry in public with this? the right thing to do is to mail him from the account mail not respond to him being upset about it on a public forum ffs..

The customer can rant and rage about it all he likes in public but the company on the other end should not do the same, its unprofesional. Its like if you are at work and you are the boss and need to give a employee a dressing down, you do not do it infront of the other staff, you take them into the office and close the effing door..

well you know what? i have never had a problem with ki and MY money until now! on 4/26/2012 i bought the massive family palace from the log in page on wizard101! when you do that it is instant you get what you buy in seconds! 3wks before that i bought the sultans palace from the same page and no sooner than i clicked buy i had my castle! but i DO NOT know whats going on now as i said i bought the massave fanticy palace on 4/26/2012 and almost 5 days later STILL DO NOT have my castle! i have emailed them several times and get the same answer there will be a circle on the left side of your screen with a present in the circle just click it to clame it omg the circle has NEVER showed up ever! so i emailed them again they said ck all my bps banks and shared bank i have over and over for god sakes its not there KI! I AM A ADULT been playing your game for yrs i know what the circle with a gift in it looks like I AM NOT DUMB IT IS NO WHERE BUT MY MONEY FOR IT IS IN YOUR POCKET! pixiewixie2
    wow what you said makes no SINCE what so ever i am a disabled adult who cant do much at all do you have something to say about me playing wizard101?
    really ki why the heck would i give ANYONE MY PASSWORD THATS JUST DUMB! I WAS HACKED I KNOW THAT FOR SURE I HAD A PERSON AS A FRIEND ON ALL 6 OF MY WIZARDS HE ASKED ME 1 DAY TO PORT TO HIS HOUSE SO I DID! THAN HE ASKED ME IF I WOULD STEAL PETS WITH HIM! I SAID NO WAY AND HOW CAN YOU DO THAT ANYWAY? HE EXPLAINED STEP BY STEP HOW YOU DO IT TO ME! THAN I LIED TO HIM AND SAID I HAD TO GO ANOTHERE FRIEND NEEDED HELP AS SOON AS I PORTED AWAY FROM HIM I TOOK HIM OFF ALL 6 OF MY WIZARDS FRIENDS LIST AND SINCE THAN AS FAR AS I KNOW I HAVE NOT HAD ANYMORE PETS STOLEN! I EVEN EMAILED YOU HIS NAME AND TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHAT HE ASKED ME TO DO WITH HIM AND TO HELP HIM! SO DONT ACCUSE ME OF GIVING MY PASSWORD TO ANYONE THATS JUST PLAIN DUMB DUMB DUMB! AND OMG I WAS ACTUALLY TAKING UP FOR YOU! SO DONT SAY YOUR GAME CANT BE HACKED BECAUSE IT CAN ANY GAME CAN IM SURE! PIXIEWIXIE2
  • lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

For anyone who has read this far, do not make any further comments on this thread.  You will likely be reported for trolling.

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• HeavyDuty4HeavyDuty4 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Yup, KI is notorious for Horrible Customer Service....

They even failed in Bribing people to vote them in for the Best Customer Service Award, and Gamers would do almost anything for an in game bribe.

It takes at least 2 tries it seems before someone who understands English enough to know what you want reads your request and even then they railroad you into questions that elicite a form letter responce....

Then you have to try all over again.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by KingsIsle
    When i wrote the first time i was not aware about what caused the decrease in crowns. Thetefore, i asumed that my son did something wrong. However, after i finished research i figured out that the same box was opened more than 40 times. Are you reasonable person to assyme that somebody was sitting and openning the box more than 40 times and getting in return the same item. There is no logic behind what you said. But since you are stubborn enough i will resolve it throu gh my bank. If i follow your logic than my son was sitting and clicking more than 40 times and got 2-3 the same item with home of get something soexial. LOL does not it sound fynny? We are way beyond that level and only one reason we could get their because he helped his friends. What's the reason to get items that are worse than what you can get now on a different level. I can assume that he opened it 1-2 times but not 40 and more. Where is your common sense?

Here is a complete list of the items he received during the two separate visits to Lord Nightshade's Chest. One at 9:52am and again at 10:22 am on the same day. 

It only takes less than a second to press the button to roll for the loot, and the item received is displayed after each roll. Lord Nightshade has the chance to drop a rare pet that is very sought after, however it is not a guaranteed drop. It is clear that the player used the Second Chance Chest 20 times on the first visit, then returned and tried another 22 times on the second visit. 

4/19/2011 9:52 Elven Pendant
    4/19/2011 9:52 Fine Jade Ring
    4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Bones
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Cloak
    4/19/2011 9:52 Reaper's Athame
    4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Hood
    4/19/2011 9:52 Trollskin Boots
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Robe
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Boots
    4/19/2011 9:52 Helm of Nightmares
    4/19/2011 9:52 Blue Banshee
    4/19/2011 10:22 Helm of Nightmares
    4/19/2011 10:22 Reaper's Athame
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Hood
    4/19/2011 10:22 Trollskin Boots
    4/19/2011 10:22 Fine Jade Ring
    4/19/2011 10:22 Dark Wood Crate
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Cowl
    4/19/2011 10:22 Branded Footguards
    4/19/2011 10:22 Elven Pendant
    4/19/2011 10:22 Lord Nightshade's Cloak
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Bones
    4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Bones
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Cloak
    4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Hood
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Robe
    4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Boots
    4/19/2011 9:52 Blue Banshee
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Hood
    4/19/2011 10:22 Dark Wood Crate
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Cowl
    4/19/2011 10:22 Branded Footguards
    4/19/2011 10:22 Elven Pendant
    4/19/2011 10:22 Lord Nightshade's Cloak
    4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Bones

Again, I'm sorry you did not receive the resolution you had hoped for, however we still hold to our policy of not refunding real or virtual currency for in-game purchases.

Does anyone else find this fairly unprofessional?

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Does anyone else find this fairly unprofessional?

I don't want to respond to a necro'd thread, but...I'm not sure what about that response is supposed to be unprofessional? Should the entire thing probably be in KI's internal support channels? Sure. But if the OP is going to drag this all over a third party forum, a solid rebuttal in the same thread is probably the best choice in terms of saving face for the company.

<3