Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Playerbase

13»

Comments

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

It is easy to claim over two million accounts when a free trial is available. This number does not reflect current, paying subscribers. While there are many trial characters in the low level areas, there definitely has been a significant decline in the subscribed playerbase, and a visit to the Rift O-boards will reveal the discussions about low populated/dead servers and the relief that is coming via the free-to-transfer system coming in Patch 1.3 in early summer.

I currently play on the Wolfsbane server and the rerolls (from players fleeing their dead/dying servers) we are getting has contributed to much longer queue times. I am hoping that a well managed transfer system will help all players in the long run.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

The only thing known for certain about subscribers is that there were over one million subs at the beginning of March. This info was released by Trion. This is also in line with previous big releases (ala 1.5 million for Age of Conan). 

Normally, companies are forced to release sub info to their stockholders. Trion is not public and has some large backers behind them. However, with no public finicial reports availible, determining subs would be very hard.  

• oscarianoscarian Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by Xasapis

Originally posted by Kuppa

Source?

People probably just noticed the incrementing number on their account. Doesn't mean much in the same way the 1M Trion announced a while back doesn't mean much either. All those trial accounts probably raised the count to that number.

@ Xasapis, I apologise for my ignorance, but how is this an answer to the question?

Point being, why post meaningless speculation when you could alternatively, not post.

/Oscarian

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by catlana

The only thing known for certain about subscribers is that there were over one million subs at the beginning of March. This info was released by Trion. This is also in line with previous big releases (ala 1.5 million for Age of Conan). 

Normally, companies are forced to release sub info to their stockholders. Trion is not public and has some large backers behind them. However, with no public finicial reports availible, determining subs would be very hard.  

No.

There was "1 million accounts", meaning anyone who signed up for any reason... to post in a forum, hopeful early beta access, etc.

The general assumption (general assumptions being far worse than assumptions) is that a company who would so eagerly brag about 1 million accounts would just as eagly brag about that many subscriptions.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

So...in conclusion. No one knows :)

• QuasimojoQuasimojo Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by sebbonx

"Only" about 200 times that play the crappy SOE line up this website trumpets for some stupid reason. I am glad to see another successful non-SOE game while confused people here cry for a return to crappy EQ 1999 the rest of us know these new games are way better.

GO GO GO RIFT !!!

...and  you're play them for six months - if that - then bitch because you're bored.  I've played EQ off and on for TEN YEARS.  I tried everything else.  It's all just casual crap.

It would be very interesting to see some number showing the percentage of player from the various MMORPG's that stuck with the game long-term compared to the turnover rates.

• melton80melton80 Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by oddel321

To all those wondering what the rift population currently is and wondering if its going steady or not here is my two cents.I play on Tearfall currently level 47 and have no problem at all getting groups or raids together.The server is one of the more lower pop servers.During primetime it is mostly medium-high.During off peak hours it is low-medium.On high population servers we are still getting 30 minute to 1 hour ques.

Now, I would like to add that over the weekend.Trion hit over 2 million accounts(this does mean 2 million active accounts) It is hard to pinpoint how many subs there are as we dont have data to tell us what is low, what is medium, what is high.But I can say that im completely comf playing on a server on offpeak hours that sometimes hits low as I still can get a 15-20 man raid group together to wipe an invasion.I would like to also add alot of people dont realise that they added servers much after release.But to be honest this is not a thread to try to guess subs; because it would just be a guess.Its to say ya, if you try it out and you like it dont worry.There are many people that play this game.And if they work good on there content I can see it keep growing.

These numbers mean nothing at all, i am 1 of them registered and never even played the game, just cause you register for the game, doesnt mean you played it, and im sure i'm not the only one. That 2 million is register users on their gamesite, not game accounts.