Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: May Community Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Herald now features the May Community Update. The latest post goes into some detail about the June release of patch v1.4.3 which will feature a new event called "Sigmar Tide". While the rest of the 1.4.3 patch will be available "soon" on the PTS, Sigmar Tide will not be featured so as to avoid spoilers.

The event ‘Sigmar Tide’ will introduce a new scenario to WAR. The College of Corruption is the attempt of the Chaos to infiltrate the Empire and corrupt it from within. Inside players fight over the control of the college while the Aqshy Activators can be used to manifest Aspects of Fire – a being of pure fire which is temporarily controlled by the player with four special abilities.

The College of Corruption scenario will be open to players of all tiers for the duration of the event, and NPCs will give the players quests to complete while in the scenario. Additionally to the College of Corruption players can seek out the Altars of Sigmar in open RvR and gain a blessing to improve their offense (by sacrificing a bit of their defense) if they possess a Skull of the Fallen.

Read more of the May Community Update on the Warhammer Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Would'nt suprise me if they give some free time to former players around the event dates and then annouce a f2play  model of some sort  in the works by mid july .

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

AoC is going f2p, DDO/ LOTRO already went, Tera comming out "soon". I think that f2p is the best solution for Warhammer (as well as 3rd side of conflict) but it can be hard, as the game is pvp oriented implementing cash shop could be hard.

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Tera isn't F2P.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

How many actually still play this game ? They really have no other option to go f2p at this point. 

• CompwiztCompwizt Member UncommonPosts: 9

I would play if it was f2p.  I like the game, jut there isn't enough to do for a month to make subing worth it.

Hello, Yes and Goodbye.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by SaintViktor

How many actually still play this game ? They really have no other option to go f2p at this point. 

Down to 2 US servers, and what, 4 EU?

Can't believe it's not F2P.  But then again, they have 2? people working on it?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

EA/Bioware have apparently pulled all real development support for this game, which has been the case for a long while now.

Had they really kept working at it, I think they could have turned this title around, because the game really did have some great parts to it.  It needed more nurturing, as AoC has gotten.  Instead, it has been allowed to languish and die on EA/Bioware's watch.

With that type of stewardship, everyone should hope that SWTOR launches really well, because they've proven they will abandon a project if trouble arises.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• JormungaandJormungaand Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Rohn

EA/Bioware have apparently pulled all real development support for this game, which has been the case for a long while now.

Had they really kept working at it, I think they could have turned this title around, because the game really did have some great parts to it.  It needed more nurturing, as AoC has gotten.  Instead, it has been allowed to languish and die on EA/Bioware's watch.

With that type of stewardship, everyone should hope that SWTOR launches really well, because they've proven they will abandon a project if trouble arises.

Everyone knew that the game was in trouble when MJ got canned. And it was in maintenance mode when Mythic got rolled into Bioware. Looking back on it, I think the biggest problem WAR had was the producers. How Hickman and Barnett are still employed at EA is a mystery. Adam Gershowitz has proved in Rift that he still has no clue what he's doing. Carrie's grand fix was Rat skins DLC.

The game finally looks like it's heading in the right direction now that it's basically run by 2 devs. Too bad it'll either take them too long to implement any real changes or just be a next to impossible task. And it doesn't matter since most people won't return to or even try a game that is so obviously dieing.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Why I hate f2p? Because at the end of month I have discovered many times that I have spent more money for crippled game that I would with monthly fee and got all inclusive. My first disgusting experience about f2p goes to Rappelz. Yeah, you could "play" without spending a cent. If you could miss (already scarce) quests, wait half hour for health to regen, .... and all this with insane lag where between one step and next one litteraly passed up to 30 secs.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by daltanious

Why I hate f2p? Because at the end of month I have discovered many times that I have spent more money for crippled game that I would with monthly fee and got all inclusive. My first disgusting experience about f2p goes to Rappelz. Yeah, you could "play" without spending a cent. If you could miss (already scarce) quests, wait half hour for health to regen, .... and all this with insane lag where between one step and next one litteraly passed up to 30 secs.

Have you actually played the DDO/lotro model . You do still have the choice to subscribe you know ? That way you get access to all the content and credits to spend in the stores . I think your refering to the asian  cash shop free to play model which is totally different as it does'nt offer you the subscriber option .

I think its coming for this game . Sooner rather than later . Shame Tabula Rasa did'nt get the F2play option before closing . But if Hellgate can return from the grave you never know .