Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 360 experience

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

What is it like ? I played FFXI before but I was wondering how many play this on the 360. Also if anyone can share the FFXI 360 experience would be a major plus. So if anyone out there uses a 360 for his by all means lets hear it. :)

Comments

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

I played it on the xbox back in 08, it's the same game and servers I believe so there isn't really any difference apart from the fact that you use a controller which is tbh the best way to control the game.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I really don't like FFXI on the PC, even with a gamepad.  The framerate is locked at 29 frames a second, and the graphics really aren't designed for today's high resolution monitors, so certain things like various lighting fixtures and the sky look incredibly pixelated.

Well I hope it's not too bad, I just bought it to try

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Guess you don't know the texture increase fix? You can go in the registries and make everything crystal clear on higher resolutions.

Originally posted by Draron

Guess you don't know the texture increase fix? You can go in the registries and make everything crystal clear on higher resolutions.

Sounds good, I'm really looking forward to start.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Draron

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, and even after you tweak those settings (a negative in itself), the UI still looks stretched, and the pixelated lighting and sky textures which I talked about existed even after applying the fix. 

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

My guess is you're talking about this http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics ?

If you are, I recommend trying it out. As far as the xbox 360 goes it's better than the ps2 obviously but unless you have a pc that was built before ffxi came out in 2003 it will never be able to match what you can do on the pc especially when using the info in that link above.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

It sounds somewhat encouraging. I'll be loading it up sometime this week on the Asura server. 

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Do you have to have a LIVE gold account to play or do silver accounts work?

Was thinking about hopping back on this game and buying the new collection for 360, but if you need a LIVE sub, I'm just going to play on ps3. I HATED the PC version.

• ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

You dont need a gold account.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Zinefri

You dont need a gold account.

Cool, thanks for the info!

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Can't speak for now, but years ago when the UI lacked many useful elements (and probably still does), addons were the only way to get them.

Addons like TPartly, Blinkmenot, and omg, Spellcast.

PC + xbox controller with usb adapter = amazing awesome experience.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Finally got my copy today in the mail. Going to load up on Asura tonight!