Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best upcoming MMOs?

Comments

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by elocke

Archeage

GW2

SWTOR

The Secret World

World of Darkness

Good list. SWtOR - The Secret World - GW2 in that order for me. Will check out Archage but the open world PvP usually means most development and expansions (resources)  will go to the PvP and that isn't my interest. Many aspects of the game (what I have found so far) are very interesting with potential so will keep in touch with home page of the game. SWTOR/TSW will be my certain buys unless something drastic happens.

Some good games are coming this year so I would suggest you take some time and check out the home pages off the game list here. Hope to see you folks in game (whichever one you choose). OBTW - don't let the game haters and trolls put you off from checking out these games. Looks like a good crop. Read the reviews for a reasonably balanced look at them (mostly).

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

All is good except the Asian ones....just dislike them..

So no way Archeage

Waiting on GW2 :)

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• GW2 - I like the variety of things to do and the way abilities work between characters during battles.  I also think that this will be the most polished of the releases.  My husband was more into GW1 than I was but I still had fun off and on over the years with it - it's very nice that there is no subscription.

ArcheAge - Usually have problems with asian MMOs because of the way the characters look but hey have you seen the video that includes both villages being built and ships being built?  I also like the way their characters work - not really skill based but not really class based, kind of a combo thing.

SWTOR - I'm one of those who can't get over SWG NGE, and ever since I heard some of the same folks involved in that from Lucas Arts are involved with SWTOR I've tried to ignore it.  But who am I kidding SWG was my first MMO because it was Star Wars, will at least try out SWTOR for 30 days (I never have enough discipline to wait for a free trial).

Blade and Soul - Unsure about this one since Archeage came on my radar.  I love playing martial artist type characters so this is still sort of on my radar.

Terra looks to be too twitch based for me.

EVE - Walking in Stations (not Captain Quarters) might actually get me to play EVE, it's taking them forever to get it done though.

Not sure any of the other stuff folks have been mentioning is actually coming out any time soon.  And most of the stuff listed above I'm guessing won't be out this year.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

Guild Wars Two

Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Secret World

And further down the road- Warhammer 40k.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I am looking forward to:

- Star Wars : The Old Republic

- EverQuest "Next" (probably not the final name)

- World of Darkness Online (only vague rumors of this so far)

• AstoranAstoran Member Posts: 27

I would say...

GW2 - for people looking for the most complete and polished game

SWTOR - for people looking for a solid game that is similar enough to the typical mmo model with a few differences (Don't mistake this for me calling it a WoW clone). Oh and and also star wars fans.

ArcheAge - for people craving the hard to find "sandbox" experience

• Elpresador69Elpresador69 Member Posts: 36

SWTOR looks absolutely stellar. I don't think I've seen such one sided competition when it comes the SWTOR and GW2. GW2 looks average at best. I feel sorry for the consumers creaming over it...

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

"TERA"

"World of Darkness"...that is all

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

TOR & GW2 are not far off and look true AAA themepark mmos so that covers that base.Firefall for F2P could be ok as well as shooter.

For mobile: O&C is out already v polished wow-clone and Blackstar should step up mmobiles quality also. Wish I knew of a decent sandbox but ArchAge looks like a good themepark with sandbox elements although I still have reservations about it (not informed except Cry graphics which I'm not a big fan of tbh!).

Sandbox anyone??

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I'm mostly looking forward to Archeage right now. At this time I have yet to learn anything that turns me off the game, but I'm aware of the fact that can change. I would have been looking forward to TERA until I found out about the combat. I like tab targeting I already have plenty of FPS games.

With that said, I occasionally take one eye off of AA and look at GW2, it's looking to be a lot of fun but I can't see it becoming my one and only mmo. It really has a lot features that would merit spending the intial money on it if only to play every once and a while.

Also, I know it's already released (though whether is should have been is still up for debate) I look back into FFXIV, that game isn't worth my time now but if they can pull their head out and get some stuff fixed maybe I'll jump back in with a PS3 release. IF they fix 99% of the stuff wrong with it and that's a lot.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

I'm interested in:

GW2: B2P is the only reason really, lol. However, I'm sick of typical medievalish, Germanic, norse mythology based fantasy games. Do Western Devs know how to make other fantasy types?

Secret World: The modern fantasy theme interests me. However, I don't like horror too much :(.

SWTOR: I like star wars. I want to play a sci-fi mmo that isn't stuck in space (eve). Really want to play a trooper or Bounty Hunter. However, so far it hasn't excited me enough to say I would want to pay a sub for.

TERA: Looks like fun action. The world interests me. Love the art style. However, it also doesn't excite me enough to pay a sub for.

Nothing else coming out soon really interests me, I know many are hyped about this year, but I'm certainly not.  World of Darkness interests me a bit: a sandbox (maybe?) made by a proven company that is on the ground, however I'm sick of vampires/werewolves and similar stuff in all forms of entertainment. I also am interested in Blizzards Titan, it could be awesome, as I've enjoyed most Blizz games, but it could be the "facebook" mmo, so I'm a little scared.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Most anticipated to least...

SWTOR

TSW

WoD

Tera

Archage

GW2

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Guild Wars

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Archage is the one and only on my radar.  Given up on the AV Darkfall dev team ability.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

gw 2...not really what I d want of a MMO, but looks like a good game, which means I can get peeps to play it

archeage

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

I am going to have to go with the crowd and say Archage. Should be pretty epic.

• SnowmechSnowmech Member Posts: 1

Earthrise is cool give it a shot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

Originally posted by Kuppa

Wow, Im impressed with number of people actually mentioning ArcheAge. I guees there is more info out there about this game than what I thought, I have only found a few things here and there and although it looks promising I haven't seen enough info to want it that badly.

For me its GW2 I loved GW and this game looks VERY promising.

We're all hoping or Archage because they haven't revealed enough about the game so there isn't a large continegent of people on these forums who have already written it off as something they won't be playing.

As more info gets known, that'll be changing. For now its all about "the promise" don't ya know.

In my case I've already learned enough about Tera, GW2 and TOR to make me have doubts that they are anything worth leaving EVE for, other than a short term diversion which is fun to do from time to time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Kyleran

Wow, Im impressed with number of people actually mentioning ArcheAge. I guees there is more info out there about this game than what I thought, I have only found a few things here and there and although it looks promising I haven't seen enough info to want it that badly.

We're all hoping or Archage because they haven't revealed enough about the game so there isn't a large continegent of people on these forums who have already written it off as something they won't be playing.

As more info gets known, that'll be changing. For now its all about "the promise" don't ya know.

In my case I've already learned enough about Tera, GW2 and TOR to make me have doubts that they are anything worth leaving EVE for, other than a short term diversion which is fun to do from time to time.

Did you just say GW2 wasn't worth it? Wow this has got to be the first person to diss the realease of GW2 and totaly ignore its coming value to the MMO world.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by Shrilly

Did you just say GW2 wasn't worth it? Wow this has got to be the first person to diss the realease of GW2 and totaly ignore its coming value to the MMO world.

Well so far it has several changes that are much anticipated by the greater fan base.... but not by me so much. I was not a fan of GW1, I remain skeptical that a 'real' MMORPG can be delivered with the B2P model, I enjoy playing healers and trinity style class distinction and I enjoy MMO's that reward players for things besides twitch skills. (Because I don't have any). So like I said, might not be a game for me, but I wasn't dissing the game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

Guild Wars 2

Secret World

D&D Neverwinter

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I will wait until NEXT year before I decide what game to play that was released this year.  Ask me in 2012 what 2011 MMO game I am playing.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Well so far it has several changes that are much anticipated by the greater fan base.... but not by me so much. I was not a fan of GW1, I remain skeptical that a 'real' MMORPG can be delivered with the B2P model, I enjoy playing healers and trinity style class distinction and I enjoy MMO's that reward players for things besides twitch skills. (Because I don't have any). So like I said, might not be a game for me, but I wasn't dissing the game.

I'd rather be rewarded for twitch skills than the amount of time I sink into the game. I'm not saying twitch skills are or aren't the way to go, but what I appreciate the most about Guild Wars is a focus away from leveling and raiding for equipment. There's certainly no reason to get excited about a game just because others are. I'm curious what things are players typically rewarded for other than sinking in time? Twitch skills of course and I could also see social skills in a game like Eve. Aside from that most MMOs are a pretty basic affair to play.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

SWTOR

GW2

Secret World

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• sfly2000sfly2000 Member Posts: 168