Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Latest Forecast Issued

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest edition of 'RiftWatch" featuring Kate Wentzel is now live with the most up to date forecast for the weekend's Rift activity. The RiftWatch series is a new advertising scheme cooked up by the Trion team...and it's pretty clever too.

Click the image to check out RiftWatch #2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

/facepalm

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Wasn't she in Titanic?

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

lol wtf

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Check out the youtube comments:

"I'd like to open her Rift.. If you know what i mean."

and

"It looks like she fell asleep in a solarium. Horrible.."

I got more kicks from the comments then i did the video.

Currently Playing:

• MarkusanMarkusan Member Posts: 92

I guess Trion are more into the marketing side than the game development side of things......

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

And I guess those that can, do. Those that can't, bitch on forums.

Was that the coolest thing I ever saw? Nope. Do they get props for trying something a little different? Yep.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by korvass

And I guess those that can, do. Those that can't, bitch on forums.

Was that the coolest thing I ever saw? Nope. Do they get props for trying something a little different? Yep.

Agreed

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Idea: 9.0

Execution: 3.0

Shame.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Whats the point?
    Do they really get a single person playing their game for this?

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

It had a little bit of a groan factor, but the idea was there.

Props for creativity.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Wasn't she in Titanic?

No that was Kate Winslet.

Apparently Kate Wentzel is a real person who handles weather reports in south florida.

Which leads me to believe that Telara is somewhere around South Florida?

hmmmm....

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

Wasn't she in Titanic?

Apparently Kate Wentzel is a real person who handles weather reports in south florida.

hmmmm....

So then it really is actually 100% without a doubt for certain not in Azeroth anymore?

I like their new ad. "JOIN OUR HORDE". They're bound and determined to keep the comparison front and center to their branding.

(PS: I'm aware Blizzard doesn't own the copyright on "Horde", nor does anyone.)

(PPS: I knew it was Kate Winslet. I had to read Wentzel twice to realize it wasn't Winslet.)

It'd like Marvel running ads "Our men our superer and women more woundrous.". Oh and "The crazy ones are the battiest you'll find."

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Wasn't she in Titanic?

hmmmm....

To get to Telara you have to go through the Water Rift in the Bermuda Triangle.  Anyways, I thought it was pretty funny.  Always nice to see something new and different...unlike movies now days, they're ALL old comic book remakes...

I saw Amelia Earhart in Telara the other day. Coinsidence, maybe.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

This is clearly a video where the nakednews style would have made it even better image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

I agree with only a few that posted, I found it silly. I like they tried "something" different. Kinda sorta similar to Blizzard doing MT. Dew commercials with hot chics changing into toons and fighting it out.  I give them props for trying, and would watch more tries in the future. 

• Nice way to market. I don't play Rift but everything I see I like so I don't get the negativity but then every game I play or check out is filled with it. To those that like Rift I'm jealous I'm not playing it and to those that like to slam things:  Lighten up...

Originally posted by Syllendale

I agree with only a few that posted, I found it silly. I like they tried "something" different. Kinda sorta similar to Blizzard doing MT. Dew commercials with hot chics changing into toons and fighting it out.  I give them props for trying, and would watch more tries in the future. 

I miss Mtn Dew game fuel.. And it REALLY sucks that White Out won the last dewmocracy and not Typhoon.. But maybe they'll bring it back as a game fuel or something one of these days..

With that said im enjoying rift a lot.. love the game.. didn't think so much of this comercial or w/e you call it lol.. Maybe if she actually went into REAL stuff that was happening on Rift i'd get it more, maybe like an event forecast or something.. To me this was just sorta like a trailer or comercial, and a poor one at that.

Currently Playing:

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

This is clearly a video where the nakednews style would have made it even better image

Ever seen the South Park ep on "Sex Addiction"?

"How many of you said the jacket she was wearing is red?"

"Ok, ok. Good, very good."

"How many of you said 'What jacket?'"

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

I found a Lol out of this, and it was pretty clever. Why is everyone knocking it, the point of any advertisement is to make you remember it,  I'm pretty sure this accomplishes that it's so unique,.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

The thing that bugs me most about this is that this would be the 'forecast' every day, cause really that's all that happens with this game. Random rifts, pop up.. every ... day...... snore.........

Either way this video almost highlights that, to me anyways. 

• darlok6666darlok6666 Member Posts: 211

Wasn't she in Titanic?

hmmmm....

So then it really is actually 100% without a doubt for certain not in Azeroth anymore?

I like their new ad. "JOIN OUR HORDE". They're bound and determined to keep the comparison front and center to their branding.

(PS: I'm aware Blizzard doesn't own the copyright on "Horde", nor does anyone.)

(PPS: I knew it was Kate Winslet. I had to read Wentzel twice to realize it wasn't Winslet.)

It'd like Marvel running ads "Our men our superer and women more woundrous.". Oh and "The crazy ones are the battiest you'll find."

Actually when I saw their new ad was thinking the same thing.  Not only was there the big "We're not in Azerothth anymore" which ironically you still are in Azeroth considering how much they Copied and Pasted WoW but now their doing the "Horde" effect?  "Join our Ascended" would have been much better as that is the theme of Rift, instead they use any kind of word that people associate with WoW to try to catch people's attention. 

Seriously take a conference with BW or ANet if your that much lacking in creativity and seriously need help, hell even WoW Devs have better creativity and that's saying something as they've been downhill on that.

I wouldn't take conference with BW as a lot of their mechanics are very copy and paste from WoW too.. GW2 look's like its gonna be in a leauge of its own though, i expect a lot of creativity from ANET.. I also expect BW to incoporate a good story in their MMO, just not any kind of new mechanics.

Currently Playing:

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

It was pretty clever for a 6 and 30 second little advert.

Kind features the main point of their game in a very sort amount of time. Only other way they could have pulled it off would have been to create a jingle.

And I thought she pulled that off too smoothly for an actress, firgured she had to have some broadcasting experience somewhere along the line. Didnt know she was a real weather forcaster.

LOL

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

Fuck Rift.. This shit is gettn just plain retarded.