Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game reset every so often?

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

I heard this game resets every once in a while.  Is that true?

Comments

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

Also, can we learn all skills or are we limited to 3 or something?

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by mastersomrat

Also, can we learn all skills or are we limited to 3 or something?

From what i remember of this game, yes the servers reset at the end of every telling. Bringing everyone back to start.

As for the skills, no they are not limited by how many you can get.

I think they are limited by three factors.

Factor one is if your a high enough level

Factor two if it's at a school you need the proper tution (these are depicted by the items you need when you go to learn the skill) provided you meet factor 1's requirment.

Factor three (or rather 2a) if it's a university then it's based on if the skill is unlocked. After the required materials are collected from all the players, it is then unlocked and free to grab by any player provided they meet factor 1.

Edit: some skills like acrobat are gotten by starting the test of the same name.  Thus unlocking that skill.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

Then at reset, all players loss everything?  Building, items and skills?

• glibdudglibdud Member Posts: 3

Correct. The world is wiped, there's a short beta period to test new content, then the next telling begins from scratch. The only thing you get from past tellings is a title (mostly meaningless, except that you need to meet people with certain types of titles for one of the initiations).

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

so in a few words..the ones who can afford more game time, will win more . Great and fair gaming my ass. And they have this on subscription? Why don't they make a mini shop so i can boost my XP ? Some have time,some have a wallet!  :)

• glibdudglibdud Member Posts: 3

Well, if you want to go the "buying a win" route, there's no limit on how many paying accounts you can run, and macroing is condoned (as long as you're at the computer watching it), so you can set up and build up stockpiles of basic materials pretty quick. Also, there have been a couple of occasions where players have tried to sell in-game stuff for real money on their own. The devs don't seem to have a problem with that, but much (not all) of the player community looks down on it.

But Tale is a very different game. It's not like WoW where a level 10 character is always instadead against a level 50. There are elements of real skill, strategy, and social networking. If you know what you're doing, you can make a small amount of real time go very, very far.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by glibdud

Well, if you want to go the "buying a win" route, there's no limit on how many paying accounts you can run, and macroing is condoned (as long as you're at the computer watching it), so you can set up and build up stockpiles of basic materials pretty quick. Also, there have been a couple of occasions where players have tried to sell in-game stuff for real money on their own. The devs don't seem to have a problem with that, but much (not all) of the player community looks down on it.

But Tale is a very different game. It's not like WoW where a level 10 character is always instadead against a level 50. There are elements of real skill, strategy, and social networking. If you know what you're doing, you can make a small amount of real time go very, very far.

After level 12, levels stop really mattering and you get to level 7 by finishing the basic initiations.

The concept of 'winning ATitD' is pretty silly as even the most dedicated players can only accomplish a fraction of the activities in the game.  Most just focus on few choice areas.