Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions.

Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

-Hey all i am thinking of buying this game, but i would like to know how is the population adn activity in it? is it alive and you can get into groups and do stuff with people? i dont want to buy it and play solo most of the time (im talking about higher levels of course), thanks in advance for any info :)

Comments

• CyrosphereCyrosphere Member Posts: 105

The game utilizes heavy instancing, as the belief behind the original design was to not make people competitively spawn camp objectives. That said, one of the most important elements to this game is joining 'global channels' which the community has set up, look under the CoH server forum subeaders depending on where you plan to play.

Population's healthy, but if you're one of those doomsayers who won't play unless the tutorial zone is lagging, head to Virtue or Freedom. I'd suggest a little more reading depending on if latency is an issue, as the servers are (for now) split between East and West Coast US, and EU. Justice is the unofficial Pacific/Aussie/Kiwi server.

Team interface (hell the entire UI) is probably one of the most user friendly of all MMO's out there.

Remember, it has to be fun to be a game. Grinding is a bedroom activity, and the point is definitely not to do my wife as fast as possible.

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

-Thanks :) that help a lot, i really am tired of wow and playing this might do the trick, who know i might be more into this game than wow.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

The doomsayers will, as usual, maintain that the game is dying or dead... Ignore them: on most servers I usually get at least 2 invites per session, often within minutes of logging on. Pickup groups are pretty common and work out pretty well, unless you manage to hook up with a complete moron. Group composition is not as critical as some games, so don't get hung up on "holy trinities". Besides being able to self-heal and self-rez using "Inspirations", anyone can pick up limited healing powers. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Defender = healer; they are actually a buffing/debuffing class. The Empathic power set is pure buffing/healing, while Trick Arrow is pure debuff with no heals at all; most Defender sets fall between these extremes.

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

Originally posted by CasualMaker

The doomsayers will, as usual, maintain that the game is dying or dead... Ignore them: on most servers I usually get at least 2 invites per session, often within minutes of logging on. Pickup groups are pretty common and work out pretty well, unless you manage to hook up with a complete moron. Group composition is not as critical as some games, so don't get hung up on "holy trinities". Besides being able to self-heal and self-rez using "Inspirations", anyone can pick up limited healing powers. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Defender = healer; they are actually a buffing/debuffing class. The Empathic power set is pure buffing/healing, while Trick Arrow is pure debuff with no heals at all; most Defender sets fall between these extremes.

-Tnx :) this is good info, im gonna try 7 day trial now and if i like the game im buying it in few days for sure :P