Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what a nice fail game...

IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

so, i pull up a key from mmorpg. figure what the hell, give it a try. graphics look alittle older something like 2000-2003ish

but who cares right gameplay and enjoyment are more important..

so i sign up put the key in and going with mmorpg's directions i spend the next 2hrs trying to magically find the client download...

gets late, i give up i wait until tomorrow... turns out their site admin can find the link no problem on their main page but anyone else is screwed... owell they claim to fix it.. i go back, click download... says its a 1000kb+ file instantly downloaded. im like SWEET... i go and screw around in minecraft for awhile.. figure try the game go to install and.....

not once but 3 popups come up saying i have no net... YET the funny thing, here i am typing on it EXACTLY 3 minutes after closing the last popup. 

the stupid little client download.. doesnt work. iv "downloaded" it twice now its a 1.95mb file (no were near a client) so my guess is, they are doing some stupid cheap P2P setup and the server is offline.... OR they cant even put up the client...

so not only do they waste my time trying to find their download menu's on their site(s) the download client doesnt download the client its basicly a 1.95mb .exe popup that tells you, hey you have no net even though YOU JUST downloaded this.. again...

all in all.... i am not overly impressed, i may try this stupid game out again later or maybe ill just go back to TF2 or minecraft or hell maybe ill sign up to WoW... i get enough phushing emails from them....

if you bothered to read all this... you must be bored like i am....  i know the "gold" date is 15th but they claim the key is good for their final beta which is happening now.. least of all the client should be downloadable even if their user server is not... 

Comments

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Ichmen

not once but 3 popups come up saying i have no net... YET the funny thing, here i am typing on it EXACTLY 3 minutes after closing the last popup.

Yo

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i have it thanks.  while i have hit download client errors in the past, generally with the post-alpha early beta games.  while i understand this game is not 100% complete... one would come to expect, if you click a button called "download client" you would download the client or be able to.

best part of it all though, every time i says i have no net.. im either on my browser or talking to someone on a chat program

oh and to make it clear the popups are from the install .exe for the game.. not from anything else, the game installer  all 1.95mbs of it claim i have no net... EVEN if i do the install via my chrome download menu RIGHT after it finishes downloading (magically the game claims in the 0.03 seconds it takes to finish and me to click the button... my net vanishes...)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Maybe you should try again on or after May 11, when the game is released?

• lonewolfx44lonewolfx44 Member Posts: 1

I had no problems. You fail.

• ArzacaneArzacane Member UncommonPosts: 24

I have found some glitches, but I will wait until release to make a final judgment. For some reason, chat doesn't seem to work. Even chatting with the NPCs aside from picking topics. And their help button doesn't work. Well, it hasn't for me atleast. But I will wait and see.

• RenoRoscoRenoRosco Member Posts: 2

lol,

I also tried to download the game and found no link or button to it. So i tired to enter client.php and download.php after the root site. And tada it works. loaded the client without problems. but after i got installed and wanted to play a bit i cant login in the game. Tried it several times over an time period of 4h. I just cant login.

Maybe i try it again when it is offical released but i got a really bad taste until now

well they seemed to have had issues with their download hyperlink. reading their forums, their site admin could see it but most people who used the free key's could not :/  but the download doesnt seem to work lolol. 

but as its the 8th, may as well just wait for the 12th to download.. 

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

No idea what happen to you but i litterly just did it like 5 minutes ago and i am downloading the client as we speak....................

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

Originally posted by syrusmag3

No idea what happen to you but i litterly just did it like 5 minutes ago and i am downloading the client as we speak....................

maybe they fixed it now. i dont know i downloaded last night, and again today at noon-2pm. both files were only 1.95mb and didnt do squat so who knows.

was your starting download (from under accounts) only 1.95mb?? or was it a larger file?

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

It was the same or a little larger it downladed and i went to my downladed files and then clicked on it and it brought a installer up for me

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

found the premium key giveaway, told myself why not.

1. link to download client is for a DL manager called "pango media booster" or similar.

2. the exe does not have a clue about system wide proxy settings (control panel/internet options/connections). had to tunel it out via a transparent proxy application.

3. loads and loads of cmd.exe windows flashing by. looks realy shady.

4. actual client installer is 920MB.

5. send a mail to their support with a complaint about stupid client distribution method

The good thing for me is, it should work in Linux/Wine without major issues. I hope the game is better than the client download.

interesting... well i redownloaded it, even set it as "admin" and still it claims i have no net. 

im not about to jump through hops to get some F2P wanna be game to install... rather suprised that they designed an installer like this.

may try to run it in IEx64 but i have little faith in that working, when my chrome doesnt seem to make it run either

-edit- well finally got it to work, had to go in to comodo (my firewall) its self and set the exe as totally allowed and junk before it poped up saying it was connecting to the net...  though i dislike having pango media booster on my system (i dont like P2P programs that i dont really get a say in its seeding..) but we shall see...

download speed is decent enough ... still rather stumped as to why my firewall didnt detect it, to begin with

• RaduerielRadueriel Member Posts: 57

Like many of you I decided to give this a game a go. As soon as I hit download client my Nortons 360 immediatly stops the downloaded stating that a threat was found! Aerrevan.dl.exe Apparently is a threat. Can't say if this is a false positive but the new Nortons has worked very well for me.

Guess I will wait a few days and see if anything changes. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by haplo602

found the premium key giveaway, told myself why not.

1. link to download client is for a DL manager called "pango media booster" or similar.

Yeah, Pando isn't very friendly.  I would think any distributor would also put a torrent up considering they're ideal for burst demand situations.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by Radueriel

Like many of you I decided to give this a game a go. As soon as I hit download client my Nortons 360 immediatly stops the downloaded stating that a threat was found! Aerrevan.dl.exe Apparently is a threat. Can't say if this is a false positive but the new Nortons has worked very well for me.

Guess I will wait a few days and see if anything changes. 

as my avg didnt get that, i would assume its a false possitive. all the exe is, is the installer for pango which then "torrents" the game download/install.

while the game download is pretty decent for speed (i had 800kb-1mb speed) i frankly hate pango lol least it can be uninstalled

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I understand your frustration and im sorry about that but i never understand why people make posts saying the game fails when they never even played it.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Originally posted by monstermmo

I understand your frustration and im sorry about that but i never understand why people make posts saying the game fails when they never even played it.

well the game clearly fails, if you cant even download and install to try the game... last time i had something like that, i was trying to run NetWAR an old FPS on dialup without knowning it needed net lolol owell

i still think this game fails, while i have managed to play it roughly.... (my game went insane graphically.. black screen and odd texture boxes) im not overly impressed at all at this stage for a game that has had its release.. it still seems plagued by bugs and errors that should have been found/fixed during internal QnA before alpha stages... 

currently trying to patch the game (as i gave up on it a few days... for some reason the patcher is looking in my windows temps for the install directory... which i do not agree with or quite frankly enjoy.... there should be an automatic detected location for the patcher... like most games have.... given its on my 2nd drive and not my OS drive... its rather annoying watching it scan all of my harddrives...

overall, its not that impressive graphically or stablity wise.. but ill suffer it awhile longer before removing it, if it keeps giving me random graphic hickups ill most likely pull it.. more then enough free games with Dx10 graphics (and no the graphic problems are not from my card.. other then i think having it set to max settings which may not be supported by their own code O_o)