Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Activity Report - May 6th, 2011

The Darkfall team has released its activity report for May, 2011. The new Siege System seems to take center stage, alongside a reworking of dungeons, new work to the lighting system and more. Check it out for all of the details.

The worldbuilder team has been hard at work with the remake of the dungeons and fixes related to this. They’ve been testing the new lighting system out and have also been testing the new spawns placed around the world. They have concluded the remaking of clan cities and hamlets and are going to start testing these as well.

Read the whole Activity Report over at the Darkfall official website.

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Nothing on the new UI yet?

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

You guys are slipping, its been 2 months since your last darkfall topic. You need to get back to your biweekly updates on this juggernaut.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Originally posted by finnmacool1

You guys are slipping, its been 2 months since your last darkfall topic. You need to get back to your biweekly updates on this juggernaut.

Why should they ? There is hardly anything to report, except that Darkfall 2010 is not here yet...

• chiksochikso Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Yamota

Nothing on the new UI yet?

The new UI is coming with the expansion. Something I have noticed after reading every darkfall blog for a few months now is that they are saying the same things over and over again and they are delaying patches a lot. Their deadline for the expansion was also "early Q2" and no sign of it coming out yet, they've also promised a sample for the new sound system which is yet to come.

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

The races look neat but too bad you're forced into a first person perspective and don't even get to see your charactar. Least I recall it being like that initially but maybe (they should) they changed that.

• chiksochikso Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

The races look neat but too bad you're forced into a first person perspective and don't even get to see your charactar. Least I recall it being like that initially but maybe (they should) they changed that.

This is wrong, you can see your character in 3rd person.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

You can play in 3rd person, only when casting magic or throwing arrows are you forced to first person.

• celee2222celee2222 Member Posts: 123

Get this one right and Darkfall will be pretty much be a completed experience, It will look and feel like a proper MMO, not some half assed attempt from an indie team.

Good luck AV

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Darkfall has more potential than ANY other game out now. I just wish the developers had the resources to make things happen faster. They are running out of time to secure a future for this game.

• ShaydinShaydin Member Posts: 15

Iam waiting for this all to come out. I loved this game when it was released. I just didnt have the massive amout of time required. Now with the offline skill gain and new expansion to come , this game has a promsing future.  Iam glad they didnt rush the release as well. We all know what happnens when games rush things. Iam looking forward to re subbing when this comes out.

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Wow. Darkfall is so... brown.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous