Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How come Age of Empires Online is not listed?

MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

I have been seeing reviews for this game and all but nothing on this site? Is it on that other sister site?

Comments

• xantrisxantris Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by MannyMana

I have been seeing reviews for this game and all but nothing on this site? Is it on that other sister site?

It's an RTS and its listed on the RTS site.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

All RTS games are listed on mmorpg's sister site "rtsguru.com"

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/255/features/90/Age-of-Empires-Online-Beta-Overview.html

Also I'm gonna guess you are going to be reminded to post in the proper section by SWTOR fan's.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

That is weird. I thought I did... My bad.

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Is Age of Empires Online even an MMO? From what I gathered (not a lot image) it seems to be more of a single player and co-op game with the only MMO elements being is trading and stuff. If it was like Lord of Ultima (where you're on the same map with other players and you can interact with them - trade, attack, forge alliances, etc) then I'd understand. But like I said, I haven't really looked into AoEO that much.

Oh, and I don't see any reason it shouldn't be listed here. I mean, it is MMORPG.com, but there are first person shooters listed with no true RPG elements - World War II Online, for example.

Currently Playing:

Nothing.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi there,

I'll pass this along guys, but no promises. Thanks!

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Because it's not an MMORPG. Very simple. You never play with more than 4 or so other players. There's no persistant world.

There are quests, and loot, but that makes it an RPG, not an MMORPG. People need to stop confusing the two.