Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies Immortal Combat Video

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

One of my all time favorite videos of SWG in its PRIME before the NGE BOMB.

http://youtu.be/wiA828K72gk

3:35 nice little duel of sabers

4:10 minutes into the video, nice close PvP scene

Sorry, was feeling a little nostalgic today.

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

My fav part of the Pre-Cu is Darth Vader hunting down Jedi Players......made it a hell of a lot more interesting and gave you the real immersion of being in danger hence why so many Pre-Cu Jedi hid from the general population.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

The combat looked really comical.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by immodium

I didnt think the video was that great... plus the music was not really approproiate either.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by firefly2003

Originally posted by immodium

I didnt think the video was that great... plus the music was not really approproiate either.

You got that right about the music.

Tbh I never played SWG pre NGE, but I always thought the game was far from polished. The animations and combat really put me off.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

I'm sorry to say but that video summs up why pre-CU was bad

• Everyone is either TKA, Swordman or Jedi. Why? Because they can hit the mind and dizzy/kd= win. A few hippies used other skills

• Everyone wears the same composite armor except Jedi

• The combat is horribly un-synced, hitting air

• Everythig except Jedi is far from Star Wars

• You do the same 2-3 attacks over and over after a complex routine of food, clothing and buffs(Doc queues in Coronet yeah), it's more strategy than "Star Wars combat"

And now I'm not commenting on the FOTMing, impossible to balance skills, clown combat gear, outdated graphics, complete lack of directed content=new players never bother, well grinding mission terminal quests was directed but god awfull boring, Jedi spin grind groups anyone? The only thing to do was hoard gear, grind Jedi or craft. The possiblity to customize your self was good, housing and crafting, but that is far from what "Star Wars" is.

I liked the CU, the NGE was a bit over the top, but still better than the old garbage.

• AnthonyBRobertAnthonyBRobert Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Thank you Evel (and Watashi the YouTube poster).  Wow! What a surprise. I thought I would search for my old video and there it was. Evel, I'm honored to have my video immortalized on MMO/RPG. Just a brief history: it was a Fan Film contest SOE sponsored pre-CU. That's why it has a specific length and the credits at the end; they were conditions of the contest. Also, I entered it as a way of learning how to capture game video, edit, add music and special effects and have fun! That was also back in the day when that technology was in it's infancy stage, Mortal Combat and Terminator were still fairly new and popular and melee was the favorite combat style in SWG at the time. The video was enjoyed by many guildies. Rauwolfias (in the credits) was my alt by the way. I have to say that the criticism of the Fan Film posted above is misplaced (although you are entitled to your opinion of course). Understand the time in which the video was made, the popularity of the music at the time, what the players were experiencing at the time, and the meaning behind the music chosen then you'll better appreciate what the video was artistically documenting (hint: the title of the film, the song's title and the final scene are related) :) ~Loquetis (now Quin-Jon'li in SWTOR on the Harbinger server).
    Loquetis
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Neloth said:

I'm sorry to say but that video summs up why pre-CU was bad

• Everyone is either TKA, Swordman or Jedi. Why? Because they can hit the mind and dizzy/kd= win. A few hippies used other skills

• Everyone wears the same composite armor except Jedi

• The combat is horribly un-synced, hitting air

• Everythig except Jedi is far from Star Wars

• You do the same 2-3 attacks over and over after a complex routine of food, clothing and buffs(Doc queues in Coronet yeah), it's more strategy than "Star Wars combat"

And now I'm not commenting on the FOTMing, impossible to balance skills, clown combat gear, outdated graphics, complete lack of directed content=new players never bother, well grinding mission terminal quests was directed but god awfull boring, Jedi spin grind groups anyone? The only thing to do was hoard gear, grind Jedi or craft. The possiblity to customize your self was good, housing and crafting, but that is far from what "Star Wars" is.

I liked the CU, the NGE was a bit over the top, but still better than the old garbage.

WITCH!!!!

Lol, you're actually dead on, but the faithful are going to tar and feather you.

Oh, and it want all TKA, swordsmen or Jedi... You had triple rancor CH's and mind poison CM's.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• AnthonyBRobertAnthonyBRobert Member UncommonPosts: 2
    No tar and feather here :)  ... and truth be told, I left the game a year before they pulled the plug.  It just became an awful experience for me.  Sure I loved the game...well, the concept of the game, but I too felt the Devs were highly neglectful, became mentally lazy and just didn't possess any imagination or drive to improve the game.  They simply didn't have the skill or expertise to provide what the players wanted.  They said they tried but, as Yoda said, "Do or do not.  There is no try."  *big sly grin*
    Loquetis