Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

burn down $OE - all games down

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

"We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the attack and as a result, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off all SOE game services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure to provide you with greater protection of your personal information."

Late justice for the NGE.  WTG.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Ya know, I'm as big a Pre-CU partisan as they come, but this kind of snarling rant got old a loooonng time ago.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

"We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the attack and as a result, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off all SOE game services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure to provide you with greater protection of your personal information."

Late Justice? did they punch your babies? its funny to see the kind of grudges people hold for video game companies.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Getalife

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Late Justice? did they punch your babies?

Made me chuckle!

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

SOE are rubbish. Agreed, but the whole SWG fiasco was like 10 years ago. Get over it. Move on. No one cares anymore

That is all.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by stragen001

SOE are rubbish. Agreed, but the whole SWG fiasco was like 10 years ago. Get over it. Move on. No one cares anymore

That is all.

I never played SWG since i think Star Wars is the most over-rated thing in nerdom.....however ALOT of people still care about the SWG fiasco...especially on this site.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Originally posted by Nethermancer

.....however ALOT of people still care about the SWG fiasco...especially on this site.

I wouldnt say a lot. I would say a vocal minority. Besides, thats what the SWG Veteran Refuge is for.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Yea, I think most people will openly say that SOE is the worst developer out there...but SWG was a great game that only SOE could ruin back in the day, but leave it back in the day.  Just know not to buy from them now.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Anyway, back on topic  - I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against Sony for this and bankrupts SOE. 

I think there are plenty of legal grounds for it - the terms that SOE make you agree to also state that they must take reasonable care of your personal data etc, and they havent. 

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

A lot of good people work at SOE.

They don't deserve this.

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

That is all.

it was only released in 2003, the cu fiasco was 2005, followed by the nge fiasco in 2006...

...so where do you get 10yrs?

regardless why you in the SWG forum if you dont care? ...ironic you should be in here quoting move on?

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

*Conan O'Brien nerd voice* They ruined my staaaaaar waaaaaars game! I hope they all die!!!!

Originally posted by ukforze

That is all.

it was only released in 2003, the cu fiasco was 2005, followed by the nge fiasco in 2006...

...so where do you get 10yrs?

regardless why you in the SWG forum if you dont care? ...ironic you should be in here quoting move on?

OK, I exaggerated -  Its 6 years, my bad, but still, that was 6 years ago!

Im in here because I saw a thread on SOE and wanted to read about the hack, as i am PO'ed about my personal information being stolen due to SOE's complaicance.  Instead it was just another SWG rant. I have no love for SOE, but seriously people, move on

• ThaPyngwynThaPyngwyn Member Posts: 12

Did someone touch a nerve? I fail to see how "Late justice for the NGE.  WTG" equals a rant. A case of blaming the victim, maybe, but rant?

This discussion has been closed.