Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Istaria, limits?

Does anyone know if schools and crafting / adventuring professions are limited?  I wouls like to do all.

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by mastersomrat

Does anyone know if schools and crafting / adventuring professions are limited?  I wouls like to do all.

nope, the only limitation is (obviously) that you cannt join dragon crafting schools as nondragon (and probably also opposite is true, but i didnt play dragon since launch)

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

so I will be able to do as must crafting from all fields I want?

yup, just have to warn you - leveling crafting in istaria is a lot of grind :)

• AywrenAywren Istaria CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 71

Istaria multiclassing assigns a rating which is shared between all adventure classes and all crafting classes (adventure has a raiting and crafting has a rating). So the levels you make in one class does carry over and effect other classes when you switch. It's somewhat hard to explain, but this is what the Wiki site says about Adventure Ratings:

Your adventure rating (or "Rating" in-game) is a number between 0 and 267 (the maximum currently possible). It is important because the amount of experience you earn is based on your Adventure Rating, so as you gain in levels (and presumably in power) you need to find more powerful creatures to defeat. This applies in particular to players who like to multi-class their characters.

Adventure rating is derived by the following formula:

The square root of the sum of your current adventurer level to the power of two plus every other of your adventure levels divided by two to the power of two. For example, a current level 10 Ranger has 20 Cleric and 30 Warrior levels. The rating is therefore: Square root of (10 ranger levels^2 + (20 cleric levels/2)^2 + (30 Warrior levels/2)^2) = 20.62.

So while it is very possible to multi-class without limits, it becomes more challenging to do so the more classes you master.

Hope that makes sense!

Originally posted by Aywren

Istaria multiclassing assigns a rating which is shared between all adventure classes and all crafting classes (adventure has a raiting and crafting has a rating). So the levels you make in one class does carry over and effect other classes when you switch. It's somewhat hard to explain, but this is what the Wiki site says about Adventure Ratings:

Your adventure rating (or "Rating" in-game) is a number between 0 and 267 (the maximum currently possible). It is important because the amount of experience you earn is based on your Adventure Rating, so as you gain in levels (and presumably in power) you need to find more powerful creatures to defeat. This applies in particular to players who like to multi-class their characters.

Adventure rating is derived by the following formula:

The square root of the sum of your current adventurer level to the power of two plus every other of your adventure levels divided by two to the power of two. For example, a current level 10 Ranger has 20 Cleric and 30 Warrior levels. The rating is therefore: Square root of (10 ranger levels^2 + (20 cleric levels/2)^2 + (30 Warrior levels/2)^2) = 20.62.

Crafting works in a similar way. So while it is very possible to multi-class without limits, it becomes more challenging to do so the more classes you master.

Hope that makes sense!

well, while it is true, that rating is shared over classes, unlike the adventure one, crafting rating (afaik) DOESNT affect amount of xp you get from crafting - therefore it doesnt really have any affect on you if you have 1 craft school or 10

• AywrenAywren Istaria CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by Benedikt

well, while it is true, that rating is shared over classes, unlike the adventure one, crafting rating (afaik) DOESNT affect amount of xp you get from crafting - therefore it doesnt really have any affect on you if you have 1 craft school or 10

Whoops -- sorry about that. I can see where my post could be mis-read (just edited it). Yes, you're right that the information above deals with adventure rating. I just wanted to throw that in there even though the question was about crafting, in case someone wandered by and wondered about multiclassing an adventurer.

Thanks for pointing that out! :)