Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT3 Trailer Released

genkidashitegenkidashite Member Posts: 41

hmmm nice OST..

The view of the port from above is astonishing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEc5P5OJAY&feature=player_detailpage

Comments

• looks awesome!

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I'm glad to see that the features that they have promised such as the Seiges and Naval things are actually working for the most part.  Its really good to finally see a developer generate a feature complete AAA MMO such as this one.  I mean granted we have had some pretty fluid games lately like Rift, but from what I hear its pretty contentless and nothing new.

I'm excited for this to finally be released in the West so that we can have a high budget game with all the amazing features such as Housing, Naval, and Seige.  This seems like its going to be partially what darkfall or vanguard was supposed to be.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Player jumping on and riding along on another player's mount at 00:21?

Awesome.

Also the rope climbing scene looked very 'physically sound'.

They should get rid of the AA logo from the sails of those ships at the end though. It's kind of strangling ma immerzhuns. I hope that is just a beta thing.

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by marinrider

I'm glad to see that the features that they have promised such as the Seiges and Naval things are actually working for the most part.  Its really good to finally see a developer generate a feature complete AAA MMO such as this one.  I mean granted we have had some pretty fluid games lately like Rift, but from what I hear its pretty contentless and nothing new.
    I'm excited for this to finally be released in the West so that we can have a high budget game with all the amazing features such as Housing, Naval, and Seige.  This seems like its going to be partially what darkfall or vanguard was supposed to be.

To be honest the features that you mention have been working since the start of CBT2. What we are seeing now is a final push in getting the animation and combat working more fluidly. As for DarkFall, well DarkFall is full sandbox and AA is not a sandbox game even thogh it has some feature that are close.
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Polish, polish, polish! This game sure has potential. :)

• heheyhehey Member Posts: 77

see the way that guy moved when climbing the tree with a rope?, awesome.

"I will Turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

• KelSaithKelSaith Member Posts: 12

The game looks awesome but having followed some similarly ambitious games over the years I am still skeptical as to their ability to deliver the game they want.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by DarkPony

They should get rid of the AA logo from the sails of those ships at the end though. It's kind of strangling ma immerzhuns. I hope that is just a beta thing.

Agreed though I'm hoping it's a sign that the images you upload for created factions/Expeditionary Forces can be shown on the sails of your boats.  That would be pretty nice.

Now that AA is on the public radar I'm glad they keep releasing new videos.  I am so psyched for this game!

Just not worth my time anymore.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

Looks good, but im not a fan of pvp in mmorpg's there never balanced and its awlays a gank fest of low lvls... no thank you.

Originally posted by LordRelic

Looks good, but im not a fan of pvp in mmorpg's there never balanced and its awlays a gank fest of low lvls... no thank you.

I'm not a fan of ganking either.  I think PvP should be between two entities looking for it.

Though AA is going to be a PvP game the way you choose your abilities is something that could tone the typical imbalance down.  You're not just picking one class out of six, you have a combination of three skillsets to have out of a possible ten.  There will be combinations that are better at PvP sure but you're not pigeoned-holed depending if you want to PvP or PvE.  You should be able to have both.  You will be able to swap out the skillsets as well but I don't know the specifics of that.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im loving AA. The fact that you can climb up walls and trees makes me wanna play it more than anything else... i hope i can ambush other players in pvp from up a tree....

• StekkyStekky Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by rojo6934

im loving AA. The fact that you can climb up walls and trees makes me wanna play it more than anything else... i hope i can ambush other players in pvp from up a tree....

I wouldn't get your hopes up.    Remember Age of Conan?    Many people were excited about all the climbing they would do in it also.      

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

So anybody got any clues (translations lol) as to when beta 3 will start?

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Cant wait for this game to come out in EU. To bad its going to   be (probably )2013. Oh well, i will have GW2, SWTOR, TERA and loots of PS3 games to keep me busy till then.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

I just hope this game doesn't become darkfall 2 for me, oh look you could do things in PvE but you are going to be constantly ganked even from the starter areas... but in honest it looks good and I have been looking for a good sandbox game. Just give us a basic flagging system like  WoW's and im fine. I don't play MMO's for PvP, I could care less aobut it my self but everyone enjoys something different. Problem is everytime you have FFA pvp it just becomes griefville even the guy looking for PvP isn't realizing it but its still frustrating.

• genkidashitegenkidashite Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Vigiliance

I just hope this game doesn't become darkfall 2 for me, oh look you could do things in PvE but you are going to be constantly ganked even from the starter areas... but in honest it looks good and I have been looking for a good sandbox game. Just give us a basic flagging system like  WoW's and im fine. I don't play MMO's for PvP, I could care less aobut it my self but everyone enjoys something different. Problem is everytime you have FFA pvp it just becomes griefville even the guy looking for PvP isn't realizing it but its still frustrating.

You will not be ganked at the starting area. This the starting zones will have anti-pk rulesets. in other words, its not FFA until u get a boat or (maybe) an airship to the northern continent.

CBT3 starts 24th of May. official.

• gamer123456gamer123456 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Originally posted by rudbar

Cant wait for this game to come out in EU. To bad its going to   be (probably )2013. Oh well, i will have GW2, SWTOR, TERA and loots of PS3 games to keep me

busy till then.

Wherabout did You find 2013? Ive read something about 6 months after Korean release

http://www.aaportal.net/en/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=2090&limit=10&limitstart=10&Itemid=0

regards

Wherabout did You find 2013? Ive read something about 6 months after Korean release

http://www.aaportal.net/en/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=2090&limit=10&limitstart=10&Itemid=0

regards

Well i thought since they upgraded their engine from CryEngine2 to CryEngine3 and that the game itself has been in development since what(2009 or 2010) while games like GW2, SWTOR... have been in development quite longer, that seemed reasonable that it would come out next year.

It would be great of course if this game came out next year in EU, but i have my doubts. On ArcheAge Wikipedia site it says that Korean release is 2012, but doesn't say which month. I doubt that is going to be early in 2012, because its way to early in development.

ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Blade & Soul

Originally posted by rudbar

regards

Well i thought since they upgraded their engine from CryEngine2 to CryEngine3 and that the game itself has been in development since what(2009 or 2010) while games like GW2, SWTOR... have been in development quite longer, that seemed reasonable that it would come out next year.

It would be great of course if this game came out next year in EU, but i have my doubts. On ArcheAge Wikipedia site it says that Korean release is 2012, but doesn't say which month. I doubt that is going to be early in 2012, because its way to early in development.

Production started around 2006.  They are implementing CryEngine3 for OB and beyond but the transition is pretty smooth from 2 to 3, I will find the article.

Unless the linked quote is from a XLGames employee the 6 months is a "typical" time it takes to get a game from the east to the west.  With that in mind this is from Jake Song in an interview from Massively.com, Nov. 2nd 2010:

"Do you have a targeted release window?

We do not have fixed dates for any market, but would like to commercialize in Korea during next year and expand into other overseas markets as early as possible."

Source

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Production started around 2006.  They are implementing CryEngine3 for OB and beyond but the transition is pretty smooth from 2 to 3, I will find the article.

Unless the linked quote is from a XLGames employee the 6 months is a "typical" time it takes to get a game from the east to the west.  With that in mind this is from Jake Song in an interview from Massively.com, Nov. 2nd 2010:

"Do you have a targeted release window?

We do not have fixed dates for any market, but would like to commercialize in Korea during next year and expand into other overseas markets as early as possible."

Source

It would be great if they managed to release it in first half of 2012, i just hope they want  rush it and release it to early or unfinished(like quite a few other MMOs were). I would rather see them to take their time to polish it. Sort of  like RIFT was polished on release, completely bug free(or almost).

ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Blade & Soul

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

My guess is either 2 factions or no factions with same race class combinations.  Now - if Dark Age of Camelot 2 bought the graphics engine for this game - we'd have something truly epic.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Originally posted by Comaf

My guess is either 2 factions or no factions with same race class combinations.  Now - if Dark Age of Camelot 2 bought the graphics engine for this game - we'd have something truly epic.

http://www.aaportal.net/en/world-of-archeage.html

According to this there are two factions.

Also here is another bit of information we can use about factions from an interview with Jake Song.

You mentioned that the other two continents would be at war with each other? Will this lend itself to the races being split into two separate factions fighting each other? Also, although there is a designated player-conquer continent, to what extent will PvP be prevalent among these two warring faction’s continents?

When a server is opened for the first time, the Nuian (led by the Nuians, a human race in the western continent) alliance, and Hariharan (led by the Hariharans, a human race in the eastern continent) alliance are in hostile states. In the enemy’s continent, players cannot be protected. However, we will design it so that certain races of Nuian alliance can be separated out and become friendly or neutral with Hariharan Alliance, depending on players’ behavior. PvP between players from the same alliance will be allowed in a certain zones or situation. Even so, it will be treated as a crime and can be put on trial.

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

yeah in short, there are at least 3 factions - the preset ones like humans + elves vs ferres+warborne vs pirates, which are all subject of change as the players advance their server.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Im kinda nervous about this game simply because i know its going to take up a lot of my time. Im just going to have to schedule time so i dont get carried away heh.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I'm kind of nervous as well about having to sink a ton of time into this game. My days of wanting to be in the guild that does everything first are long gone because of jobs, schools, relationships. At the same time I don't do well when I am at least able to keep up with what's going on in the game.

If I don't have time to do anything other than level and farm, I won't be able to stick it out. Those activities have always been a secondary thing for me. I clan pvp, seiges, and epic PvE battles, and storyline. If that's not going to be possible withough sinking 6 hours a day 7 days a week, this game will not be for me. On the flip side if I can keep up by playing 2-3 hours a night 2-3 times during the week along with one or two long (6+ hours) weekend sessions then I'll be sticking around.