Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Paikang District Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom, the Age of Conan development team and MMORPG.com have teamed up to bring our readers an exclusive preview of the Paikang District. There are two new team instances coming up, both aimed at level 80 players, these instances will be found in the Imperial capital of Paikang in Khitai. Check out this exclusive look at the Paikang District and then leave us a thought or two when finished.

The two new instances, complete with daily quests, take the form of two separate outdoor districts of Paikang – The Ai District and the T’ian’an District. While both are areas of the same, once proud, Imperial capital, they have been effected by the corruption and evil that has spread throughout Khitai in very different ways, and likewise the pace and style of the gameplay is also different between the two areas.

Read more about the Age of Conan: Paikang District Instances.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

instances and daily quests. thats something i've never heard before.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Finally they get on with the story if the expansion, though and that in itself is exciting.

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

AoC is pretty awesome. I'm waiting for the new hardcore PvP server to launch.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Its really a good game, I love the new grafics and with dx10 (and some setup) its runnig nice and smooth.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

AoC is pretty awesome. I'm waiting for the new hardcore PvP server to launch.

Yep

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Nice just logged in the other day to have 78 free levels waiting for me.  Can't wait for the new server.

• FlashtonyFlashtony Member UncommonPosts: 12

I think you probably won't be able to use level up points on that server. I am not sure though;)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by Flashtony

I think you probably won't be able to use level up points on that server. I am not sure though;)

That's fine I would hope you can't.  It was just nice to see that many free levels.  I will be running around khitai trying to get a grasp on things again getting ready for the server.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Having bought the Collectors addition and at release 6 month subscriber at a time. I made one post on game forums asking when Bar room brawling would be put in and was given a permnant ban.

My question is have they implymented Bar Room Brawliing yet ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

You want the developers to spend time on fighting in a bar?

Let go.... let go.

• devo5devo5 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Having bought the Collectors addition and at release 6 month subscriber at a time. I made one post on game forums asking when Bar room brawling would be put in and was given a permnant ban.

No, this feature was turfed shortly after launch.  No one was interested it so it never made it to live.  It was one of those better in theory than paper type of features. 

Cheers.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

The game has come a long way since launch.  It is really a good game now and fun to level from 1-80.  It is also nice to see that the faction grind was addressed.  I am looking forward to this new content. 

• BogeBoge Member Posts: 182

I've recently reinstalled the game and have been playing through Tortage again.  I don't see any difference.  Why is that?  I hear how much it's improved, but what part of the game has improved since launch?

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

They've actually revisited Bar Brawls for the future, but it's not on the immediate horizon that we're aware of. They're busy developing new things with the new DreamWorld engine which allows them to develope at a faster rate than they were able to before, as well as design some dynamic content for the live servers.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Waaaaayyyyy too little.  Waaaaayyyyyy too late.   What do they have like one intern working on AOC now?   Funcom has chosen to add content mostly by expanding the XP bar.  The addition of content like this is nothing revolutionary and quite frankly isn't that impressive.  I see no reason to resub.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

In terms o f launch when the missing content was not in game, performance, content, and expansion.  Tortage hasn't been touched except when you leave tortage you can lvl 20-40 in the expansion.

Originally posted by devo5

No, this feature was turfed shortly after launch.  No one was interested it so it never made it to live.  It was one of those better in theory than paper type of features. 

Cheers.

If this is true why was i given a permanant ban on the forums for asking about it and why would i want to come back if im still banned. For that matter why would anyone trust Funcom now or any other games they may make ?

MAGA
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Boge

I've recently reinstalled the game and have been playing through Tortage again.  I don't see any difference.  Why is that?  I hear how much it's improved, but what part of the game has improved since launch?

Ehh... maybe because Tortage was one part of the game that was actually really good? So no need to touch it!

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by unclemo

Waaaaayyyyy too little.  Waaaaayyyyyy too late.   What do they have like one intern working on AOC now?   Funcom has chosen to add content mostly by expanding the XP bar.  The addition of content like this is nothing revolutionary and quite frankly isn't that impressive.  I see no reason to resub.

I'm no fan of AoC, but it sounds like you are suggesting they added content via raising the level cap ("expanding the XP bar").  The cap remains the same as the day of launch lvl 80.  Unless you are suggesting the AA's, etc are expanding the XP bar in which case I can see what you are saying there.

Steam: Neph

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

If this is true why was i given a permanant ban on the forums for asking about it and why would i want to come back if im still banned. For that matter why would anyone trust Funcom now or any other games they may make ?

I've seen you bring this up several times, with the reason why. I've seen others bring up the same question on the official forums about the bar brawling, which is a pretty harmless question (unless it was the last post in a series of rage rants), and others bring up far far more negative posts without having been banned on the forums.

Seems like you had a case of bad luck, if things were really like you say they were.

As for the rest, why would you want to come back, since in this same post and others you posted you keep saying that you don't trust FC. Makes no sense, sounds contradictory to me.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• FebleFeble Member UncommonPosts: 11

It has been a very long time since I played this game.  I would love to come back to the game.  Since I am a pretty casual gammer, if some one could answer some questions first who is still playing I would appriciate this a great deal.

1.  Hard to find grups for dungeons.  Dungeon finder or how has this changed or is this still happeneing?

2.  Can you level with out touching any elite quests or quest lines?

3.  How is the solo-ability now these days?

Thanks in advace.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

I could never go back to AOC, Funcom did absolutley nothing when all the cheating / exploits were happening they just turned a blind eye.

I really hope they have learned from those mistakes because i like what i see with their next mmo, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I've seen you bring this up several times, with the reason why. I've seen others bring up the same question on the official forums about the bar brawling, which is a pretty harmless question (unless it was the last post in a series of rage rants), and others bring up far far more negative posts without having been banned on the forums.

Seems like you had a case of bad luck, if things were really like you say they were.

As for the rest, why would you want to come back, since in this same post and others you posted you keep saying that you don't trust FC. Makes no sense, sounds contradictory to me.

Maverick you've seen my posts im to old to lie and if you look close on what i add to my posts your smart enough to read between the lines. I got hosed by mods on there forums and all i asked was. Quote " Its going on a month now and Barroom Brawling was suppose to be in at release when is it going to be added ? " Unquote Im gonna till they perma ban me here bring up what or how bad i think the folks at Funcom are. You may not agree but they started it i will maybe not finish it but they will know i was wronged and for a long time. I do not quit or give up !

MAGA
  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Maverick you've seen my posts im to old to lie and if you look close on what i add to my posts your smart enough to read between the lines. I got hosed by mods on there forums and all i asked was. Quote " Its going on a month now and Barroom Brawling was suppose to be in at release when is it going to be added ? " Unquote Im gonna till they perma ban me here bring up what or how bad i think the folks at Funcom are. You may not agree but they started it i will maybe not finish it but they will know i was wronged and for a long time. I do not quit or give up !

Yeah, well, like I said, I've seen far worse questions and posts pass by, and the same barroom brawling question been asked, and none of those cases led to permaban. I've also seen differences in moderation from 1 mod to another, so it seems to me like you had a bad case. If what you say would apply to all moderation, then a lot worse posts or the same question asked wouldn't slip by unmoderated continuously.

In fact, I think you could've made a strong protest against your ban, I've seen bans for worse be retracted when those persons objected and explained the situation.

In any case, what you describe was far from the norm as far as I've witnessed it.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Sure was fun when the enemy players in a siege would kill themselves to earn PvP points....so even if you sacked their fortress and killed them, they still "won" in points.  Or better yet, showing up for the fortress fight early and maxing out the zone population so no defenders could get in (or vice versa).   Game developers expressing dismay and surprise about how people wanted to PvP in AoC...

Yeah, I'll resub......NOT.