Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI Abyssea Edition coming in May

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Perfect time to get back into the game. Includes all 4 expansions and a bunch of other stuff. Enjoy!

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/28/final-fantasy-xi-ultimate-collection-abyssea-edition-coming-to-w/

Comments

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

good  stuff!

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Is Abyssea something all new, or is that the name of the compilation? Would be nice to know the price range, been interested in FFXI some time =O

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The 3 new add-ons are Abyssea.

Scars/visions and Heroes of Abyssea.These are addons not expansion packs.They were 9 bucks each,which imo was a lame ripoff they new they could sell because of the gear it offers,but this new package deal is a VERY good price.Rest assured you buy this package deal,you are getting a very good deal.

There is nothing on the current market that comes remotely close to the content in FFXI and if you are worried about having time to do it before the game dies...do NOT worry,it is going nowhere.I predict at the very least 2+ more years and Square will introduce at the end of year ,test servers so they can release content faster.

FFXI is no longer a one dimensional group/raid game,they have opened the doors to solo,casual and even some of the hardest content is no longer as tough to complete.

The game can still be overwhelming to a noob,it is always reccomended in any game to join a linkshell/guild and try hard to make some friends,afterall it is an online mmo.Joining a Linkshell,you will get all the answers you need to any problems /questions.

I would be honest in saying there is some forms of the game i do not agree with ..ahem abyssea level leeching,buit overall i would always reccomend this game,it is what MMORPG gaming should be, at least better than the rest.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.