Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Scott Hartsman Talks v1.1

13»

Comments

• vampiyanvampiyan Member Posts: 7

It is an opinion. It reminded me of WoW... only a lighter version... not as much content. Same gameplay, same classes, same progression, same grind. Hence if someone is tired of WoW and looking for a new MMO then Rift probably isn't your answer because it is more of the same. Derp. That was so hard to comprehend? Give it time. It'll come to you.

Funny. Many more people agreed with me than didnt.

And no... my first MMO wasn't WoW. It's nice to finally meet the person who speaks for the entire MMO community though. Sign my sig? Since you know so much... what MMO does Rift remind you of? Wait... does it start with a W? No way!

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

WoW has 32 classes now?  Cool I should totally come back =P

Most people who liked WoW but are tired of it has nothing to do with gameplay and everything to do with they've played the game.  Frankly I find it kind of retarded for people to play the same content month after month let alone year after year when something similar is available that is completely new.

Now that'll go for Rift too if in a year we're all still running the same dungeons every day.  But given WoW is on 4-6 month cycles and Rift is on 4-6 weeks... oh and do enjoy the completely broken 4.1 =P  Should be nice hold over until they bring class skills down to 4 like GC talks about /facepalm

The joke... WoW is number 2 easy and miles ahead of number 3.

• DANYDEMONDANYDEMON Member Posts: 1

Lets face it people Rift is ok the same as WoW is, no good, no bad just in between, Rift is traying to apeal to the older players, in the mean time WoW is aiming for Parents walets, WoW has been wattering down with every update, Rift on the other hand has a matture feel but will eventually go the same way if we wana talk about serius MMORPG gaming then the only one ever made to give you a sence of accomplishment and also drive you crazy was the first 3 builds of Ultima Online, if an MMo is release with the same fetures, skill system and updated graphics to back it up i belive it can probably take down WoW and any competitor, well ill keep my hopes up.

By the way in case any one asks the futures im talking about are:

1-Small amount of quest the way to get skills is walk out of town c a monster kill it if u can, this gives exploration a big meaning.

2-Skills no LVLs but your skill proficiency increases with use god i remember how long it took me to become a Grand Master Blacksmith lol fun times

3-Houses, Castles, Boats, Diferent mounts so amazing to own your own castle. and put it were you like so that enione exploring the world will come across.

this are the things i belive MMOs are laking now a days but thats my opinion.

• unzubaruunzubaru Member UncommonPosts: 9

Omfg, listen to all you whiners on here.

There's always some douche who get's the whole point of these comments OT.

What I loved about this interview is the fact that Scott said they're focusing on W-PvP, one of the main complaints on the RIFT forums. And I also love it that you guys are whining that he listens to players suggestions LOLOLOLOL!! You're all such fickle bastards (Yes "bro" I'm fking mad), if any of you played Aion, or for that matter an NCSoft game, SHAME ON YOU!!! The main concern all you QQ-tards had was that they never listen to there customers, and now that we have someone who actually DOES, you all call him a liar and a bullshitter!

Look, his track record may not be amazing, but then who's is (Peter Molyneaux you hyping bastard).

You guys fail to understand that this game is in its early stages, being run by a new studio. The launch was excellently smooth and after having several MMO companies being bitched at about there lack of ears for their players, these guys really listen to the community.

Will the MMO community ever be satisfied with ANY type of customer support?

• draconis666draconis666 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Originally posted by gatheris

i love this game

maybe it is because i did not play WOW beyond its first three months since from what i have read those who left WOW to play Rift don't seem to be impressed

the important thing is i'm having fun - so all the arguments on either side mean nothing to me

looking forward to what Trion comes up with for this game

I agree. Rift hits the stuff I like to do in a game. I like having alts and having different builds to play with. This game makes it easy for me. I have Soulful with all of my alts by lvl 15.