Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aussies - with 280 ping now, Darkfall is unplayable

marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

AV have moved their NA server from California to Chicago, which has benefited their eastern NA and Canadian (and Brazillian) players, but Aussies now cannot play this game.

The majority of Aussies have unsubbed because of this.

If you are an Aussie and were considering Darkfall - then dont.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

280 ping is low.

I get 400+ ping in WoW every day.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by AzurePrower

280 ping is low.

I get 400+ ping in WoW every day.

280 ping is actually ridiculously bad..  to get a ping of 400.. you'd have to be on the moon or something.. so.. some kind of problem either with your internet connection.. or with your computer..  ... but getting back to the latency issue.. in DFO... as in any game that uses none automatic targetting/combat.. its fatal.. forget combat as you'd have to get your oponent to stand there and not move .. kind of thing.. in PVP games.. its.. pointless.  most fps/pvp type games, you aim for a ping of 40ms anything over 100 ms tends to be problematical....image

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

For Australia, 300+ is normal for servers that are in the US.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by AzurePrower

For Australia, 300+ is normal for servers that are in the US.

Well, then there is only one thing you guys can do. Break out the oars and row Oz a little closer to the Us West Coast.image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Azure, 200 - 220 ping has been normal for Darkfall for the last 2 years.

While I agree that >100 ping for a full loot fps style mmo is problematic, Aussies persisted with it because we really enjoyed the game. At 280 - 300 ping though it is horrible, you go from having some chance to having no chance.

Its a real shame because in terms of immersion and playstyle, Darkfall was my favourite MMO. It doesn't have the polish and content of a WoW, but you always had to be on guard and in that way it was always fun.

Now unfortunately, any goals you would normally set yourself have become unrealistic and so the motivation is gone.

The way they handled the change was extremely poor also. And what is comical is that now that they have moved the server and created this issue, they say they are working on the problems. Seriously. You cant add 50% to the ping for some people and then expect them to be happy that you will "work on it".

5 steps back and 1 step forward, no thanks.

Darkfall is over for aussies, kiwis and people living in SIngapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.

We had a lot of good times, both with the aussies in our guild and with the Americans living in Japan and Korea that joined us because of timezone similarities.

AV have simply cut us off.

If you live in these areas, Darkfall is unfortunately not an option anymore.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

I don't find it problematic that Aventurina caters the players who live in the zones that the servers were made for..

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Gadzy

I don't find it problematic that Aventurina caters the players who live in the zones that the servers were made for..

Makes sense to me. If there was enough of a demand I'm sure AV would be looking into an Oceanic server. I feel for the Aussies but this server is specifically for North America.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Sucks for aussies, but it really is just tough luck. They made the Na1 server better for na players. Either wait for a new server, or for AV to somehow magically fix it(doubtful). It's not like it was some conspiracy to ruin darkfall for aussie players. If their going for a relaunch and east cost palyers are getting 180-200 ping on a us server, it would just be anoher thing to turn of potential players.