Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aika and why I think it has potential

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

There are 5 forms of PvP in Aika:  Relic War, Altar war, Castle Siege, Battlegrounds, Aitan Arena

Relic War: you attack an enemy temple take its relic back to your temple and get its associated buff for your nation

Altar war attack an enemy alter loot the riches it holds which amounts to a treasure hoarde  happens every day

Castle Siege happens once a wek and is basicly a power strugle within each nation to see which clan or alliance will rule the nation

Battlegrounds, Aitan Arena: work pretty much the same as in wow

They did a good job of giving reasons to draw people into pvp

That and the channel system they use to host pvp and pve players all on the same server

Anyone flaged pvp can pk anyone else even in the pve channel but the faction loss penalties are sever so it does not happnen much. PvP and PVE on the same server and coexisting ...simply awesome.

Aika has a much better defined reason and dinamic pvp syustem than any other game I have ever heard of.

There are thousands of quest you can do which are always fun to me. But you need not quest to lvl. Dungeon runs are often good exp.

I have been in this game for 3 days now, this is my opinion and I will stick to it.

Cons

Ready to put a bullet between my Pran's eyes. I really jsut don't like the pran idea. I'll play the game anyway though.

Never have liked Asian anime style games, don't like the little kid like characters or the miniskirted female paladin. I;ll play the game anyway.

Detest item mall feature in any game. Often games like this make it impossable to compete unless you spend loads of cash which i will never do. I don't mind a monthly game fee that i can deal with. Items of convenience, bank space, bag space, teleport scrolls and other items that make travel easier is fine for an item shop. But when they start selling item enhancement stuff with a 100% success rate it will be game over for me. Runes of Magic did that.

There are things I really dislike about the game but there are things I really do like also that make it worth playing.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• sobbssobbs Member Posts: 7

Wait until you get to 50+ where the game becomes a massive grind fest. 

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I start this game 10 days ago and here's what i've observed in that time.

Levels 1-10 first day

Levels 11-20 2 days

Levels 20-30 2 days not as easy

levels 31-40 3  day good bit harder

lvels 41-43 2 days.

Today will be my 11th day and it seems i am getting 1 lvl per day if i have a full day to do it. With jsut 1-3 hours during the work week/day I can expect to get maybe half a lvl if that

I don't mind the grind so much. I find it helps me to slow down and enjoy the game environment more. I take time to farm mats here and there for crafting my next set of gear.

When i do reach the lvl cap I will know i have acomplished something.

I also think it adds a certain lvl of respect when you do reach the lvl cap and join the PvP raids.

I am in no hurry to get to the lvl cap after all there probably ins't much to do when you get there.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• WhiteSwanWhiteSwan Member Posts: 14

Games alright if you can afford to spend a couple hundred dollars on a weapon. An average weapon at that. Game has many bugs and Non active GMs. The hardest part of playing this game was trying to communicate with other players. Chat is flooded with bot spammers advertising, it is actually imposible to talk to anyone in the game.

I ahve found chat shout and chat general does have more than a few bot spammers.

But the chat filters are there you can turn those channels off and talk to people with private messages jsut fine. YOu can also talk to anyone in your clan so the bot spammers are really not a problem. I never watch genral or shout in any game anyway. who cares about those channels

I mean get real when was the last time you tortured your eyes to watch chat in thos channels anyway in any game.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by Palladin

I ahve found chat shout and chat general does have more than a few bot spammers.

But the chat filters are there you can turn those channels off and talk to people with private messages jsut fine. YOu can also talk to anyone in your clan so the bot spammers are really not a problem. I never watch genral or shout in any game anyway. who cares about those channels

I mean get real when was the last time you tortured your eyes to watch chat in thos channels anyway in any game.

Are you serious Palladin? I mean... really?

So they don't ban the botters and gold spammers, but it's no problem because you don't watch the general chat?

And what do you mean by "But the chat filters are there you can turn those channels off"? How is that a filter? So instead of ignoring a botter, I shut off my general chat?

Briliant, how didn't everyone thought of that?

From what i understand gold spammers do get banned on a regular basis. Gold buyers also get banned on a regular bassis.

I turn the genral and shout channels off in every game i play. Normall nothing worthy reading there anyway. The chat channels and spammers are not a big problem if you ask me. I've not had any problems with them myself in the 10 days i have been playing.

I guess some people like to piss and moan.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Are you guys playing the gpot version? If yes, then I guess I understand the issue. There really are a lot of bot spammers there. That's one of the reasons why I play the Global version of T3Fun. The GMs there are more active, and I rarely see a gold spammer there. I've played this game since it's OBT last August and not seeing a gold spammer for that long is impressive.

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Aika really has potential, because when you're at the bottom you can only go up :)

• yippykayayyippykayay Member Posts: 8

Play t3fun than gpots version. Gpots version has a lot of gold spammers. That is why I transferred to t3fun's version. Community and GMs are way better.

• MowdelMowdel Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by yippykayay

Play t3fun than gpots version. Gpots version has a lot of gold spammers. That is why I transferred to t3fun's version. Community and GMs are way better.

I haven't tried Gpot's Aika Global so I am not in the position to talk about this but as far as my forum-hopping, and other reviews i got, I think gold spammers are the number one reason why people would opt to T3fun's version. Just last week, I decided to play Aika Global but I couldn't decide for which version to go for. So i made a little research. Mmm... guess forum postes who went for Aika Global is really good coz they got me going for their version. So, I am starting my journey in Aika T3fun and hopefully i get the best of what the game offers. Anyway, if i dont get satisfied, I can always try Gpot's version. There's no harm in doing that i guess. I have very low patience for gold spammers so I hope there really is nothing like that in T3fun's. 

• FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

Gold spammers are there in any kind of mmo. Just look out for the ones with very few ones.

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

• pkdragonpkdragon Member Posts: 5
    Just started playing casually 2-3 days ago and already in my 20's. I'd say the leveling rate is medium/fast considering this game was made in asia/korea and games originating over there tend to be dubbed "grindfests." My opinion may change after getting to level 50 as I hear there isn't as much questing past 50.

Nations are balanced(or at least they try) to balance population by giving the weakest/weaker nations "underdog" status. New characters in an underdog nation receive a 15 mark of experience(gives double exp), a level 10 weapon with damage stats way beyond it's level, and another novice gift box.

The most attractive aspect for me is the game's focus on PvP interactions. However, I haven't been able to get into any solid pvp since I am underleveled and it is more efficient to spend that time to level. You are even allowed to pk your own nation which is discouraged and yields penalties, but I just like the fact that the option exists since the inability to do so feels too restrictive.
  • TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Downloaded, installed, logged in, moved few yards and jumped few times, uninstalled, never looking back.