Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Legacy: Exclusive Screens, Art & Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Games Campus has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers first notice of a new game being added to its stable of MMOs. Called "Scarlet Legacy", the game is considered one that employs "advanced tactical combat systems for a unique gaming experience". We have exclusive screens, artwork and an introductory trailer to whet your appetite for Scarlet Legacy.

Scarlet Legacy is a Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) geared towards players of the Multi-Player Online Genre who prefer a more light to moderate game play experience. Full of compelling animation and rich stylized graphicsthis addictive new action MMORPG immerses players into a fantasy world where their quest is to save Princess Scarlet in a seamless and striking blend of eastern style mythos.. The game features an in-game engine that allows for a simple and quick fighting system, while the game’s innovative technology allows players to spend more time questing and less time running aimlessly. Scarlet Legacy’s Auto-Pilot fighting system allows players to have complete MMORPG-style control with a non-targeting combat system that allows for control-driven and action-oriented game play. Scarlet Legacy is a massively dynamic and addictive MMORPG that takes the player through a journey of thousands of quests to save Princess Scarlet while utilizing the most effortless in-game mechanic on the market today!

Check out MMORPG.com's exclusive announcement about Scarlet Legacy: Exclusive Screens, Art & Video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SkanomoduSkanomodu Member Posts: 26

www.ScarletLegacy.com doesn't work for me, went to GamesCampus.com and the website for Scarlet there is: http://scarletlegacy.gamescampus.com

Anyway, it doesn't look that special to me. 

• ArzacaneArzacane Member UncommonPosts: 24

Reading over the features and seeing the pics, it does look like an off the shelf-pre packaged eye candy game that just follows all other korean MMOs. I guess time will tell, but I'm not crossing fingers or holding my breath.

• MysticBeastMysticBeast Member UncommonPosts: 46

sweet open world non targeting this will be fun to try out!

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

advert disguised as news

• spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

Cheap chinese import? The large flat empty feeling areas behind the characters say yes.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Muppetier

advert disguised as news

Joined - July 2004

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Originally posted by remyburke

advert disguised as news

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Wish people would be more innovative with their games. Getting tired of 2004-5 creeping back up so frequently this year.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

Wonder what a "light to moderate gameplay experience" actually means.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by lethys

Wonder what a "light to moderate gameplay experience" actually means.

That bit made me laugh. "Tierd of heavy gameplay experiance? Looking for something more light to moderate? Well look no further! Scarlet legacy is the game for you!" For me a heavy gameplay experiance is when I ate 3 quarters of a pizza and it put me right of my grinding.;)

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Doesnt look great, but meh..registered for cb anyway

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

A couple of things I noticed on their site that is the deal breaker.

"Auto pilot-fighting allows for simplified play and convenience to you by equipping potions and pre-set buffs and skills to your character!"

You don't have to actively use potions or buffs, they're all automatic. *yawn*

"Unique Chain Kill System that [b]improves the grinding process[/b] allowing you to gain special rewards for over 100 or 1K enemies killed!"

NO KOREA, BAD KOREA *smacks with newspaper* Grinding is bad, not something to be improved upon!

Other than those, this game features quests described only in the thousands (not really that many) and very generic trinity classes and gameplay. If you've played 1 korean grinder, you've played this game a thousand times already.

No need to play it, report on it, or give it any attention at all. Hopefully if we all ignore it they'll get the point.

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700

Hmm... interesting... I played the Taiwan version of this game like a year ago and just recently pick it up again.  And now I see they just ported to US.. hmm..

About the storyline/quests: I have no idea how the translation is in the US version, but in TW version, the general storyline is very interesting.

About the classes:  The main mechanics should be the same, so anyways.  In the TW version, each class has 3 weapons, and each weapon has its unique skills related to it, while there are some class skills that can be used with all 3 weapons.

About the maps:  The maps are zoned (that is, you do have loading screens from area to area).  

But yeh, that's all I know based on the TW version.  

Overall, a fairly fun game to play if you are somewhat interested in the Eastern fantasy/martial art style game and story.

I probably will stick with TW version since I prefer reading the quest in Chinese, as I would think it makes much more sense to me.  I may try it once it goes OB, but who knows...

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• PSevennPSevenn Member Posts: 6

i start to have the feeling that developers just change the name of one game to become a new one

• nadrian3knadrian3k Member UncommonPosts: 101

advert disguised as news

Besides being true, why do we get year 95' games in 2011? Seriously...if u can't make a game that fights ATLEAST year 2009+ just quit that job, u are not good at it...

• terrymsterryms Member Posts: 1

I played Taiwanese version and it was fun.

I don't like grinding that much but I didn't grind much since this game has tons of quests.

Graphics are actually quite good.

• -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151

Would be nice if for once we could only play the evil side....

• yeahmaaanyeahmaaan Member Posts: 1

Oh they opened its forums as well! There is a gm blog section, haha it's fun. But not sure this game is gonna the one to me. anyways just registered for cb.

• seiryynseiryyn Member UncommonPosts: 18

27 of the exact same cloned mob, without even token color swatch changes, around one big boss... not very impressive... It looks lazily put together.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Thumbs up if you clicked on the front page tiny icon because you though "wtf, Yuna?" :p

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

anyone got a "input a valid email address [-5]" error message when they register? =

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by seiryyn

27 of the exact same cloned mob, without even token color swatch changes, around one big boss... not very impressive... It looks lazily put together.

I saw that but I didn't think they were mobs, I thought they were Player Characters... which definitely means a no try for me.

• CrazerageCrazerage Member Posts: 18

Man this game really looks cheesy has hell! You've lost your mind if you think your gonna make any money in the western part of the world.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

A couple of things I noticed on their site that is the deal breaker.

"Auto pilot-fighting allows for simplified play and convenience to you by equipping potions and pre-set buffs and skills to your character!"

You don't have to actively use potions or buffs, they're all automatic. *yawn*

"Unique Chain Kill System that [b]improves the grinding process[/b] allowing you to gain special rewards for over 100 or 1K enemies killed!"

NO KOREA, BAD KOREA *smacks with newspaper* Grinding is bad, not something to be improved upon!

Other than those, this game features quests described only in the thousands (not really that many) and very generic trinity classes and gameplay. If you've played 1 korean grinder, you've played this game a thousand times already.

No need to play it, report on it, or give it any attention at all. Hopefully if we all ignore it they'll get the point.

Right there with you, I had to laugh when I read:

Hardcore Grinding

Unique Chain Kill System that improves the grinding process allowing you to gain special rewards for over 100 or 1K enemies killed!

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

oh boy, just what the world needs, yet another asian grindfest.. this time with auto-grind.  Soon we will just log in, fall asleep, and the game will play itself.  oh boy, pass.

Currently bored with MMO's.