Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's put on Trial for their criminal actions

NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

After first hearing the evidence system put in place, now the possibility of prosecution.

This sounds fun, anyone got some inside korean leak information about how players are being judged by law?

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I assume this would be something to punish PK's?  Could this be the first time there is real consequences for PKers?  I think its awesome if thats the case.  This could be even better than a bounty system!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by adderVXI

I assume this would be something to punish PK's?  Could this be the first time there is real consequences for PKers?  I think its awesome if thats the case.  This could be even better than a bounty system!

That would be so awesome, if they implemented this.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• genkidashitegenkidashite Member Posts: 41

sorry deleted what I said earlier :(
  • rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Hang 'em high!

LOL.

Good movie though. Clint Eastwood is a legend.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

That is awesome ... curious of how they will implement it.

Would be cool if npc's actually end up hunting you down and eventually catch you to stand trial / be excecuted.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Ok I admit that I don't know much about this game, but this sounds interesting.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

LOL I first thought some CBT was put on trial for leaking beta info >.< 

but anyways, I think they should implement this, seems really interesting, maybe let players to put up bounty awards for bounty hunters to hunt them? and well system generated award, so you don't have to shell out a nice piece of gear to get revenge :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151

Its definately not the first game to do it but I like how EvE online introduced bounties as a way of "making an induendo game occupation" where PK'ers were pirates stealing your sh*t. I mean its odd to make an occupation out of it but it works and also adds to the game variety: you don't have to be "the good guy" but also the complete a@@hole too. 

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Sounds interesting, but there is no way that this would ever make it in the game to any great effect in the western localized version.  You just know those people would bitch and moan that they can't freely go out and destroy another player's game experience without being punished by a forced game mechanic.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Originally posted by twodayslate

Sounds interesting, but there is no way that this would ever make it in the game to any great effect in the western localized version.  You just know those people would bitch and moan that they can't freely go out and destroy another player's game experience without being punished by a forced game mechanic.

You are probably correct.

• termsytermsy Member Posts: 100
    I've read a lot about the game, so I have a decent amount of knowledge.

As far as I know, it works like this... when you kill a player a puddle of blood is on the ground. It stays there for a limited amount of time (I don't know the length). If enough players collect the blood as evidence, they can bring it to a jail. If enough players bring the blood, or if the players name shows up with a lot of different evidence, then NPC policeman come and haul you off to jail where you have to perform a quest line and pay a fee to get out. Or you can find a spoon and break out (not joking) :P
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Originally posted by termsy

I've read a lot about the game, so I have a decent amount of knowledge. As far as I know, it works like this... when you kill a player a puddle of blood is on the ground. It stays there for a limited amount of time (I don't know the length). If enough players collect the blood as evidence, they can bring it to a jail. If enough players bring the blood, or if the players name shows up with a lot of different evidence, then NPC policeman come and haul you off to jail where you have to perform a quest line and pay a fee to get out. Or you can find a spoon and break out (not joking) :P

Erm.

Wow...

Somebody get me a new pair of pants, please!

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

personally this is one of the ideas that people always want which looks good on paper but would never work well in the actual game. but meh we'll see, wont be surprised if this idea gets cut at release thoguh like in every other game.

My blog: image

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Originally posted by Consensus

personally this is one of the ideas that people always want which looks good on paper but would never work well in the actual game. but meh we'll see, wont be surprised if this idea gets cut at release thoguh like in every other game.

Why wouldn't it work? Seems pretty simple, and adds a security layer for players, which is necessary.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Ephimero

Originally posted by Consensus

Why wouldn't it work? Seems pretty simple, and adds a security layer for players, which is necessary.

Until the breaking out procedures (if it's true, that is) makes it into a database website of some sort, in say less than a week.  Then it just becomes a minor inconvenience that is being paid back to someone for causing you a major inconvenience.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

It's all rumors atm, but it is interesting nonetheless. How they're gonna implement it? if they're gonna mimic RL. iT's gonna be a long and annoying process...lol.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

I'd imagine they'd implement it alot like the EQ2 "gnoll abductor" or whatever he's called, in thundering steppes. I don't know if it's still in the game, but if this specific mob "touches" your toon, you're teleported to a gnoll prison, from which you need to solve a couple puzzles and kill a few mobs to escape. First time it happened I was like, "wtf... whooaaaa....".

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

This should be put in Eve. Probably have half their playerbase executed though image

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

If the trial comsumes player's time to attend.....then I probably say no thanks, but really would like to see players putting up "bounty" quest for those players, so instead of a antisocial behaviour of griefing ad dpain, now it is a social bonding between good players :D

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

•  

I think this is a great idea if done well. There would need to be different levels of punishment for all the different levels of crime. And perhaps after someone is convicted many times the quest line to get out of jail would get increasingly harder.

a while after PKing someone if you run or hide long enough the NPC bounty hunter gives up on you, or if you hide out in a remote area you won’t get hunted at all. Let’s say after someone PK's three times, then a bounty hunter is sent after them, after 5 times two BH and after ten PKs in a short amount of time, royal soldiers will show up to ride you down.

But here is the catch, you can kill these NPC BH and soldiers (which wouldn't be easy by any stretch) and remain on the run carrying on your murderous rampage but only if you were skilled enough to do so. lets say after you kill the NPC(s) coming for you, you would then buy yourself two hours before the next wave is sent to melt your face.

So in theory a city of PK’s would be constantly under siege from the army, which would be cool as hell and give a great reason to form an alliances and build towns with other baddies.

oh and one last thing, perhaps after you get arrested your pals could sneak into the city and break you out :)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I personally don't see what it will add to the overall experience but I'll have to wait to either experience it myself or hear about it.

This is not a game.