Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: It’s the Journey

• KebeckKebeck Rouyn-Noranda, QCPosts: 323Member

The game really all sounds great on paper.. But I have a feeling that the all mighty internet community will screw this game up...

From the hype the game currently have, to its downfall screamed on all forums once released..

From those week long puzzles that answers will come up on the global chat all day long as soon as discovered..

From the hardcore community this game will attract with its pvp to its build you'll NEED to have in order to be efficient at anything, making all characters the same...

I'd love this game to work but I have that weird feeling, all too many times confirmed, that the game is going to crash and burn... But I'd LOVE to be wrong on that one...

• keglokeglo Springfield, MOPosts: 40Member Uncommon

Wow! Thank you MMO.Maverick. That stuff is just plain cool. This game is looking better and better.

• keglokeglo Springfield, MOPosts: 40Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Kebeck

to its build you'll NEED to have in order to be efficient at anything, making all characters the same...

I must admit that I am worried about this one as well. It seems that all the games that try to give you lots of varity in a build still end up with only a few viable builds that everyone uses. I hope that somehow TSW will figure out how to make it work. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 1, NJPosts: 6,690Member

Funcom has said all the right things before and look what happened. All I'm saying is that don't fall into the hype so much and lets actually wait and see how it goes. I wish them the best amd maybe I'll give this one a try if they pull through this time.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 New York, NYPosts: 888Member Uncommon

Its just a personal preference of mine but I prefer mmo's where the focus is on the players interacting with other players, not players interacting with npc's.  It just doesn't make sense to me given the primary defining characteristic of the genre is the massively multiplayer part.

That being said, given FC's past performance I look forward to trying this game only with a free trial at some point well after launch.

• doragon86doragon86 Boston, MAPosts: 589Member Uncommon

I'm intrigued but skeptical. This is simply due to Funcom losing my trust some time ago. I will keep an eye out to see if this game is truly as they say.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• highs2lowshighs2lows Port St Lucie, FLPosts: 6Member

once you complete their quiz and post your email you are automatically put in line for a beta key when the time comes.